Suggestions For A Kennel Name

Summersaint

Hi All,

I just recieve notification that our choosen kennel name has been taken :( , it took me ages to come up with it so this time I need help from fellow DOLers...

late next year we are planning on breeding our lovely labrador Lily Rose but also in the future we am hoping to add newfoundlands to our family to show and breed. I was thinking a play on words to describe the two breeds or in another language...all help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

**small prize for the winner** :D

Maybe play around with the letters or take some from each eg

Dorne

Ansla

Lansla

Its a bit hard to incorporate the breeds in the name & there is no common factor to denote the breeds. Maybe have a re think & choose something completely unrelated.

We had the same issue.

You need to get really creative!

So maybe you can take Lily Rose's pedigree name (minus the prefix) and look into the origin of Lab's and/ or Newfoundlands. Maybe if there is someone you would like to remember or honor in your name as well?

Lilies and Roses are both Summer flowers.

The Labrador and Newfoundland originated from the same breed of St John water dog - in the respective regions of canada, although it is said the Labrador came from a place called Avalon.

The breeds were essentially created by and for the local fishermen. As a hunting and retriever dog.

So for instance:

Summersaint

Rosavalon

Waterlily

Etc etc :) Give it a go it can be really fun!

Hi All,

I just recieve notification that our choosen kennel name has been taken :( , it took me ages to come up with it so this time I need help from fellow DOLers...

late next year we are planning on breeding our lovely labrador Lily Rose but also in the future we am hoping to add newfoundlands to our family to show and breed. I was thinking a play on words to describe the two breeds or in another language...all help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

**small prize for the winner** :D

Don't know if this will help you but we used to live in Newfoundland. One of the general sayings is "Best Kind'both in Newfoundland and Labrador. Also 'Buddy ' is a third person reference. Some names on The Labrador are French since Quebec made a claim to it (lost)many place names end in ARM to describe a piece of land which stretches out to the ocean. There are native Indians on the Labrador. A google will assist you with language.The place names are fantastic ...

There are a ton of really neat names in Newfoundland, and of course the slang is not always acceptable to repeat in company, but pretty neat anyway!

I agree, buddy is a big term there...and boy but it's pronounced 'by'

Gros Morne (amazing place)

Port Aux Basque (squish it together)

Hearts Desire (yes, that's a place as well)

The Rock (yup, that's what we call it cause that's what it is....big hunk of granite for the most part)

Harbour Grace (great dog show there!)

Avalon

Quidividi (hehe...and how do we pronounce that?)

Paradise

Torbay

Gander

then the places not so well named for a prefix like "Dildo" or "Conception Bay"

The best names are the little tiny villages that are found on the upper coast. Twillingate or Fogo for example.