Abc News

Teebs

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks everyone. It wasn't actually as hard to do as I thought it would be. Probably because I as well as most people here feel very strongly on this issue.

If anyone gets a chance to get out there and do anything to bring this issue up, and have a say, please do it.

My neighbours called me and they don't have any dogs, but totally agree with us in our thoughts on the subject. The house is my Mum's house. She passed away suddenly recently, few months ago, and we haven't been living here for long. Monty has only recently been introduced to the other dogs, but is very good with them. They are all rescue dogs. There are so many people who have these crossbreeds, dogs without pedigrees, I feel so very sorry for them.

My council are good, reasonable and have commonsense, but I do feel for some in other areas who may have nasty or ego filled rangers. I do think though, eventually, this issue is going to end up in court, for some unlucky responsible person and their dog.

It is all very vague at the moment, but from what I can gather, the main thing is to have dogs registered. I have contacted the Minister and an MP asking for clarification on a few points. Not all the points, but mostly about the Vet Certification issue, and weather that applies only to amstaffs, or for all breeds and crosses of dogs. It is all very confusing at the moment.

OMG sumosmum and Monty what a brilliant interview. :thumbsup: :D

You where calm, concise and got the points across beautifully, highlighting the confusion regarding the new laws with regard to cross breeds other than APBT and the unfairness of those laws on responsible dog owners. It was also great that you agreed with stricter penalties for moron dog owners.

Oh and Monty is gorgeous.

The LDH spokesperson is an idiot with no idea of the issues.

Great job sumosmum! Monty is gorgeous :thumbsup:

I hope that person from LDH wasn't actually a vet!

I saw he was Dr something but I sincerely hope he is a phD not a vet :(

Yep, he is a vet. He runs the shelter with the big kill rates. Does he even like animals? :mad