Extra Large Dog Beds

Alfie02

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows where I can buy an extra large dog bed (for a dog over 40kgs) online. It has to be one that has enough padding to keep them off the floor. Any style is fine, its for inside so doesn't need to be raised or anything. Under $100 would be good if possible :)

Thank you!

Good luck for that price :laugh:

Have a look at Rrruff Wear (they advertise in the banner ads). Otherwise best option for big dogs is the Snooza D1000.

Another option is getting a foam mattress from Clarke Rubber, cutting in half and doubling up and putting in a doona cover.

I would go to vinnies and several other op shops and find a baby mattress. Or even from new. And just make some washable covers. that is what I do for my newfies. I have also used folded doona's and just made covers. Works fine and is cheap.

I buy new ones, but if you are on a budget.........

I can highly recommend these beds... http://www.pet-joy.com/shop/beds/doggy_bagg_original/

You can have thick cotton covers, or tough 'teflon coated' outside covers.

An XL (St Bernard, Great Dane size) works out to about $120 aus, not sure on shipping to here though, but I got one each for all 4 of my dogs in the UK and they were great beds :D

You can buy spare covers and liners etc.

I thought it would be pushing it to get one under $100, but one can always be hopeful... :D

I love the idea of the baby mattress and a doon cover...i might look into that.

Thanks for the links too, I will have a look at those now :)

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows where I can buy an extra large dog bed (for a dog over 40kgs) online. It has to be one that has enough padding to keep them off the floor. Any style is fine, its for inside so doesn't need to be raised or anything. Under $100 would be good if possible :)

Thank you!

A couple of years ago, i went to IKEA and bought a futon mattress for a single futon chair. It was a little long for my needs, so i cut it in half & made new covers for both sections and ended up with two large beds (adult lab) for $60 all up.

This time round, i made a doona cover dog bed (adult lab size) and then went to op shops & bought blankets, liners, woolen dooner inners etc to fill it.

5896683556_404904277e.jpg

5993019645_21896c8994.jpg

I wanted a 'pretty' bed & spent a bit on fabric ($60) and only about $20 or so on op shop blankets.

:)

Wait for Target, Big W etc to have their kids sales and then grab a cot mattress and a fitted sheet to go over it. We also throw an old blanket (or sometimes Coles has really good fleecy one on sale) on top

If you have a friend or family member who can sew then you can get a cover made for it. But a good thick cot mattress on sale will cost you about $50 - $60 compared to dog beds over $120+

I went to Clark Rubber and had foam cut to fit large crates(120x70cm, 12cm thick) for, I think, $65.

I also bought single bed matress protectors for, I think, $24.

Covers I got from Great Rugs under Comfort Beds.

I got the XL (C.C.P) Comfy Cushion Bed covers(150x95cm) for $30

So $120 all up.

In winter they have a polar fleece blanket, on top, which were only $7 :D

I also have the XL(C.C.P) Comfy Cushion Beds, which are only $69, but wanted a bit more support for night time.

Edited by raffikki

Where are you Alfie?

I got a pretty big bed for Orbit (Dane) from PetCare2000 in Castle Hill. I can't remember how much I paid but I think it was about $160-$170? Bit more than you wanted to pay but its huge and very thick! Pretty sure the brand is Kazoo

This is it (its on top of one I made here but I use it on its own)

20100811-005.jpg

20100811-001.jpg

Found a place to buy online - $159 for the XL

http://www.worldforpets.com.au/products/product_detail.asp?ID=5108

Edited by stormie

I bought a new cot mattress on sale and made a simple pillowcase style cover for it. Also bought a terry towelling waterproof undersheet for less than $10 that I put under the cover to keep the mattress clean. Billie likes to eat bones on the bed so this way I don't have to worry about the mattress getting festy, just throw the undersheet and cover in the wash as necessary. All up it was certainly under $100 (plus some time to sew the cover).

We didn't add extra padding as she's not a big dog and rarely uses the soft bed we bought earlier. Excuse the debris on the floor...someone used to think the recycle bin was just another toy box.

1413wn6.jpg