Lab X Poodle. Anyone?

shells

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand what the problem is here either!!!!!!!! I think we all need to move with the times, designer dogs are what some people are after, like it or not, love your breed, think there is no reason to cross two perfectly appropiate breeds?? Doesn't matter. People want designer dogs, poodle x's seem to be the fav. I think the only way the fight is ever going to be "won" is by breeding healthy dogs to create healthy designer dogs. Otherwise the fight will be lost. Sorry I think it's now a fact, like it or not................

Edited by meluchja

I don't understand what the problem is here either!!!!!!!! I think we all need to move with the times, designer dogs are what some people are after, like it or not, love your breed, think there is no reason to cross two perfectly appropiate breeds?? Doesn't matter. People want designer dogs, poodle x's seem to be the fav. I think the only way the fight is ever going to be "won" is by breeding healthy dogs to create healthy designer dogs. Otherwise the fight will be lost. Sorry it's the truth, like it or not................

The "truth", like it or not... is that there is no "designer" crossbreed that can be "created" thats criteria isn't already satisfied by a purebred.

I don't understand what the problem is here either!!!!!!!! I think we all need to move with the times, designer dogs are what some people are after, like it or not, love your breed, think there is no reason to cross two perfectly appropiate breeds?? Doesn't matter. People want designer dogs, poodle x's seem to be the fav. I think the only way the fight is ever going to be "won" is by breeding healthy dogs to create healthy designer dogs. Otherwise the fight will be lost. Sorry it's the truth, like it or not................

The "truth", like it or not... is that there is no "designer" crossbreed that can be "created" thats criteria isn't already satisfied by a purebred.

obviously this is what a lot of people still think, but I think there are just as people now a days that will beg to differ, sorry.

obviously this is what a lot of people still think, but I think there are just as people now a days that will beg to differ, sorry.

Out of curiosity....do you own an Oodle?

FYI, people here don't bag crossbreds, in fact a lot of people own crossbreds, they are simply showing disgust at the 'trend' that is the horrid DD

I don't understand what the problem is here either!!!!!!!! I think we all need to move with the times, designer dogs are what some people are after, like it or not, love your breed, think there is no reason to cross two perfectly appropiate breeds?? Doesn't matter. People want designer dogs, poodle x's seem to be the fav. I think the only way the fight is ever going to be "won" is by breeding healthy dogs to create healthy designer dogs. Otherwise the fight will be lost. Sorry I think it's now a fact, like it or not................

People want designer dogs because they think they can have all the good points of both breeds and none of the bad of either. It's a myth. Genes don't work like that.

Non-shedding coat is a case in point. Most oodles shed and most buyers have no idea of that.

You also can't shove your head in the sand about the fact the most of these pups are bred in situations that spell misery for the parent dogs. As a poodle fancier that distresses me greatly. I've no interest in supporting designer dogs if other dogs suffer to produce them.

Edited by poodlefan

I appreciate you love your Purebred dogs, I like them as well. But do you really need to put down the cross breds?

Just remember this is a PURE BREED forum. Whilst some members do own crossbreeds [often from rescues], the point of this forum is to advocate pure bred dogs.

I'm not contesting that there's a large proportion of society that believe their needs can be met by cross-breeding. I just don't agree with it.

I appreciate that those who are passionate about these crossbreeds are forming associations (the Lab X Poodle association for example) and are trying to formulate some kind of breed standard amongst those who they deem to be 'accredited'. I've just not witnessed any uniform standard amongst any of these pups regardless of how many generations they may claim to stem from.

Not promoting DD, not arguing that a DD has anything over a pure bred dog, just stating what I have come to know as a fact. People like DD, so why wouldn't major brands cash in on that, it's business, it's sad but it's business. Puppy Farms are sad and the people who run them should ashamed of themselves, and the government should put a stop to it. But people are buying these dogs because they know no better. If a DD is what they want, and if a registered breeder can't give them that, where do you think they are going to go????? A pet shop and we all know where most of these dogs come from. It's sad, we don't like it, but sadely it's reality. I personally don't support Puppy Farms or Pet Shops. I've stopped living in fantasy land, people want these dogs, most of us don't support it, but again it's just what has become.

Edited by meluchja