Ebay Crates

Red Fox

Has anyone bought a 42" (or larger) crate from the seller All Pet Homes on eBay?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/370273165932?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Looking for something solid, secure, no sharp edges or flimsy wire, under $150. I do like the locks/catches on the above crate and the price is good, just not sure of the overall quality compared to say the puppy power or Vebo crates?

Thanks.

There are tens of thousands of sellers on eBay, you're best off checking out their feedback to see if someone has bought the same thing :)

If you want a cheaper crate though, this one has a better price and with free shipping:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/X-Large-42-Collapsible-Metal-Dog-Crate-Pet-Puppy-Cage-/360390815577

Edited by Dju

I purchased mine from the seller that dju posted. It's not as stable as the 48" I purchased for my dane, but is still fairly reliable. It's lining tray has held together much more than the other brand I purchased for the Dane which shattered into pieces.

Should also note I bought two of the 42" crates - left one out in the rain for... 7 months? Thought it would be destroyed but only the latches have mildly rusted and it's still in fine condition. (Should add I left it in the rain as it was my Weim's who died last year and I didn't want to see it as a constant reminder in the house... so used it to maintain a fence that my Dane had destroyed :rolleyes: )

Edited by Pheebs

Hi SecretKei,

I just brought 2 of these crates from Allpet homes, a 36" & a 42". Don't know why but the 36" one is a better quality crate IMO as the zips seem stronger, the crate pad is thicker,it also came with a carry bag to put it in.

The 42" zippers are a bit flimsy, crate pad is useless, no carry bag. It also was marked on the outside & I had to wash it anyway before I used it as it had a very bad, musty smell to it as if it had been stored somewhere damp.

Having said that the actual crate construction seems quite sturdy, with reinforced corners & the frame seems strong to me. My boy is not at all destructive & we will only be using this crate when we go caravaning so it will be

fine for that. Very fast delivery (next day) which is great but don't understand why the 2 crates are different as both pic's on Ebay were indentical. In hindsight, probably should have brought the 42" from K9 Pro as they have

them on special ATM they look good too. Hope I was of some help. Sorry for the novel :laugh:

Edited by BC Crazy

i bought an all pet homes one i'm pretty sure. it is still used though oberon chewed through the walls as a pup so now its just a kennel. no sharp bits at all.

:laugh: I'm presuming you mean a soft crate if he chewed through the walls? I'm looking for a metal one.

I have all pet one's and they are crap, I ordered two at once and wish I didn't.

The best buys have been the crates off Vebo. I've got about 9 of those and they are excellent, as are their puppy pens with lids

Thank you. I am planning on ordering one of those pens shortly too.:)

We have two 42" crates off eBay, and they are great, not flimsy st all! We have a clothes basket overfilled with clothes on one and it hasn't even bent the wire on top LOL

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who has found a creative use for a spare crate :D

A little bit Off Topic, BUT............................

where do you find replacement trays for your crates?????? (when you needed to)

I have small wire crates and my girl broke the tray into bits :mad

I have contacted one ebay seller and they can't buy the trays seperatly, I don't want to have to contact EVERY seller to find one.

I have posted in the DOL marketplace & classifieds section asking for spare parts.

The tray measures 42cm wide 57cm long and 4cm deep.

Thanks guys

BB

A little bit Off Topic, BUT............................

where do you find replacement trays for your crates?????? (when you needed to)

I have small wire crates and my girl broke the tray into bits :mad

I have contacted one ebay seller and they can't buy the trays seperatly, I don't want to have to contact EVERY seller to find one.

I have posted in the DOL marketplace & classifieds section asking for spare parts.

The tray measures 42cm wide 57cm long and 4cm deep.

Thanks guys

BB

I've never a broken tray (yet!) but I would just put a couple of extra blankets in the crate and sit it on a tarp at a show.

ETA all my crates have been off ebay

Edited by Rebanne

I have all pet one's and they are crap, I ordered two at once and wish I didn't.

The best buys have been the crates off Vebo. I've got about 9 of those and they are excellent, as are their puppy pens with lids

We recently bought a 42" crate on wheels from Vebo. Before we actually bought it, we went to the showroom while on holidays in Sydney (they are located in Belmore) and had a look at it to make sure it was of the quality that the picture displayed. It arrived a week ago and i'm really happy with it. On ebay, Vebo trade as ezypets