When Will I Learn?

Weasels

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Riley would definately destroy the iqube, egg babies etc in minutes. I just know he wouldn't get the whole concept of getting the toys out without ripping it to shreads. I am tempted to try him with a nina ottosson toy again though (they are plastic).

I have alot of customers though that have great success with teaching their dogs the game though - It would take time, not simply give them the toy and hope for the best.

Edited by wagsalot

Last year I drove with Tarja from Melbourne to Sydney for Christmas and I bought her an everlasting treat ball to keep her occupied in her crate. It took her 2 minutes to remove the treat from the ball, and another minute or so to eat the supposedly unchewable treat. :eek:

bugger i just brought one of them :( hopefully it lasts a bit longer than that!

Guest donatella

<My dad got up to answer the phone once, leaving his sandwich unattended. Ren (our old dog) managed to extract and eat the ham, leaving all other fillings and bread in place. >

Classic! :rofl:

:rofl:

Guest donatella

Oh good grief! While I was typing this Vienna was doing this! :eek:

waslillysball.jpg

We've had the ball since Christmas and yes there are lots of other toys strewn all around, untouched.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

i woke up to this the other morning (teach me to sleep in)

post-41750-0-70700500-1317175017_thumb.jpg

Neither Dory nor the Cat play with toys on their own. The cat likes the rings from the milk bottle, pens and hair ties. Buy him a nice cat nip infused toy, or something with feathers dangling from it...meh...

Dory, no interest at all. Unless you are going to play catch me if you can or tug. I'm actually envious of you guys who have dogs that play with toys.

We went to a BBQ one afternoon, left behind a sleeping puppy and a pristine porch..came home to this

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Vulcan's longest lasting toys are his Kong, Staffy ball and nylabone...fluffies get demolished in seconds I don't bother buying them anymore :o .

:rofl: :rofl: Gretel & Donatella!

post-33603-0-35177600-1317180929_thumb.jpg

Edited by Polgara's Shadow

We went to a BBQ one afternoon, left behind a sleeping puppy and a pristine porch..came home to this

Vulcan's longest lasting toys are his Kong, Staffy ball and nylabone...fluffies get demolished in seconds I don't bother buying them anymore :o .

At least it's all neatly contained to his bed :laugh:

Guest donatella

:laugh: how can such a gorgeous face create such a massacre :laugh:

I wish mine would destroy toys, they are not interested in them at all! I have the opposite problem, I spend money on new toys hoping they will like the new one, they give it a chew for less than 5 minutes and are over it, never to be played with again! And that is both of them. Weirdos.

Riley would definately destroy the iqube, egg babies etc in minutes. I just know he wouldn't get the whole concept of getting the toys out without ripping it to shreads. I am tempted to try him with a nina ottosson toy again though (they are plastic).

I have alot of customers though that have great success with teaching their dogs the game though - It would take time, not simply give them the toy and hope for the best.

These are brilliant, but must only be played under supervision as the bloody dogs run off with the pieces :rolleyes: Oh and the smart ones also cheat

th_25122010_001-1.jpg

Edited by grumpette

Last year I drove with Tarja from Melbourne to Sydney for Christmas and I bought her an everlasting treat ball to keep her occupied in her crate. It took her 2 minutes to remove the treat from the ball, and another minute or so to eat the supposedly unchewable treat. :eek:

bugger i just brought one of them :( hopefully it lasts a bit longer than that!

The ball is still one of her favourite toys - I just stuff kibble into the innermost part of the ball and she has a great time trying to get it out. That is a bit more challenging than removing the proper treats, apparently!

Edited to lol at Grumpette's dogs :laugh:

Edited by LappieHappy

I love how in all the pictures the dogs look so satisfied from a job well done! And grumpette's toy box looks like the most fun ever :D

These are brilliant, but must only be played under supervision as the bloody dogs run off with the pieces :rolleyes: Oh and the smart ones also cheat

th_25122010_001-1.jpg

I have a wooden one of these, the ones where they had to slide the panel across they sussed straight away, but there are other panels that require sliding a separate wheel to open them up. Those panels had them stumped...... until they decided to just turn the whole toy upside down :rolleyes:

I think the best puzzle for my girl at the moment is trying to work out how to retrieve the balls she has lost under the couches.

We got around the problem of the dogs tipping the games up to get all the treats at once by putting our foot on the edge of the game :thumbsup:

Yep, Zeph thinks the ball retrieval game is fun, until he starts moving the furniture or knocks the external hard drive on the computer. Bloody ball obsessed dogs :eek::mad

We got around the problem of the dogs tipping the games up to get all the treats at once by putting our foot on the edge of the game :thumbsup:

Yep, Zeph thinks the ball retrieval game is fun, until he starts moving the furniture or knocks the external hard drive on the computer. Bloody ball obsessed dogs :eek::mad

:laugh: Fortunately The Fox is 17kg dripping wet, so she isn't going to be pushing aside furniture anytime soon! She just whines until we get it for her if she's really stuck :rolleyes:

I like your idea about the foot tho, I'll give it a try next time :thumbsup: Gotta thwart those cheating kelpies!

I have a squirrel dude for my dog that I load up with boring kibble. I can't load it up with anything exciting or hard to get, or scissor mouth just chomps open the bottom like a can opener. So we're on the second squirrel dude.

The everlastfun ball is still going. I put a rope through it and it's kind of like an orbee now fetch toy. Sometimes I put a bit of kibble in it but she's way too efficient at getting stuff out. She hasn't damaged it. But a certain tan and white bull terrier I know, has put tooth holes in it. It's fine as long as nobody tugs.

And I found a soft cricket ball trainer which I swear is like doggy bubble gum. I don't leave her alone with it, and she has punctured it, and it does stick to her teeth but so far she hasn't ripped it to shreds like all the tennis balls and a few baseballs she's had.

And I don't let her play with footballs. She cuts the laces and then rips the whole thing to shreds after sticking her tooth through the inflation hole.