Agility Nationals 2012

Vickie

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right KC - I was being a tight @r$e and looking at the early bird dates ;)

LMAO :laugh:

I should probably do the same thing and not leave it so long to decide - more the older dog that I am still undecided about. Scary thing is that it will come round quickly enough.

Ok, here is the answer regarding moving up a class if you get a title after you have entered.

If you post your entries, you have until close of entries to email the trial secretary and ask to move up a class.

If you enter online via the E-Performance entries, you can log in and move yourself up by changing the class you are entered in, up until close of entries.

Note. Once entries have closed, it is too late to move up a class.

Thanks Vickie! :D

I love the option of entering online, wish we had that all the time!

:D :D :D Find out next week sometime if my leave is approved and if so IM THERE :D :D :D

hehehe and DSO and I are finally livign out our fantasy of running pairs together :D :D :D CANNOT WAIT!!

Not sure about Ella who is training nicely but Den should be right onto his game.. starting some intensive training in hope we can pull off a miracle or 2..

Really excited though :) my first nationals finally been competing for god knows how long and yet never made a nationals.. wish Jock was here to share it with me but not much I can do :(

:D :D :D Find out next week sometime if my leave is approved and if so IM THERE :D :D :D

hehehe and DSO and I are finally livign out our fantasy of running pairs together :D :D :D CANNOT WAIT!!

:laugh: :laugh: Jess and Den pairs, should be interesting! ;)

Just curious I dont know alot about paralysis ticks that you guys have in NSW. So is there anything that I should give to my guys when I go over to the Nationals? Thanks for your help

I don't think they would be a problem in June, I take my dogs to Dogs NSW Erskine Park & ticks aren't a problem in winter. Not sure about the Equestrian Centre? To be on the safe side you could use Advantix a day or 2 before you go, but be careful if you have cats as it's poisonous to cats.

Got another question to the people over in NSW have any of you guys checked out the clothes I was wondering about the Tri-colour Jacket With Hood and Contrast Softshell Jacket (No Dog Hair) which would be the best one to get thanks for your help guys

Hi guys just a question, what age can you start agility work ? I have looked in a couple of pages but I can't see an age that you start, I mean training with a club.

You wouldn't want to do much jumping or obstacle work until after 12 months or so, but there is a lot of foundation work to do with body swareness and following your body and other things that you can do from a puppy.

Got another question to the people over in NSW have any of you guys checked out the clothes I was wondering about the Tri-colour Jacket With Hood and Contrast Softshell Jacket (No Dog Hair) which would be the best one to get thanks for your help guys

I have sat next to the cabana with these on display at the last couple of trials so I've seen them. You do need to check the website for the measurements as some of them are male sizes, some unisex and some female.

The tricolour jacket is really nice and I'm going to get one of those. Looks very warm. They only had a small size there so I need to go check the website for sizing and I think that was a men's size so the hips will be narrower.

The contrast colour one does look like dog hair will have a hard time sticking to it. It comes to probably just on hip level, doesn't cover your bum. From memory it was a female sizing one. quite fitted. Not for me but looked like a nice lightweight jacket. You'd need a bigger size if you wanted to wear a jumper underneath.

The padded vest was very nice and so was the fleecy jacket.

I saw the photos of the merch on Facebook - they look great. Think I want the big warm jacket - I did get one at the WA Nationals but I have since lost 15 odd kilos and it is massive on me :laugh: The NSW ones look really good in the photos

With the polo shirts, are they actually Navy? It says Navy on the site but the picture is more of a mid blue? Thanks!

Hi guys just a question, what age can you start agility work ? I have looked in a couple of pages but I can't see an age that you start, I mean training with a club.

It really depends on the club, some offer classes from puppies, others only offer classes after you have completed an obedience course.

Maybe have a look at this thread to find a club near you and contact them for info: http://www.dolforums.com.au/topic/108588-where-to-do-agility/

I saw the photos of the merch on Facebook - they look great. Think I want the big warm jacket - I did get one at the WA Nationals but I have since lost 15 odd kilos and it is massive on me :laugh: The NSW ones look really good in the photos

With the polo shirts, are they actually Navy? It says Navy on the site but the picture is more of a mid blue? Thanks!

none of us get to see the shirts until they are all delivered after orders are filled. They don't have samples because they don't make them up till all orders are received. Hence the really soon deadline for shirt orders (early January.) The design is somehow made into the fabric once they know how many orders there are so none are made in advance.

Would have been nice to at least have a sample of the fabric, even if it was the wrong colour, so you could see if you like the feel of it. Some of these synthetic cool dry kinds of shirts just feel terrible, some are great.

I did overhear someone saying it was more of a royal blue for the shirt, so must not be a dark navy,

It really depends on the club, some offer classes from puppies, others only offer classes after you have completed an obedience course.

Maybe have a look at this thread to find a club near you and contact them for info: http://www.dolforums.com.au/topic/108588-where-to-do-agility/

Thank you I will have a read tonight.. :-)

You wouldn't want to do much jumping or obstacle work until after 12 months or so, but there is a lot of foundation work to do with body swareness and following your body and other things that you can do from a puppy.

Thanks Kavik that's great that I can do some minor things from pup age :-)

I want the Tri-colour Jacket With Hood, too! Even though I have no idea if I'm coming or not yet laugh.gif Looks nice and cosy. Good thing I have until April to order!

none of us get to see the shirts until they are all delivered after orders are filled. They don't have samples because they don't make them up till all orders are received. Hence the really soon deadline for shirt orders (early January.) The design is somehow made into the fabric once they know how many orders there are so none are made in advance.

Would have been nice to at least have a sample of the fabric, even if it was the wrong colour, so you could see if you like the feel of it. Some of these synthetic cool dry kinds of shirts just feel terrible, some are great.

I did overhear someone saying it was more of a royal blue for the shirt, so must not be a dark navy,

Thanks for your help TJ :thumbsup:

I want the Tri-colour Jacket With Hood, too! Even though I have no idea if I'm coming or not yet laugh.gif Looks nice and cosy. Good thing I have until April to order!

Did you see the photos on FB? They look good - definitely want one - like the colours.