Royal Show Awards

puglvr

I'm just wondering......

The Pug Club donates Trophies and Sashes for the BOB, RUBOB, Dog CC, Bitch CC and Reserve CC's.

So what happens for breeds who don't have a breed club to donate or can afford to donate.

Does the RASV supply ribbons for the class winners and placegetters?

Do they have sashe/rosettes for those breeds that aren't donated?

I'm just wondering......

The Pug Club donates Trophies and Sashes for the BOB, RUBOB, Dog CC, Bitch CC and Reserve CC's.

So what happens for breeds who don't have a breed club to donate or can afford to donate.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the Melbourne Royal has a Rosette for 1st Place in the class, Best of Breed and Puppy in Breed.

There is a sash for Reserve Challenges.

For 2nd and 3rd, it's only a red and white ribbon.

I'm just wondering......

Correct me if I am wrong, but the Melbourne Royal has a Rosette for 1st Place in the class, Best of Breed and Puppy in Breed.

Seems a shame there is nothing given by the RASV for runner up in breed. Unless a breed club gives something for this award the second best dog in the breed gets nothing in recognition.

I'm just wondering......

Seems a shame there is nothing given by the RASV for runner up in breed. Unless a breed club gives something for this award the second best dog in the breed gets nothing in recognition.

Sydney Royal has a sash for both Challenge Winners, Reserve Challenge Winners, Best of Breed and Runner Up Best of Breed. All class winners receive a rosette and placegetters a ribbon. There used to be a sash for Puppy of the Day winner as well but since they don't do that now, there isn't one... LOL

BOB and RUBOB at Adelaide - sashes and rosettes.

RCC, sashes.

Ribbons for 1st - 4th class winners (or is it 1st - 3rd)?

Lots of donated trophies though for different breeds at the adelaide royal. I was very envious of the BOB and RUBOB baskets of goodies for the shelties this year. Looked really good. (SA sheltie club donated those)

This is interesting. I would really like to know what the Melbourne (RASV) awards are.

All awards/sashes/rosettes are printed in the gazette and those who donated them.

Best of breed winners were given a polar zip up jumper/jacket this year.

BOB at Brisbane Royal - rosette

RUBOB - nothing

Challenge - felt sash

Reserve Challenge - felt sash

Puppy of breed - nothing

Baby of Breed - nothing

places in class - ribbons

The rosettes are nice, but the felt sashes and ribbons are bloody ugly.

RCC, sashes.

Lots of donated trophies though for different breeds at the adelaide royal. I was very envious of the BOB and RUBOB baskets of goodies for the shelties this year. Looked really good. (SA sheltie club donated those)

We didn't receive a sash for RBCC at Adelaide royal this year?

All we got was a felt ribbon for 2nd in open bitch (bcc came from open as well).

Anna was second in Open bitch and got a red second ribbon

Marie was first in Open bitch and got a rosette that said first

Daphne was first in Aust Bred bitch and got a rosette that said first

Daphne was Challenge bitch and got a rosette whose ribbons said challenge

Marie was Runner-Up Challenge bitch and got a fringie ribbon

Hagen got a first rosette for his class, a challenge rosette for his challenge and then something else for Best of Breed (I didn't pay enough attention to be able to tell you what). Katherine also got a jacket and a bag of Advance food.

Daphne got nothing for runner-up in breed in terms of ribbons etc but we got a bag of Advance food.

This is interesting. I would really like to know what the Melbourne (RASV) awards are.

All awards/sashes/rosettes are printed in the gazette and those who donated them.

Best of breed winners were given a polar zip up jumper/jacket this year.

Melbourne sounds lovely i heard perth royal bob winners get worming tablets, i guess they are useful if the right size for breed though :) no idea on sashes etc yet

So my next question is..... Were the rosettes for Challenges, Reserve and BOB awarded for all breeds? Or did they only give them to breeds who did not have awards donated by Breed Clubs?

I know that at the Pug judging this year, they gave out the RASV Rosettes, sashes etc in addition to the Pug Club donated ones (which they announced had been donated by PCOV as they were presented) so I would imagine that would apply to all breeds. Donated ones are extras, not replacements if that makes sense.

So my next question is..... Were the rosettes for Challenges, Reserve and BOB awarded for all breeds? Or did they only give them to breeds who did not have awards donated by Breed Clubs?

Yes, the rosettes, sashes etc go to all winners. If there is a sponsored prize, the winning exhibitors get that as well.

It is disappointing that there are no sashes for RUBOB at many Royals. At Melb Royal last year I got RUBOB - no prize, no sash. Just a sash for Res CC. It was the same at Brisbane last year, with the exception that I also got a ribbon for the class win.

RCC, sashes.

All we got was a felt ribbon for 2nd in open bitch (bcc came from open as well).

hmmm - think you should have....

Was pretty sure the RCCs all got sashes. We were on the first day.

Happy to be wrong.

RCC, sashes.

hmmm - think you should have....

Was pretty sure the RCCs all got sashes. We were on the first day.

Happy to be wrong.

Nope, we didn't get a sash for RBCC either, we were on the last day. I was very jealous of the beautiful RCC sashes at Melbourne!

Melbourne sounds lovely i heard perth royal bob winners get worming tablets, i guess they are useful if the right size for breed though :) no idea on sashes etc yet

Perth Royal have ribbons for 1st, 2nd and 3rd in class, rosettes for CC, rCC, BOB and rBOB. BOB also received a pack of worming tablets and a voucher for a professional photo (including print). Class in group winners got Rosettes and Virbac product. Class in Show winners will get trophies, rosettes and product.