Lakeland Terriers (photos!)

Monah

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On of my sister's friends adopted an adult male (about 10 mths to a year). I assume it was a dog that was run on by a breeder. I see him at the dog park, he is either called George or Harry (i forget) but he is very cute! He is actually their first dog, husband wanted airedales but wife said too big. They have been very happy with him.

Edited by Quickasyoucan

I use photobucket too..

I adore Welshies, Irish and Airedales, and foxies..

I dont know much about other terriers, but often a distinguishing difference in some areas is that lakelands appear to get on well with other dogs and animals, unlike some terriers (although I've not seen any terrier issues myself in any dogs).

Lakelands often worked with foxhounds so were bred to be in pack situations which may have helped with their sociability.

THey are a little smaller than welshies and come in several coat colours. They are intelligent and love to do do do and go go go :laugh: They have a reputation for being cheerful little dogs and they really are! Happy happy happy chappies.

I'm pretty sure that lakelands and welshies are related way back.

I love the leggy, rough coated terriers, I love the pics Monah! :) Thank you for sharing.

Gorgeous photos! Love the bath one. Your kitties are gorgeous too!

A groomer asked if Hamish was a Lakeland when he was a pup and mostly black confused.gif They look like a totally different colour.

Lakies can come in several colours, including black and tan.

And would you believe, at the Perth Royal Show today - 2 gold lakelands, one gold with blackish saddle, and 3 black ones! And one 6 month welsh terrier - about 6-7 Kerrie Terriers and only one irish!

The lakelands and welsh were lovely little dogs!

And would you believe, at the Perth Royal Show today - 2 gold lakelands, one gold with blackish saddle, and 3 black ones! And one 6 month welsh terrier - about 6-7 Kerrie Terriers and only one irish!

How sad there was only one Irish there.

The BOB Lakie went RUBIG too (to Edie's sire who went BIG). :D

Lakelands are red Christine, not gold :D

The blacks are bred by my dogs' breeder - they're very cute aren't they?

The cat is beautiful too :) . Is it a cornish rex or devon rex?

Devon, I've got 2 but have had many since the 70's. xxx

I see a few kerries here at shows. gorgeous..had to laugh at the last one, a male spent the whole time growling at his owner while she tried to 'do' his beard! :laugh: she took no notice of him....anyway, he ended up winning! stunning little strut he had! :)

Kerries are a lot larger than lakies etc.

would have loved to have seen those terriers at the perth royal! :thumbsup:

Edited by Monah

Hi All

Life has been busy, so I havent had time to post sorry

Not got many pictures of Tori as her puppy fluff has been stripped and she doesnt have the super cute appeal anymore LOL... She is still cute in my eyes

There was a nice entry of 8? lakelands at the royal with my Tori's breeders breeding taking Dog CC/BOB / Runner Up Best in Group. also Bitch CC/Runner Up Best of Breed and res bitch cc. There were also 8 Kerry Blues which was nice, there is usually only 1-4 being shown.

There is only one adult Irish being shown at the moment, but there are some babies out and about so should be some more soon.

Christine X was that you on the corner taking photos of the lakies... I was the lady in the blue skirt holding onto one of the red lakies :)

ETA- Monah, your boy looks gorgeous and like he was loved very much

Edited by RoxyNHemi