For The Ladies...if You Own A Big Dog...

WillowGirl

I am single also and live on my own and it's funny how many people say to me gee your lucky to have two big dogs for security.PPfft they're greyhounds they would happily jump in the getaway car along with the tv and whatever else they managed to rob before getting licked to death. :laugh:

I have experienced the opposite with a big guy, beard, tatoos, shorts, singlet, work boots with a flouro vest I often see walking a Toy Poodle thinking it must be his wife/GF's dog as he was a Rotty or Mastiff looking guy?. I met him once on the footpath and mentioned was the dog his wife's dog, and he said "oh no, his wife had a GSD the Poodle was his dog and he'd had Poodle's since childhood" It looked kind of cute, a big tough looking guy with this little white curly Poodle trotting along :laugh:

I have experienced the opposite with a big guy, beard, tatoos, shorts, singlet, work boots with a flouro vest I often see walking a Toy Poodle thinking it must be his wife/GF's dog as he was a Rotty or Mastiff looking guy?. I met him once on the footpath and mentioned was the dog his wife's dog, and he said "oh no, his wife had a GSD the Poodle was his dog and he'd had Poodle's since childhood" It looked kind of cute, a big tough looking guy with this little white curly Poodle trotting along :laugh:

Sounds kinda like my boyfriend (minus the work boots), walking my little poodle. He's swayed all his friends to the virtues of the might toy poodle now :laugh:

I've had all sorts of assumptions around this my whole life, mainly from the music I started listening to as a teen. Everyone assumed my boyfriend or mysterious, non-existent older brother, got me into it. Not so!

I find people are usually surprised when I tell them I have a toy poodle, since it doesn't seem to fit with.. the rest of me.. :laugh:

lol, funny thread. i own a male rottie he's only 7 months and you can just tell he'll be a big boy but i'm so freaking tiny so i'll get the odd look or two but everyone knows he's mine cause he's only ever with me and i haven't had any doubtful remarks just yet but we'll see! i adore big dogs (especially rotties, of course!) i could never own a small dog.

I've never had that problem since I always walk Tyson and I get the boyfriend to walk Pixie. :p Plus apparently the collars I put on Tyson look "girly" (they aren't pink or anything but have a lot of bling) so apparently it's easy to see a female owns him. :laugh:

I have had the odd "who's walking who" comment though.

I've never had that problem since I always walk Tyson and I get the boyfriend to walk Pixie. :p Plus apparently the collars I put on Tyson look "girly" (they aren't pink or anything but have a lot of bling) so apparently it's easy to see a female owns him. :laugh:

I have had the odd "who's walking who" comment though.

I own dobies and people can see that their my dogs, my hubby tries to tell them to do something and they look at him like he just spoke in chinese :rofl: But this comment is said to me a lot, usually with their fluffy pull and tugging on their lead.

I havn't had a big dog of my own yet but grew up with a 45kg bull arab type girl. We got her when I was 7 as the family dog (my mum, brother, sister and I) but she was always just Mum's dog. She lived to 13 and still often got comments on being mums partners dog... mum was single so that was a hell of an assumption.

I have my eyes on a Bullmastiff as one of my "one day" breeds, I'm 5"5 and not a big girl so will look forward to the comments.

Edited by B-Q