Price Range

wantsapuppy

OK so just out of curiosity for thse that have labs if you dont mind me asking what is the price range for them. or does that just depend on the breeder?

There is someone here wh breeds them and they are around the 1500 mark does that sound right.?

Sorry just trying to get figures etc

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK so just out of curiosity for thse that have labs if you dont mind me asking what is the price range for them. or does that just depend on the breeder?

There is someone here wh breeds them and they are around the 1500 mark does that sound right.?

It is up to the breeder but that sounds about right. I would contact the Lab Club in your State. They should be able to give you an indication

It is up to the breeder but that sounds about right. I would contact the Lab Club in your State. They should be able to give you an indication

Thanks

When we looked for labs this year (June/July) the average price was $1400. I saw some cheaper around $1200 and some dearer at $1500. We paid $1400. $1500 is not outside what we found when looking. As showdog says, the main thing i was worried about was hip/Elbow scores and EIC & PRA and then additionally a good open relationship with the breeder.

Yes that is right. I paid within this range for our beautiful boys.

From my experience breeders who a) breed for quality and b) only have 1 or 2 litters a year (hand raised with love) tend to ask top of this range for a pet (to cover their expenses).

And even then I believe they only break even.

You get what you pay for and as a previous poster said, worth every cent :)

$1500 for a Labrador, wow :eek:

$1500 for a Labrador, wow :eek:

confused.gif

replies like these confuse me, I dont know if you both think it's too much or too little or if you just dont think the OP should've asked in the first place. :shrug:

Ivy obviously thinks it's too much for a Lab.

Ruby is confused at that reply - as in why would you think that.

the first reply could be taken as derogatory towards labs.

replies like these confuse me, I dont know if you both think it's too much or too little or if you just dont think the OP should've asked in the first place. :shrug:

My reply was in relation to english.ivy's dismay at $1500 for a Labrador. Nothing to do with the OP. wantsapuppy, it was not a stupid question :)

Edited by RubyStar

Sorry if I sounded like a dumbass asking

nah...you didn't.

the reason we didn't go with the $1500 breeder was not because of the quality of the dogs. They had great pedigree & health scores which was equal to Wilbur's pedigree & health scores. The deciding factor was speaking to each breeder and Wilbur's breeder had far better communication and people skills which was important to me as i think it's in the puppy's best interest if both breeder and forever family can communicate well.

I would have happily paid $1500 for the right pup that came from the (entirely subjective) right breeder for me.