Is It Sad

wantsapuppy

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. I'm hopefuly getting another puppy to show next year. Don't know when. Don't know where from. Don't know what colour. I do know the breed though.

And already we are trying out names, making lists, crossing off ones we thought we liked but now don't, suggesting names to each other in the middle of conversations etc.

Not sad at all. In fact I'd think it was just good planning.

that i have names for dogs we dont even have but will be getting. HMMMM :rofl:

I've been getting a GR for years...she was going to be called Clover...then when I was in a position to buy I found my pup, and forgot all about Clover and decided on the name Koda.....but I kept looking at her photo, and Koda didn't fit, so Lexi she became :)

Had a registered name & call name for a bitch picked out when her mum was only about 10 weeks old :laugh:

Her grandkids were born 2 weeks ago, had 2 call names waiting for the dogs in the litter that was going to be just lovely. Surprisingly the bitch did have 3 dogs and 2 of them are looking very nice at this age. Normally this would be a curse and I'd get bitches only....

I had a name chosen for my girl for ages, I was going to call her Ebony, then at the 6 weeks old I changed her name to Trixie because it tied in with her registered name, which I also chose. Trixie suits her so well though, much more than Ebony would've.

Kyzer was going to be Kyzer from before he was born, had I known 'Kaiser' (pronounced the same) was such a popular name, particularly with large breeds of German origin, I probably would've called him something else :laugh: Some people say "that's a big name for a little dog" :rofl:

I know people who have names picked out for their future dogs already, which are some years away. I don't even know what breed I'm getting next let alone names :laugh: and I'm quite indecisive

Ruby was always going to be Bella. For years I dreamt of a yellow female Lab called Bella. Time came to go on the hunt for a puppy, circumstances in the family meant I couldn't use the name anymore, so my mum suggested Ruby. I instantly knew that was it!

Millie was never picked out. Came about because her name by her previous owners was Lily but I found that too much of a tongueful to use!

I have my next dog's name picked out, call name and registered name if my breeder gives me the choice :) He will probably be 2 years away :D

amypie, you mentioned the name Ebony - if I ever got a black Lab girl her name will probably be Ebony or Lucy. Lucy was reserved for my future Beagle, but I don't think I will ever get a Beagle now. And if I ever get my Aussie, her call name is already picked out, too :)

Ruby was always going to be Bella. For years I dreamt of a yellow female Lab called Bella. Time came to go on the hunt for a puppy, circumstances in the family meant I couldn't use the name anymore, so my mum suggested Ruby. I instantly knew that was it!

Millie was never picked out. Came about because her name by her previous owners was Lily but I found that too much of a tongueful to use!

I have my next dog's name picked out, call name and registered name if my breeder gives me the choice :) He will probably be 2 years away :D

amypie, you mentioned the name Ebony - if I ever got a black Lab girl her name will probably be Ebony or Lucy. Lucy was reserved for my future Beagle, but I don't think I will ever get a Beagle now. And if I ever get my Aussie, her call name is already picked out, too :)

I wanted to call Lulu Lucy but OH didn't like it as much as me, but we agreed on Lulu and it suits her to a T.