Savlon

terrace

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But then, I work in finance at a school, perhaps I could count the granules for you instead? :rofl:

Didn't you just say you were a nurse :confused:

No?

I'm too squeemish. I think you're getting me mixed up with Donatella :) She's a nurse.

Oh my apologies. Your posting style is similar :)

But then, I work in finance at a school, perhaps I could count the granules for you instead? :rofl:

Didn't you just say you were a nurse :confused:

No?

I'm too squeemish. I think you're getting me mixed up with Donatella :) She's a nurse.

Oh my apologies. Your posting style is similar :)

I'd say everyones is.. It's all text ;) unless there is something else?

I'd say everyones is.. It's all text ;) unless there is something else?

Not sure what you mean. Are you saying that you and donatella are the same person? Why the wink? Please excuse my ignorance here :confused:

I'm just saying, everyones posts look similar in here to me.. everyone is just text really! Wink meaning, I'm not being serious?

Sorry to confuse you with said winking smiley :)

Nope not same person, last I knew anyhow!

I have been using "normal" saline as a wound flusher/wash, eye wash etc for years on my animals and myself with no ill effects and a lot of positive ones, but I do stick to the approximately the 0.9% concentration when I mix it myself which is about 1 level teaspoon to a litre of water. Seawater has a salt content of about 3.5% (google is a wonderful thing) which is a lot less than a tablespoon to a cup of water.

Edited by Janba

Guest donatella

Good to know. Apologies for my 'guesstimate', I've only ever used saline pre-prepared and directly out the bottle :)

Maybe next time then leave the advice to people who have a better idea of what they are talking about ;)

I admit I know humans, but not animal wound care

apologies if i offended folks, i'll stick to humans ;)

i'm just glad noone lost a life (i'm still struggling to find any information that states too much salt is bad for a cut) ;)

Edited by donatella

Good to know. Apologies for my 'guesstimate', I've only ever used saline pre-prepared and directly out the bottle :)

Maybe next time then leave the advice to people who have a better idea of what they are talking about ;)

i'm just glad noone lost a life (i'm still struggling to find any information that states too much salt is bad for a cut) ;)

Well, this wen`t a bit sour. I like Minimiss mention of "Dad Vodka on dog", i think maybe drink it. After all though the whole post ended up in confusion so leave it there. :confused: I`ll seek advice from an expert.

post-39771-0-45218400-1321218185_thumb.gif

Guest donatella

Well, this wen`t a bit sour. I like Minimiss mention of "Dad Vodka on dog", i think maybe drink it. After all though the whole post ended up in confusion so leave it there. :confused: I`ll seek advice from an expert.

I agree. Have PM'd you ;)

Have to say this thread just turned into a slinging match. :eek:

I get some chlorohexidine from the vet and use that on hotspots and sores :)

Guest donatella

Terrible i know, sorry how that ended terrace! anyhow I have PM'd the author, probably should have done that from the start ;)

well I certainly hope it wasn't about how to treat a dog's wound cause it's been shown you have no idea.

only because someone who has since admitted they have no idea was posting advice on how to treat dogs. Ask a vet or vet nurse what bathing a dogs eyes in salty water can do to the dog's sight if they get it wrong.

Guest donatella

well I certainly hope it wasn't about how to treat a dog's wound cause it's been shown you have no idea.

I have reported this post as an unprovoked attack Rebanne, how about you just put me on ignore and stop replying or stay out of my way please, that was uncalled for.

they you shouldn't be offering advice on matters that you know very little about then should you?