Help Me Name My Grooming Salon

shantiah

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Vanity Fur. Shampooch has been a fave of mine for years. There are loads of them around though so chances are there is already one registered in your state.

When I was trying to come up with a name for mine I had the girls over and a few wines and we came up with Shampooch thinking we were being very clever and original. I learned otherwise when I went to register it.:laugh:

Princess Pooch Pampering

The Cutty Bark (not cutty sark)

clipped canines

Fur Whisperer

Afghan to Yorkshire

Appalling to Appealing

Cujo to Cute

Dreadlocks to Dreamlocks

Awful to Awesome

Names prone to being misheard / mis spoken

Fuzzy Dog (Fuzzy Duck)

Barking Beautiful

Edited by Mrs Rusty Bucket

I was writing out a sign for my new shop relating to services for neglected/matted dogs. I entitled it Miracles & Magic. It dawned on me that would be a good name for a salon, seeing as how thats so often what we get asked to perform!

I was writing out a sign for my new shop relating to services for neglected/matted dogs. I entitled it Miracles & Magic. It dawned on me that would be a good name for a salon, seeing as how thats so often what we get asked to perform!

I LOVE "Miracles & Magic"

You could try googling the names. There is already Shampooch and Vanity Fur in multiple states of Australia and and the website names are taken. Same with Hair of the Dog.

DeFuzz DeDog and variations seem to be ok. Google a few of your other favs and see how it goes.

Dog fight with lawnmower seems a bit long.

Hairdressers have been blessed with a profession rife with pun-worthy words, all equally irritating and unclever.

The word "hair", with so many close relatives and homophones, has spawned gems like: Hair Apparent; Hair today, gone tomorrow; Hair After; Hair Con; Hair Dinkum Cuts; Hair Dye Versity; Hair Fidelity; Hair for the hills; Hair Horizons; Hair I Am; Hair Loom; Hair of Elegance; Hair to Chat; Hair Tiz; Hair Trade; Hair We Come; Hair's Looking At You; and my personal favourite: Hairway to Heaven.

Advertisement: Story continues below Other examples guaranteed to get you groaning include: Combing Attractions, Great Clips, It's a Curl Thing, Peroximity, and The Last Tangle

http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/contributors/hey-hairdressers-enough-with-the-puns-already-20091215-kts8.html#ixzz1eJP8HgBT

So dog puns - fur-for

hair - here; hear; air ; and if you get the wrong actor in your ad like Subway "where's the ham?" - sounds like "where's the hair?".

Hair, Fur, Now!

Now and Fur Hair (ver)