Jack The Boofhead

3shepherds

Jack, Mr Jackson, Jacko - our special boofhead

I can't believe it - you only turned 6 on Wednesday and we planned a party for tomorrow. No party now.

So sudden, so soon.

We came back from the shops to find you unwell. You didn't want your dinner. Later in the afternoon you came to us: to sit with us because I think you knew. An hour later you were gone. I still can't believe it.

You were our special boy; the joker in the pack. We will miss you so much but Stryker will look after you.

Sleep well sweetheart - we love you. Gracie send a kiss.

post-12215-0-43482800-1321700143_thumb.jpg

Jack, Mr Jackson, Jacko - our special boofhead

I can't believe it - you only turned 6 on Wednesday and we planned a party for tomorrow. No party now.

So sudden, so soon.

We came back from the shops to find you unwell. You didn't want your dinner. Later in the afternoon you came to us: to sit with us because I think you knew. An hour later you were gone. I still can't believe it.

You were our special boy; the joker in the pack. We will miss you so much but Stryker will look after you.

Sleep well sweetheart - we love you. Gracie send a kiss.

Oh Aine

How truly dreadful.

love

tess

Thank you for your thoughts.

The vet called earlier today and the autopsy showed he had tumours on the liver and spleen. His death was because the spleen ruptured (because of the tumours) and caused massive internal bleeding. The one consolation is that the time of the rupture to his death would only have been about a minute or two and the vet said he probably would have fainted before he died so would have been out to any pain. He did collapse, and by the time I got to him (only about a minute) and held his head he was gone.

The house is so very quiet without him. He certainly lived life full-on and it's hard to believe he won't come careering around the corner knocking over everything in his path and leaving a minor earthquake behind him, or taking a flying leap from the door onto the bed.

He was very special and we will miss him.

I am so, so sorry. He was such a handsome fellow.

I can understand your shock & disbelief. A remarkably similar thing happened with one of our dogs.

I'm relieved you were able to discover that he would not have suffered pain. And that you were able to hold his precious 'boof' head in your hands, at the last.

I dont come in here much anymore and was so sad to read this :( RIP Jack

I dont come here much either anymore. This is so sad to read,he was much to young. I hope all our Sheps in heaven are looking after you Jack