Breed Calendars

SkySoaringMagpie

Went looking for breed calendars online tonight. OH and I don't buy local breed club ones, I know some people will think it's rude, but we think there's bugger all point looking at your competition every day. Would rather just donate to the club. So, with that out the way....

We've found a nice Saluki calendar: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SALUKI-Gazelle-Hound-Club-Calendar-2012-Colour-/190593346089?pt=UK_Collectables_Paper_RL&hash=item2c603faa29#ht_1974wt_884

Struggling to find a nice Afghan one, we'd buy the US rescue one if it had paypal but they don't.

Need suggestions for a good IW calendar!

What calendar would you recommend for your breed? We find the Brown Trout ones often just don't have nice examples of the breed.

Edited for spelling fail.

Edited by SkySoaringMagpie

Went looking for breed calendars online tonight.

We've found a nice Saluki calendar: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SALUKI-Gazelle-Hound-Club-Calendar-2012-Colour-/190593346089?pt=UK_Collectables_Paper_RL&hash=item2c603faa29#ht_1974wt_884

What calendar would you recommend for your breed? We find the Brown Trout ones often just don't have nice examples of the breed.

Hi SkySoaringMagpie. :)

My 2012 Maremma Calender should arrive soon.

In fact, it may be the article that is awaiting collection at the P.O.

People can find the calender by going here. Maremma Articles

Px

post-3970-0-21875400-1324972860_thumb.jpg

I buy the Australian Shepherd Club of Victoria annual calendar, this year it features Dusty as Miss September and Ripley as Mr January (along with two other blue merle Aussies). It has mostly pet dogs, not in show poses and the calendar is wonderful. The pics are submitted by members and the standard is getting higher each year.

I got an Aussie Shepherd one from the local newsagents, for my wall at work, and was disappointed to find that at least half the photos are boring show stacks. I hate pics of show stacked dogs and I have no idea why they'd end up in an expensive calendar.

I'd never thought of getting a breed calendar! The last couple of years we've just bought the calender put out by the shelter Fox came from.

But I had a look and found this one - link - which might be too cute to resist next year :D

(edit: it is brown trout, but the dogs looked good to me :shrug:)

Edited by Weasels

I buy the Australian Shepherd Club of Victoria annual calendar, this year it features Dusty as Miss September and Ripley as Mr January (along with two other blue merle Aussies). It has mostly pet dogs, not in show poses and the calendar is wonderful. The pics are submitted by members and the standard is getting higher each year.

I got an Aussie Shepherd one from the local newsagents, for my wall at work, and was disappointed to find that at least half the photos are boring show stacks. I hate pics of show stacked dogs and I have no idea why they'd end up in an expensive calendar.

Congratulations Gayle

I was given a generic ACD calender from the Hire firm. ;)

I agree that pet poses totally outclass show stacks.

Px

I agree about 'Brown Trout" , i got one this year and its the worst collection of BT's i have seen.

Luckily my mum sent me a UK one for xmas which has gorgoues looking BT's in :) ( avonside calender)

Yea, I just had a look at the Brown Trout Akita calendar and the dogs used look pretty awful.

My friend in the USA sends me a calendar every year from Keynote Specialties. Put out by the Mid Florida Shetland Sheepdog Club - It is a monthly calendar which has a beautiful photo of a sheltie for each month. It also shows on each day below each date, the whelping date that your pups would be due ie on the 1st January underneath it shows Mar 4 which would be pups due date. It also contains a growth chart at the back of the calendar. I love it - have kept each calendar for the last 12 years or so.

For Border Collies and JRT, i think i will stick to making my own ;). The JRT one especially has some pretty poor breed examples usually.

I don't buy them,whilst i don't want show dogs i can't stand those where the dogs aren't groomed & quiet frankly not even cute for the breed .

I have never done it but it would easier to simply do your own either through kmart or Vista print,take your own photo's or swap between friends & you havea great calendar for the year cheap as

I have never done it but it would easier to simply do your own either through kmart or Vista print,take your own photo's or swap between friends & you havea great calendar for the year cheap as

good idea

thanks showdog

I'll keep that in mind for next years office SS.

Px

Edited by Tralee

I'd never thought of getting a breed calendar! The last couple of years we've just bought the calender put out by the shelter Fox came from.

But I had a look and found this one - link - which might be too cute to resist next year :D

(edit: it is brown trout, but the dogs looked good to me :shrug:)

I didn't get the brown trout kelpie one last year- the pictures just were not that amazing, and I don't think all the kelpies were.... kelpies lol.

I am hoping that I can stop being lazy and do my own calendar this year!!