52 Week Photo Challenge 2012

~*Shell*~

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The light in your selfie is absolutely gorgeous gapvic. I agree with what huga said about exposing for the subject although I wonder if it would work if you increased the exposure in Lightroom so that it was correct for your face and then put a graduated filter over it to reduce the exposure of the sky to stop it from blowing out?

That's what is so great about this thread - not only are we improving our photography skills, we are improving our editing :thumbsup: . Snook, I had no idea what you were talking about when you said to use a graduated filter but I've had a crack. Do you reckon this is any better?

6715977033_f4065666c5_z.jpg

Wow. There are so many amazing photos in this thread! I'm mentally filing notes - so don't be surprised if I replicate some of these awesome photos throughout the year. :laugh: Very clever bunch!

Thanks for the nice comments on my photos :)

Hello Snappers,

Thanks for all the encouragement it's a lot of fun forcing myself to complete the shot each week.

I really enjoy seeing the results of everyone's efforts, keep up the great shooting.

This week I've been playing around with lighting.

3/52

3-52p.jpg

Last night I tried to take a photo of my 18mth old filly and I - it proved to be far more challenging than I had anticipated. Getting the zoom and the focus right, when there was nothing to see in the frame, was very hard. This is the best of a bad lot, and as you can see, I've cut off her ears :o . Just another thing for me to work on :laugh:

6726995293_0b3d1d927b_z.jpg

Fabulous piccies again this week everyone.

KumAkita - great abstract, like it

Misteri - very pretty, wish they looked that good in my garden!

LMS - very glamorous indeed!

Dwynwen - love the contrasty sharpness in your flower shot

MnDM - Czar's beautiful. Particularly like the lighting in the yawn shot

Gapvic - stunning use of the light in Week 2, I'd never be able to figure it out without having a subject in the frame. And then you went and made it even better!

anniek - go the surfing grey!!

Butternut - fascinating cemetery, don't think I've seen another cemetery where all the gravestones are so uniform. Where is it?

Getting away from the bubble/bauble/selfie-reflection thing this week -

6734373917_7abb9d2a82_z.jpg

3/52 by Bookend Wrangler, on Flickr

Ahh forgot about this too! Mine is also a last minute shot :o

Week 3 - 'Purple'

purpledragon.jpg

I have time to comment this week! :)

Gapvic: They are both gorgeous! I keep going back to the first one, though :) (Week 2) and for week 3 I love that pic! Love the lighting too!

Kym and Adrian: I like the B&W version better :) Great pics!

Flaves: Lovely photos! Love the derpy Rottweiler :laugh:

MTD: Gorgeous photos! :thumbsup:

Huga: :love: those pics! You are an amazing self-photographer!

Dwynwen: Awesome closeup! And love the flower!

CC: Louis is lookin' good! :D Great photo!

Redangel: Gorgeous Selfie! Lovin' the purple hair ;)

MrRedDog: Love your selfie!

Annie: :love: What gorgeous Greyhounds!

TangerineDream: AWESOME photo! :)

Jessca: Love the sunrise!

Butternut: Love the mushroom :D Great pic!

Snook: I absolutely love that selfie :) You look like 2 completely different people in your first two!

Pixie meg: Gorgeous photos! At first I thought the 2nd one, but I keep going back to the first one :) And gorgeous chick!

KumaAkita: Love the refection and candle! Great pics :)

Gila: OMG me too! :laugh: Awesome pic!

Fattima: Awesome bubbles :D

Misteri: Lovely dandelion :)

LMSW: You are gorgeous :D Lovely pic!

Redangel: 'Baby' is very cute!

Monet n Diva's Mum: :love: that collage!

PHEW! DONE! XD

Yep, my last pic was a water lily - A pink "hardy", probably "Rosennymphe". It was my 'backup' picture as the more adventurous pics of a moving critter didn't meet my expectations/hopes. Things that stay still are so much easier :-)

(some quick comments on the posts since my last one)

MTD - Lovely shot, reminds me of growing up on the farm.

MnDM - what a yawn! Great set of pics.

pixie_meg - sweet picture, real impression of fragility and tenderness

gapvic - Really pretty portrait - I saw the earlier version and liked it too as it had a dark feel to it ... although that may not have been what you were after. (I'm just a goth at heart) The pic this week of your filly and you is beautiful, even without ears :-)

Jessca - too funny, amazing how all the noise and teeth can just be in fun.

huga - great mood, I can almost feel how 'her' head must!

anniek - I had to really look at the second pic to find Ben, and now I look again and there's TWO greys in the shot! Love how Cody looks peaceful yet alert in the first one.

MrRedDog - Pretty shot, are you using anything special for the lighting?

Butternut - I'm a sucker for a cemetery shot .. where was it taken? Are they soldiers graves? Unusual to see so many matching headstones, although I saw lots in europe last year in war cemeteries.

Fattima - Great angle on the wall shot .. it looks really imposing.

gila - Lovely portrait - you'll have some lovely memories from this project.

Misteri - Cute nose! There's something endlessly fascinating about dog noses.

dogfan - I see clowns ... I think.... dragon? really? I had a purple photo this week but it didn't make the cut ... it's getting harder to not be derivative .. and it's only week 3 !

KumaAkita - oh oh... they're going to jump out and take over that pretty lawn any minute...

3/52

After being told by several people that it's only fair if I also wear the silly costumes I put Justice in I decided to do my self portrait this week in the same glasses. They were all shockingly bad so in the end I decided to go with this one as at least Justice photo bombing the picture is pretty funny.

6740169705_3c1b7eae66.jpg

Ah haha - snap! My selfie this week includes one of my dogs too! Is it cheating to include a husband as well?

Week four - two of my loves

6740340835_d1ee53869c_z.jpg

I love the one above as Oscar is giving Nick a kiss on the nose, but the second one is probably better as you can see more of Nick's face.

6740339967_012db2b3b0_z.jpg

Oh my gosh, tell me about it! I knew it would be hard but I seriously must have taken 100 photos of myself yesterday and they were all completely rubbish. I tried serious faces, silly faces, thoughtful faces and I can now safely say I look nothing like I think I do when I pull a face and am most definitely not destined for acting!! :laugh:

It can get a bit frustrating at times, can't it? I seem to take hundreds too to just get one I think is ok.

Snook, I forgot to say I loved your week 3 - it made me laugh :laugh: