52 Week Photo Challenge 2012

~*Shell*~

Another great bunch of photos this week everyone :thumbsup:

CC - that is one of our dogs in the bauble shot, but I'm embarrassed to say I can't tell whether it's Roky or Kiki

Pixie-Meg - the second shot in your week 2 post is my favourite, looks like they're cooking up some mischief together

Snook - I'm definitely not brave enough to join in on the "selfies" action. Might try to work up to at least one proper one during the year though. Your 2/52 shot made me want to give you a hug, hope things stay on the up and up for you.

MnDM - love the way you captured the reflection of the cage in the snow leopard's eye.

Redangel - another lovely shot, beautiful colours too

MrRedDog - yay for obscure self portraits!

Week 2 for me - not a selfie but if you look really hard you'll see my reflection in one of the bubbles.

6693927095_a7e17cf1d3_z.jpg

2/52 by Bookend Wrangler, on Flickr

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Too funny! My 'around the house piccy" was going to be a shot of dandelion....I see Misteri had the same idea! So guess Ill go with a second pic... quickie shot I took this morning of my breakfast companion, Baby. He has been joining me as I sit at my breakfast table for weeks now. Excuse the noseprint windows.

p_baby75of1.jpg

Jessica- Love the light rising through the trees at sunrise.

Snook- The passion in your selfie is so striking. Brilliant.

Butternut- Love the tonings in your mushie shot

RedDog- Nice!

Pixi-meg- Both shots are lovely but my fav is the first shot. Very sweet.

KumaAkita- Welcome! Love the reflection shot

Gilla- How awesome is your vege garden. Lovely!

Fattima- Great use of DOF. Sweet.

Misteri- We thought alike! Actually I have way too many dandelions around home atm. Cool shot.

LMS- Glam shot. WOW.

Pixie Meg I love the second photo. I think I might need to get a better lens and try to get some of the beautiful up close photos like people are posting. Love the mushroom too.

I don't think I will do a selfie either just not really game enough.

Anyway here is week 3 this is Lava our Koolie.

week3.jpg

Crazy Cresties - Great pic of Louis! Amazing how black and while can convey the beach feeling just as well as colour.

redangel - Love the portrait and the quote .. no need to hide behind the camera at all!

Monet n Diva's Mum - The close up of the Snow Leopard's eye with the reflection is awesome.

MrRedDog - Lovely tree shot - reminds me of a Namatjira painting. Your second may inspire me to the self portrait theme too..

anniek - Great energy.

TangerineDream - Magpies are such cool birds, that's a beaut picture

Jessca - Really nice early morning picture - really captures the light nicely.

Butternut - I like the way your shot is really symmetrical and a bit one dimensional (try squinting:-), yet just so slightly .. not... I love fungi pics.

Snook - very powerful self portrait

pixie_meg - They're both lovely - but I think the chicken has the edge.

KumaAkita - The metal thing looks like it's floating ...I like it.

Gila - Wow that's some serious produce! Another great self portrait.

Fattima - Pretty shot! Do we see a bubbles theme developing?

Misteri - lovely mix of soft and spiky!

lovemesideways - Quite the glamourpuss! well done.

Kym and Adrian - whoa! totally hypnotic!

misteri - very nice. You've captured the softness of the dandelion perfectly

lms - gorgeous!

redangel - what a cute little fella. I like the head tilt

Kym and Adrian - nice dog. I've never seen a Koolie that colour before. If I'd seen him at the park I would've thought he was a kelpie

dwynwen - very pretty flower. Do you know what kind it is? I like the tentacle-y things in the middle

MTD - nice landscape! I like that you have the interest in the foreground with the fence and shed as well as the nice background

MnDM - what a beautiful cat! The yawning pic is my fave

Hi everyone, heres mine for the week. we had our first ever chicks hatch this week, they are adorable.

6700013731_7bbe97ef17_z.jpg

Beautiful Country scene, MTD. I do like Kenilworth.

MnDM, love the yawning pic especially the whiskers are crisp.

Jen, well done on the glamour shot. My mum works as a telemarketer for a glamour studio. usually so tacky but i like yours.

K and A, beautiful dog. I'm curious about your dogs eyes. was the flash on.

dwynwen, lovely close up on the flower.

redangel, love the pie. Great tone. you can tell its a baby.

Gila, really loving your portraits.

KumaAkita, wonderful closeups. I really like them, especially the second one.

Gila yes we get the whole geez you have a nice kelpie all of the time but she is a koolie just a lot of people don't like the solid ones but we think she is just stunning and a real rat bag to boot she gets into everything.

Pixie meg yes the flash was on. She does have weird eye colour with the green in the middle and yellow on the outside and an intense stare like she is going to burn a hole in your head. Your chick is very cute and a beautiful photo too.

Pixie Meg - how cute is that chicken??

Here is my week three. Not particularly happy with it but I was lacking inspiration this week... I'd come up with what I thought was a good idea but when I took the pics, they were terrible :o . I was feeling frustrated and down about it then I looked out the window last night, noticed the beautiful light, and thought I'd get out into it.

6709745691_9ea74a08f0_z.jpg

Loving everyone's photos!!

Sorry for the non personals I have the worst memory (I'll blame it on the baby brain!)

Here is week 3 for me - Got a new lens (17-70mm and was just having a quick play with the dogs, really bad lighting and an all round crappy photo but it makes me laugh)

6711630495_736611aba7_m.jpg

IMG_7945 by kalexte, on Flickr

6713744109_8b89e86310_z.jpg

Three

'I said 'This won't mean a thing come tomorrow',

And that's exactly how I'll make it seem,

Coz I'm still not sleeping,

Thinking I've crawled home from worse that this...'

- Taking Back Sunday

Edited by huga