52 Weeks For Dogs 2012

~*Shell*~

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Monet n Diva's Mum - Monet looks like the reserved one of your bunch of high flyers. Juddy has grown so fast, just love all the pics fo them enjoying the beach.

tlc - Love the warmth you have captured in the first photo, and I'm not sure if I have posted in any other topics but I have looked at a lots of different sections I suppose I'm not a big poster.

helen - Love the shot of Tilly such a beautiful backdrop and angle.

Snook - Still a good pic of Justice even though he isn't looking at the camera, lovely setting.

I had trouble getting a good photo this week too so I have just settled on this one.

Week 18

7161986566_0587595cc0.jpg

week 18 of 52 by lorraineb1957, on Flickr

I feel like I'm so far behind! Love everyone's shots though...

Monet&Divasmum: Love all the action shots at the beach! Your guys look like they have a blast out there!

Snook: Cute shots of Justice as always, I really like the shot of him and his soft toy- such sad eyes! Oh and I LOVE the photo of him flying through the autumn leaves...

TLC: cute shots of Lacy in her winter woolies :)

AnnieK: love the shot of Phoebe 'just chillin'

Shell: Veiko is too cute...so fluffy! :)

Helen: Gorgeous shots as always- love the colour in your wk 18 one...

KumaAkita: I really like your week 17 shot - looks great in black and white.

Jack&Dash's Mum: cute shots of your two! :)

Now- playing catch-up for me and Paddy....

Week 17: Paddy "helping" me study!

6997821110_d4b160ecb1_z.jpg

17/52

and week 18 - just a quick shot I took while we were out walking :)

7167679224_dbd7cd1779_z.jpg

18/52

Edited by ktig

Ok so gonna have to cheat this week :eek:

We thought we were going to lose old Cowboy last week so I didn't come close to picking up the camera. He is slowly getting better which is great!

So here is week 18 of Phoebe - taken this afternoon.

wil take anther one of her this week to catch up,

week18sm-1.jpg

Oh no annie. What happened to Cowboy?

Tuesday night last week, he went outside for his nightly pee and treat, laid on the outside dog bed for 5 minutes, then when I called him in he couldn't get up - was paralysed in his right back leg. Couldn't walk on it just dragging and knuckling. Hubby carried him in and laid him on his bed. Apart from his leg he wasn't distressed so decided to keep an eye on him overnight. Emergency vet whilst competent, tends to "take them out the back" for examination, then come back with long words that confuse me and I would have most likely opted for pts. Took him up to Sandown greyhound vet next morning - examination of spine then leg which showed normal mobility. Lots of options including staying at vets for the day - invasive xrays, spinal tap etc to see if emboli blah blah. As his temp was slightly elevated and vet could feel a little bit of innflamation it was possible that it could be caused by an infection. So we opted for a shot of antibiotics and to bring him home with more anti's and tramal for pain. Vet wasn't too hopeful but did say that yes infection could hit that quick, and he could show some improvement in around 48 hours with the meds if that's what it was - otherwise ............ Anyway, he can now hobble on his leg, get up and down on his own, slightly raise a leg to pee, and squat to poop (you probably didn't want to know that, but the pooping caused mass celebrastions last week).

He is eating well, taking treats, and keen to get to the door when the lead jangles. So we have been taking it day by day. Finally he seems to have gotten his head around it all - I think he was really scared at what was going on. He is getting a daily outing, only about 50 metres, but he is sniffing and showing interest in everything - almost back to his normal self, except for his gammy back leg, which may or may not improve further. :)

Oh my gosh, you must have been beside yourself. I'm so glad to hear he's improving and it sounds like it may have been some kind of freak infection. Please keep us updated with how he's going the poor sausage.

thanks Snook - yes it has been an emotional rollercoater for sure. He's heading towards 12, so I guess something will get him sooner than later, but for now he is doing well

thank you so much for the good wishes for Cowboy - he continues to do quite well!

Week 19 of Phoebe - catching some rays this morning before it "changed"

week19s.jpg

all caught up now, so will try for something a little more spectaular next week :laugh:

Snook, Gorgeous photo, there was another one from here I saw on FB that I really loved, you should add it on here, it is great :)

Jack and Dash's Mum, cute photo, they don't mind cuddling up close

Ktig, Paddy looks cute as ever, love the one on your walk

Anniek hope Cowboy is improving

TLC, that is fantastic, love the ears flying in the wind

This is my photo for week 19, Tilly got a hair cut again yesterday by her breeder and I took this one when she was finished

7184978314_a242c30df1.jpg

Geesh, I'm so far behind with actually uploading photos! So here goes

Week 18

18/52 - Juddy all snug in his new foldout bed

7186824256_4dda177fb5_z.jpg

18/52 - Monet trying to keep warm

7186841626_8b7b7a5436_z.jpg

18/52 - Diva showing new racers how it's done

7186828732_214e589a1d_z.jpg

18/52 - Benson (experimenting in PS for a new watermark! Thoughts?)

7186863262_9f99a31401_z.jpg

Any c&c welcome! I'm still getting my head around Lightroom!

MnDM

Week 19

19/52 - Juddy ... Not the best shot but he had crazy ears

7186827918_6fe5dce509_z.jpg

19/52 - Monet (in blue) wins her race!

7186838584_2373db488a_z.jpg

19/52 - Diva gets friendly with the lure

7186836182_c30bc05762_z.jpg

19/52 - Benson catches some Zzzz's

7186860222_1e00e91d23_z.jpg

C&C welcome and appreciated.... Composition and also my editing... As am a Lightroom newb! I used to use my iPad for all my editing and it is taking some getting used to.

MnDM

P.s is this week, week 20? Have I caught up yet?

Week 19 already?and I think I'm a little late again :)

AnnieK: nice shot of phoebe, sorry to hear about Cowboy - glad he's on the improve!

TLC: Love the windswept look! ;)

Helen: Cute photo- Tilly looks pretty pleased with her new "do"

Snook: gorgeous face! Justice looks pretty comfy in his hoodie

Monet&Diva'sMum: love all the photos, especially the one of benson catching some zzz's

Week 19 for us- Chilling in his bed :)

7192723938_62c63f2b52_z.jpg

19/52

Im loving all the sleepy bed cuddly shots! Paddy looks so cosy!

M&Dm, Love all your shots, It will take a while to get used to LR but once you master it, you will love it!

Not sure about the watermark with the box, I think it takes too much away from the photo as your eye goes right to it.

Hi All :wave: I'm a bit behind, but I'm not giving up!! I've managed to miss a week, so will take a couple of snaps this week to make up.

We've been to NZ on holidays, so Kuma stayed at a kennel while we were away. He came home hungry and tired, and has been alternating between eating and sleeping ever since we got back!

7193818984_9b6f059b80.jpg

18/52 by KumaAkita, on Flickr

Edited by KumaAkita

Yikes, looks like I haven't commented since Easter! Slacko :D

ktig: Love Paddy's high step marching! He also looks super cute in your w16 shot, just chillin' in the grass. Seems those days might be gone soon with the weather we're having!! He also looks like an awesome helper in w17 (or is that "foreman"?) and looks like a great place for a walk in w18. Cute bed (w19) Probably slightly smaller than Kuma's :laugh:

MnDM: I love your w15 collection. Your beach shots are always cool. Gosh! Juddy's looking so grown up in w16! How'd that happen?? Monet and Diva look like they had a great day racing, and I love Benson's windswept look. Your w17 collection is also great, I especially like Juddy's high flyin' buddy and the lovely portrait of Monet - she looks very sweet. Another great collection for w18 - Monet all curled up staying warm is just adorable and Diva's racing photo is brilliant. As to the watermark, I prefer your original. I think the white box is too much and takes away from your photos. I love Diva gettin' friendly with the lure in w19, looks like one of those "seconds from disaster" type moments!

Snook: Justice in his thundershirt is cute! Such sad eyes. It's like he's conspiring with his toy. I also like your w16 shot with 'bob' - great perspective in that photo. I love your w17 shot - I think I adore Justice's ears the most in the whole shot, so spirited! Your week 18 photo is beautiful, Justice could almost pass as a statue! Cute Justice in his hoodie (w19) Brrrr, hope you get heating soon!

TLC: w16 - Hope your crew is better! Lacy looks like she'd be a great nurse :D I love your w17 shot too! Cute tricks will always bring a smile to sickly faces. She's very tolerant of you in w18! Beanie and scarf, musta been a cold day :laugh: Your w19 photo is cute, tho it looks windy - she may have needed her beanie and scarf from w18 :D

Jack and Dash's Mum: as I said before, Jack in his snood is fab. Such a cute face :) Your w17 collection is great too! I love your paired shot in w18, they look like they're about to get into mischief!

anniek: I like your w16 of Phoebe. The light behind her is just lovely. She looks very comfy in w17, what's not to enjoy about a couch and a blankie? your w18 photo is pretty, she looks like she's enjoying those sun rays. Glad that Cowboy is on the mend! How scary! Another comfy photo of Phoebe in w18, make the most of the warmth while it lasts

Shell: Ahhh Veikko. She's so freakin' cute! It'll be fun to watch her grow up - hopefully one day I will get to meet her.

Helen: Great photos! I love the colours you get in your shots, really pretty. I like your w17 photo, Tilly looks regal amongst the ferns and fronds. I like your w18 shot, the perspective is very interesting. I like your w19, she looks lovely after her groom and somewhat chuffed with how it turned out :laugh:

...and I'm up to date with comments. I'll try to get up to date with photos soon too!

I'm really enjoying all the photos in this thread, they'll be an awesome collection when the year is all said and done.

Edited by KumaAkita