Grumpy Not Well

Sheridan

I've been up since 3.30 am with Grumpy who has quite horrible diarrhoea. Very watery and runny. Took him off to the vet first thing, who thinks it's low-grade pancreatitis. Too much chicken is the probable cause. Grumpy has also thrown up twice. Very small vomits and the second one was mainly bile. Vet has given me antibiotics and lectade but if Grumpy doesn't drink we'll be heading back for him to be put on a drip to get his fluids up. Grumpy is sleeping now; my poor old lovely man, he must be so tired. :(

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just posted in another thread about Hamish just getting over pancreatitis, his "may" have been triggered but too much lamb so will be feeding him chicken - this is not what I wanted to read about chicken...

Good luck with Grumpy, hope he is feeling better soon.

I suspect from what ... er ... came out, so to speak, from both ends, I suspect the sliced chicken. Plus Mini wouldn't touch it this morning. But we also had some roast chicken for a couple of days for Christmas and he does have a sensitive tummy so it could have been either.

I miss my little man. So does Mini; she ran around looking for him.

Edited by Sheridan

Sorry to hear he hasn't been well, but am very glad to hear he is home.

OT but I met my first Wheatens a month ago. Two gorgeous little dogs. I do have to say I thought they would be bigger which I said to their owner. I was then informed one of them was large for a wheaten. They were showing and doing agility.

Gorgeous little smooches and such strong fit little dogs they were

Interesting, Grumpy just got up and didn't have much control over his back legs, as if he's coming out of sedation. He hasn't been sedated. He had an anti-nausea injection. He was much brighter at the vet. Hoping it's just that he's tired. I'll let him sleep and see how he goes. :(

Oh Sheridan I've just seen your thread - I'm so sorry to hear th old fella has not been well.

And don't much like the sound of his lack of back leg control - don't want to be alarmist but if it doesn't resolve fairly quickly I'd take him back to the vet :) Could be a range of things - arthritis, disc problems but it could also be an infectious or parasitic process ( neosporosis is on the increase and this is exactly how itt starts and the vets arent generally looking for it - it's rare but getting less rare - and needs early aggressive treatment). So suggest if it's not resolving today you head back to the vet ASAP.

All fingers and paws crossed for you and the grumpy one here :)