Endurance Test 2012

Yeah- a successful Sydney ET! More than 30 dogs ran and every one of them got through.

Mostly medium breeds - but a little Jack Russell and a Norwich stole a few hearts.

It was my first and I really enjoyed it. Now I just have to find a dog to borrow for next year!

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah- a successful Sydney ET! More than 30 dogs ran and every one of them got through.

Mostly medium breeds - but a little Jack Russell and a Norwich stole a few hearts.

It was my first and I really enjoyed it. Now I just have to find a dog to borrow for next year!

Well done 3BW!

glad it was a great day!

M

Two Border Terriers also ran and passed - well done to everyone but especially the Little Brown Dogs!

Two Border Terriers also ran and passed - well done to everyone but especially the Little Brown Dogs!

Excellent news! Well done.

M

Wow! Congrats all.

Not for awhile yet abbiestar she is still too young. I have started taking her on small runs with me.

Does anybody do it running or is everyone one bike?

Think the main reason for choosing the bike is the people can't run that far! You can run though!

Okay so can anyone give me a good training routine for a little dog, miss Ella lowchen is 2 this weekend so next yr Im aiming for her to be the first endurance tested lowchen! The following year will be our Lakie who is 2 next yr..

I just have no idea where to start!! I keep saying I'm gonna do it now I really do wanna do it to help her fitness and mine LOL

Wow! Congrats all.

Not for awhile yet abbiestar she is still too young. I have started taking her on small runs with me.

Does anybody do it running or is everyone one bike?

Definitely use a bike, unless you are a seasoned marathon runner :))

M

Okay so can anyone give me a good training routine for a little dog, miss Ella lowchen is 2 this weekend so next yr Im aiming for her to be the first endurance tested lowchen! The following year will be our Lakie who is 2 next yr..

I just have no idea where to start!! I keep saying I'm gonna do it now I really do wanna do it to help her fitness and mine LOL

Start her off in very small doses. Build her up very slowly. You have plenty of time to prepare her, so do it well and properly and you will be fine. If you are going to do the ET on a bike (and you are) get her used to the presence of the bike by walking the bike between you and her. Once she is used to the bike being there, start riding it. Small distances at first, say to the end of your street and back. Again, once she is used to this, you can expand the distance. Get a speedometer for your bike from the bike store and if possible, have the bike store fit it for you so that it is correct in distance and speed measurement.

Do not exceed 11 kph. That is roughly the maximum speed you will encounter doing an ET. She cannot drag you, or lag behind.

The ET is broken up into three sections of 8ks, 6 ks and 6 ks again. There are rest periods in between each section.

That should get you started, please ask for more advice as you go along.

M