"tea Cup" Pomeranian

Just discovered a disgusting FB page for teacup puppies with several breeds. They are around $6500 and are supposed to be no more than 2 pounds full grown. Looking at how deformed the heads are they would be lucky to live long enough to be full grown. They all look like they have hydrocephalus. :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad

It constantly amazes me that people fall for these scams and of course the puppies are the ones to suffer.

Edited by dancinbcs

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just discovered a disgusting FB page for teacup puppies with several breeds. They are around $6500 and are supposed to be no more than 2 pounds full grown. Looking at how deformed the heads are they would be lucky to live long enough to be full grown. They all look like they have hydrocephalus. :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad

It constantly amazes me that people fall for these scams and of course the puppies are the ones to suffer.

:mad :mad :mad

I hate how this is allowed to go on! Those poor puppies :(

dancin'..... p'raps remove the page name ? This can be seen by every joe public.. and it would be nice if they weren't directed to such a page /site :(

I removed the name but I think the public should see how horrific these poor puppies look. It is an o/s page anyway but there are a few of them around the world. Thankfully none seem to be in Aust.

dancin'..... p'raps remove the page name ? This can be seen by every joe public.. and it would be nice if they weren't directed to such a page /site :(

I removed the name but I think the public should see how horrific these poor puppies look. It is an o/s page anyway but there are a few of them around the world. Thankfully none seem to be in Aust.

Can you pm me the link? I'm on iPhone so searching anything on Facebook is not without glitches.

I just cannot fathom how people don't want the best health for their puppy and would prefer a mutated version that will have mental and health issues growing up.. Not that it'll get to grow up to live a long happy life anyway..

Who cares about lines, temperament and suitability?!?! Why should I bother with them

I hope this was a joke and not serious...

I think this was said as in the other people think - Who cares about lines temperment and suitability. Why should K & C Bother with them ( the other people)

Who cares about lines, temperament and suitability?!?! Why should I bother with them

I think this was said as in the other people think - Who cares about lines temperment and suitability. Why should K & C Bother with them ( the other people)

Hopefully! It can be read either way but I hope you're right.

Hopefully! It can be read either way but I hope you're right.

Yes, that was definitely sarcasm.

Yes this is what I meant! Sorry for confusion :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes this is what I meant! Sorry for confusion :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahh :) Well that's good then.. Sometimes it's quite easy to misinterpret things in text :o

Many years ago now, back in the mid to late 90's my SIL's daughter bought her what my SIL called a tea cup poodle from a pet shop. At that time I hadn't heard that term before & she told me it would be a tiny dog, which it wasn't really I've seen smaller toy poodles. She told me before I saw him that he was champagne coloured but on seeing him he was always a dirty white. His tail had been cut much shorter than a poodles used to be, more rottie length & always had a hunched appearance. He did live a long life, only dying last year at 16/17 yrs old.

I can remember 10+ yrs ago at the Sydney Royal someone asking a poodle breeder about a teacup poodle. My ears pricked, pardon the pun, to hear what the answer would be because I had only read that there was no such thing. Of course the poodle breeder told the person that a teacup poodle did not exist & the reasons why. Since then there has emerged many teacup breeds.

My Japanese Spitz puppy was 1.2kg when I 1st got him & to me he was very tiny, being used to border collie pups. He's now 6mths old & about 4.5 kg, still a small dog.

• 1 month later...

Thank you for the info in this thread. I recently had (what can only be described as) a deformed 4 month old male Chihuahua surrendered to me last week. It was bred by a Registered Breeder and knowingly sold to a byb who already has 3 tiny undesexed female Chihuahuas and she was looking for a tiny male that would throw tiny puppies when mated to any or all of her tiny females. One of these females was on Today Tonight last year, she had hypoglycemia, and the story was supposedly to raise awareness about the health issues that arise from breeding 'teacup' dogs, but it turns out the owner just wanted the public to pay the vet costs... she's going ahead with using this girl to breed 'teacups' anyway.

The little surrendered bloke never had a chance, he had most of the issues listed in the link that was posted. I had to hold this innocent little soul in my arms while he was put to sleep. The breeder knowingly sold a sick, deformed puppy and the owner didn't provide it the vet care it needed. If registered breeders are willing to sell pups like this, then telling people not to buy from pet shops, from the paper or the internet is just useless.

And yes, I contacted the Registered Breeder to let her know that the puppy she sold was about to be euthanased.

Guest lavendergirl

Thank you for the info in this thread. I recently had (what can only be described as) a deformed 4 month old male Chihuahua surrendered to me last week. It was bred by a Registered Breeder and knowingly sold to a byb who already has 3 tiny undesexed female Chihuahuas and she was looking for a tiny male that would throw tiny puppies when mated to any or all of her tiny females. One of these females was on Today Tonight last year, she had hypoglycemia, and the story was supposedly to raise awareness about the health issues that arise from breeding 'teacup' dogs, but it turns out the owner just wanted the public to pay the vet costs... she's going ahead with using this girl to breed 'teacups' anyway.

The little surrendered bloke never had a chance, he had most of the issues listed in the link that was posted. I had to hold this innocent little soul in my arms while he was put to sleep. The breeder knowingly sold a sick, deformed puppy and the owner didn't provide it the vet care it needed. If registered breeders are willing to sell pups like this, then telling people not to buy from pet shops, from the paper or the internet is just useless.

And yes, I contacted the Registered Breeder to let her know that the puppy she sold was about to be euthanased.

Poor little fellow :cry: So sorry you had to bear the brunt of such irresponsible behaviour.

It never stops. I have yet another email asking me for a teacup poodle.

Patiently sent an explanation about teacups. Probably wasted my time but it may ring a bell in their brain & register as sense. I try.

I have had answering txt messages they cost a motsa and you are paying to educate many who dont care or listen.

theres surely enough warning about teacups DO NOT EXIST FOLKS. they are not a breed nor are the majority live long enough to as my vet says. "MAKE OLD BONES" if you love your dog why want one with a short life span?????????