2012 Brags Thread

Well done RS and bx2 :thumbsup: That's quite a weekend of results!

Mrs RB - the long beach walk sounds divine! I could do with one of those (every day for 2 weeks :laugh:) after another sparrow's fart awakening this morning!!!

Em followed up yesterday's jumping win with a ripper 4th place in retrieving today. She was 6 points behind the eventual winner and lost 5 points for putting the bird down before quickly picking it up and delivering to hand. Twice :o

LOL TSD...we had a bit of that with a metal article in UD today. But pleased to say Snazz did a nice CDX round of 198 today to make up for it :laugh:

Ptolomy is being quiet, but Scoota did a ripper UD round as did Beans in CDX. :thumbsup:

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done RS and bx2 :thumbsup: That's quite a weekend of results!

Mrs RB - the long beach walk sounds divine! I could do with one of those (every day for 2 weeks :laugh:) after another sparrow's fart awakening this morning!!!

Em followed up yesterday's jumping win with a ripper 4th place in retrieving today. She was 6 points behind the eventual winner and lost 5 points for putting the bird down before quickly picking it up and delivering to hand. Twice :o

LOL TSD...we had a bit of that with a metal article in UD today. But pleased to say Snazz did a nice CDX round of 198 today to make up for it :laugh:

Ptolomy is being quiet, but Scoota did a ripper UD round as did Beans in CDX. :thumbsup:

Oh well done caffy (and Ptolomy) :thumbsup:

Em doesn't mind metal too much. But she'll fly to the moon for fur or feather :D

ETA: Our judge today reminded me at the presentation that we would have won if not for that but nothing could wipe the grin off my face. Winning is lovely but some of my favourite memories of trialling don't even involve quallies.

Edited by The Spotted Devil

Snazzy was the star today champagne.gif 198 was fantastic. Just imagine how good he would be if you actually trained clap.gif

Well done to TSD on Em's results in agility and retrieving and to Rubystar who has 2 x 100 scores under her belt in Rally O - how good is that cheers.gif

Had a full on weekend - Scoota got 2nd to Brookie yesterday in UD and then came out and won UD today. Yep it was work I would like to bottle. His UDX round was also terrific today - just wish they would get rid of the distance control exercise!. He also got 2 Rally passes, 98 yesterday and 100 today cheer.gif

Beans was being rehomed to anybody who looked remotely interested yesterday, but somebody did a dog swap overnight and she came out and worked really well to finished second to Snaz with 195. I think she might have heard me discussing her retirement with BeDazzled yesterday coffeesplurk.gif She also got a Rally pass yesterday and today.

Strauss made his open debut yesterday and scored zero for every exercise, but today came out and only failed the SFE - lovely work from the baby dog. Strauss also got 2 Rally passes over the weekend.

We will all sleep well tonight......

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::cheer:

Lots more lovely brags - well done everyone. And I wouldn't train Snazzy, caffy - you might ruin what is obviously natural talent :rofl: . And Ptolomy, Beans is just making sure youre appreciative of her efforts :laugh:

RS, they were interesting comments about working with the dog in Rally - you're absolutely right, and that's one of the really good things about Rally, I think. We have quite a bit of the same tight lead thing here - and I think people are forgetting that after RN, it's off lead, so the wise strategy is to work Novice as if it's offlead.

An overcast, drizzly day but nothing could dampen Zig's enthusiasm. He ran fantastically, whilst I concentrated on fixing my shoulder turns and rear crosses as well as mixing up his rewards - picked up 2 passes in Masters Agility and came 1st (Q) in Open Agility :eek: You could have knocked me over with a feather at presentations :laugh: as I never expect to beat the amazingly fast dogs at this level but evidently many of them bombed out. It was a tough distance challenge (for us) so I am thrilled to bits. The remainder of his runs were terrific - tipped the broad jump with a toe nail to miss out on a nice JDM qually and I got lost on his best run of the day to stuff him up on the easiest part of the course - after a long 5 jump lead out, difficult tunnel suck and tight turns which he nailed like an old hand :hitself: Em ran in Open Agility and Jumping (minus the distance challenge) and did beautifully - lovely lead outs, weaves and contacts - just practice for both of us and I can't complain at all although it is hard handling a very green dog again. That's just about it for us in agility until our road trip to the Nationals :thumbsup:

An overcast, drizzly day but nothing could dampen Zig's enthusiasm. He ran fantastically, whilst I concentrated on fixing my shoulder turns and rear crosses as well as mixing up his rewards - picked up 2 passes in Masters Agility and came 1st (Q) in Open Agility :eek: You could have knocked me over with a feather at presentations :laugh: as I never expect to beat the amazingly fast dogs at this level but evidently many of them bombed out. It was a tough distance challenge (for us) so I am thrilled to bits. The remainder of his runs were terrific - tipped the broad jump with a toe nail to miss out on a nice JDM qually and I got lost on his best run of the day to stuff him up on the easiest part of the course - after a long 5 jump lead out, difficult tunnel suck and tight turns which he nailed like an old hand :hitself: Em ran in Open Agility and Jumping (minus the distance challenge) and did beautifully - lovely lead outs, weaves and contacts - just practice for both of us and I can't complain at all although it is hard handling a very green dog again. That's just about it for us in agility until our road trip to the Nationals :thumbsup:

Well done TSD and Ziggy and Em...see you at the Nats :D

My little brag is Coco got a pass on her Track 2 yesterday. She had to work hard for it as I left my brain in bed and wouldn't believe her that the track went through some trees and not around them. She ended up going to hell with you I KNOW better and pulled me off my feet almost so I figured why not? She was right and I was wrong really have to trust my dog!!

Am also eternally grateful she came back to check on me when I went A over T in a gully and didn't knick off and finish the track without me. :)

Next track in two weeks fingers crossed

Well done TSD and kathq!

We got our first quallie in novice agility yesterday (we already have our novice jumping title but there are sooo many things to stuff up in agility). So very happy with my little girl :)

though I haven't posted for a while, I have been following everyone's great and wonderful results thumbsup1.gifthumbsup1.gif

I have, finally, a brag worth posting biggrin.gif

I know Tassie will be excited for us laugh.gif

My sheppie girl, Seven finally passed her 3rd leg of UD with a score of 190 under Ross Carlson of Vic.

Then backed it up in the afternoon with a 186 (same judge) and her first leg to her OC title biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Four more to go!!!!!!

Biker girl haven't heard from you in ages - a big thumbsup1.gif to you UD title and one leg towards OC - enjoy the ride.....

Great work Wuffles and TSD thumbsup1.gif

kathq - I think lots of us would steal Coco in a heartbeat - well done on track 2 - not bad for a dog and handler that only started tracking 5 minutes ago.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::champagne::champagne::champagne::cheer::cheer::clap::happydance::happydance2:

Wahooo!! Way to go biker girl and the gorgeous Seven. That is brilliant news. You're right - I'm just a little bit excited for you :rofl: . We knew it was only a matter of time, but it's so nice that she's done it - and started on the way to OC.

And big congrats to TSD and kathq and wuffles - and :rofl: at the back story, kathq. TSD, your kids are certainly firing at the right time.

Hey wuffles that's fantastic :thumbsup: How good does that first qually feel!!!! Now you know she can do it!

Ah, biker girl, a fine brag indeed :cheer: And 2 UD passes in one day is just plain showing off :rofl: Congratulations!

Yes, very happy with my 2 devils...Zig was tugging after his runs as well as before which is a huge step. I really don't care how we go in Sydney just as long as they enjoy themselves as much as they did yesterday :)

Well done Wuffles and biker girl that's awesome!!

Thanks everyone for the congrats, and yes the look on Coco's face was priceless. She was still busting out of her skin looking for more after we had finished, practically dragged me back to the car for her jackpot.

Ptolomy I think Jo H might argue if I was to send her west :)

Hi all :)

am very new to obed/agility. Leo is my first dog.

Today we passed basic obedience at dog club :) now we get to learn how to do agility properly :thumbsup:

Very excited!!

post-21285-0-86864100-1336904130_thumb.jpg