2012 Brags Thread

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't resist a tracking brag for my lil big man Rory - who did a super job on his Test 4 - would have been an Excellent except that his mum didn't recognise the cues he gave me that the second article was somewhere close by (the same cues he gave me successfully for the first article, which he'd also slightly overshot) - the rest of the track was almost perfect - he just put his nose down and motored along. Good boy! Ended up with a Very Good grade, and some nice comments from the judge.

Now on to Rally next week :laugh: - no rest for the wicked - or the very good :laugh: .

Can't resist a tracking brag for my lil big man Rory - who did a super job on his Test 4 - would have been an Excellent except that his mum didn't recognise the cues he gave me that the second article was somewhere close by (the same cues he gave me successfully for the first article, which he'd also slightly overshot) - the rest of the track was almost perfect - he just put his nose down and motored along. Good boy! Ended up with a Very Good grade, and some nice comments from the judge.

Now on to Rally next week :laugh: - no rest for the wicked - or the very good :laugh: .

Well done Tassie and Rory :) and have fun next week in Rally O

Congrats Tassie.

No such luck for us this weekend I'm afraid - still learnt heaps though including the fact that sometimes the gun dog must just do what they're bred to do and not what their handler wants them to do :rofl: :rofl:

Ok I am proud to announce I finally have a (non showing) brag! My boy Toby has had his first Rally-O pass on a score of 83. :thumbsup: He is a bit of an anxious dog and after having to scratch from the last attempt at the start line as he shut down I'm pleased today that he did not shut down, just got spooked and still managed to do some good work (as long as he could not see the judge :laugh: )

Here is the video:

cheer.gifWell done Rally Valley Toby really has come such a long way and after the little hiccup he had this morning when a GSD got into his face - he still managed to stay on track. Keep up the good work clap.gif

Tickled pink with the three boys who gained their Rally Advanced titles today Scoota with 100/100 Brookie 99/100 and Strauss with 97/100 Onto excellent we go........champagne.gif

Way to go Scoota, Brookie and Strauss - nice to see both your handlers managed to keep their acts together today and what a way to finish off your titles :thumbsup:.

Fantastic performance again. Huge congratulations and hopefully lots of celebrations.

It was a little bit special because I had my friend and toller breeder and owner of Scoota's dad here from Brisbane. Its the first time she has seen Strauss in the flesh and the first time she has seen him in the ring. I need to check her luggage tomorrow just in case she has packed him.

Meanwhile.......no brags on which puppy is staying - more confused than ever banghead.gif

Edited by Ptolomy

She is rather partial to Strauss eh Ptolomy:D Both your boys were lovely today with Moo getting the perfect Rally Advanced score for title :thumbsup:

My brag for today is a win in UD on 198 and second in Rally Advanced for title on 99. Lovely happy enthusiastic work :thumbsup:

Edited by bedazzledx2

A very well done to Ptolomy and her kiddies on the fantastic results and titles in Rally! And to bedazzled on the UD win and Rally title! :cheer:

I didn't get to really watch the Rally Advanced yesterday as I was too busy trying to get dog poo off my shoe!!! :vomit: And no it wasn't my dogs poo! So it was lovely to watch your video bedazzled :) That Rally Advanced course was SO MUCH FUN :D I am just sad I didn't get to do it. I walked it thinking how much fun it appeared, so I can't wait to actually get through it.

Even though Ruby got a 187 and 3rd in Open yesterday, I went home feeling really depressed. UD was a disaster, but we haven't trained in a long time due to studies and then weather, so I forgave her for her major blonde moments in directed jumping where I pulled her out, so I gave her a second chance and put her in Open. Then we got to Rally where the lights were on but nobody was home. I pulled her out at the very first station because she wasn't with it, and I wasn't going to pander to her the entire way round, that is not how I like to do things :(

I'm stuck in a rut, we train fine, but I need to figure out why I can't translate it to trialling. It is all me, I know this, I just can't figure things out. I have Pippa working very nicely, but I am scared I've set her on the same path as my girls where they are too reliant on rewards.

Dogs certainly keep US on a variable reinforcement schedule, because days like yesterday I really feel like giving up. But then I have a good day and I remember why I love it so much. Good thing I am a stubborn cow because I don't give up easily :p

Poor RS - your lovely blonde can't be brilliant in everything - especially when momma is studying. She'll come good again.

Great stuff from Ptolomy and bedazzledx2 - and thanks for the Brookie fix - super work.

Well the WA gurus' class of 2012 did pretty well at our Rally trial today - RA to several of your students - including my two. Scores not as high as over there though. Rory had a 92 in the am (courtesy of his mother who messed up the stationary call front - used the wrong hand to cue him - :hitself: - you're right, bedazzledx2 - it's hard when you can't get the help :laugh: . We fixed it in the afternoon, and he had a 96 - 2nd place on time (am was second too - to the same lovely GSD). Kirra only 84 and 83, but for a dog who doesn't 'do' obedience, I was reasonably happy with her - and she didn't go for the food in the offset figure 8 - which had food and toys in the bowl - that was hard for the toy - loving lil big man :rofl:

So as you say - on to Excellent LOL.

champagne.gifWell done Tassie on your 2 titles and please pass on our congrats to the class of 2012 cheer.gif

Well Decision has been made and Nina - Ptolomy Nannas Little Treasure (pending) will be my next obedience girl

crossfingers.gif that she turns out half as good as her mum worship.gif

Congratulations on all the titles happening this weekend! You have all got me suffering withdrawal so have sent off an entry to the double header on June 30. Will be interesting to see whether we can switch mind sets to working inside ropes again