2012 Brags Thread

Congrats TO and Jovi on your JD title!!

Way to go xena98 on your UDX Grand Champ quallie :cheer: And to bedazzled on yours - 1 more go go!! thumbsup1.gif

And congrats to you too Sue and Waldo!!! Go the mini schnitzels!!!!!!! PUHLEASE tell me you got it on video? I'm dying to see little Waldo work!! I'm a sucker for a black mini now :D

No video. Pity because after his recall in the am he picked up the marker for the figure of 8 and did a huge zoomie around the ring :rofl:

Hopefully I can make the next trial to video and catch another of those 'exercise finished' performances. :laugh:

lol. I couldn't believe it!

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbsup::thumbsup: Lovely brags all round (and for bedazzledx2 too). Gotta be happy with the Toller kids, TO and Ptolomy - and xena98, super well done on the UDX.

Good weekend for my guys as well - Rory did a lovely job on his Tracking Test 5 - working in strong (40kph) gusty winds on an open paddock with only very short grass - no cover until the last 20 metres to get a Very Good grade pass. Then backed up at club Novice obedience and Advanced Rally tests yesterday to give me some lovely work (well - if you don't count leaving the ring chasing the random-off-leash-member-of-the-public dog - thankfully a bitch - that came into the ring and right up to him as he was bringing his DB back. Naughty boy - but in his defence, it was a huge temptation, and he did come back to me - eventually. Anyway - after that, he managed to do his Novice stays - in the ring - first time ever :D . I was brave enough to put him in because he was between 2 bitches he knows and trusts - a Pap and a Mini Schnauzer - only 3 dogs in the ring. He was SUCH a good boy - held his stay even when the Pap sat up and barked in the down stay.

:thumbsup::thumbsup: Lovely brags all round (and for bedazzledx2 too). Gotta be happy with the Toller kids, TO and Ptolomy - and xena98, super well done on the UDX.

Good weekend for my guys as well - Rory did a lovely job on his Tracking Test 5 - working in strong (40kph) gusty winds on an open paddock with only very short grass - no cover until the last 20 metres to get a Very Good grade pass. Then backed up at club Novice obedience and Advanced Rally tests yesterday to give me some lovely work (well - if you don't count leaving the ring chasing the random-off-leash-member-of-the-public dog - thankfully a bitch - that came into the ring and right up to him as he was bringing his DB back. Naughty boy - but in his defence, it was a huge temptation, and he did come back to me - eventually. Anyway - after that, he managed to do his Novice stays - in the ring - first time ever :D . I was brave enough to put him in because he was between 2 bitches he knows and trusts - a Pap and a Mini Schnauzer - only 3 dogs in the ring. He was SUCH a good boy - held his stay even when the Pap sat up and barked in the down stay.

mini's are the best after all :provoke:

Well done Rory and the tollers!

:rofl: S&W. Rory just loves his friend Sadie - and she loves him. We go for on leash walks together after training sometimes, and it's so sweet to see Sadie and Rory walking side by side - glued together, with Sadie the Mini just making sure she keeps her nose slightly in front. We keep meaning to film it, but a bit hard when you're holding the leads as well. My other BC Kirra just hangs in behind - she can take other dogs or leave them - happy just as long as they don't get in her space. She's quite happy for Rory to be walking glued to Sadie. :D

Congratulations to everyone and their passes and successes over the weekend!!

I don't usually come into here, and certainly not to post anything, however I do have a small brag. My 10yo English Setter Spartan got his first pass in Rally Novice on Saturday with a score of 89/100. I'm very happy!!

Hopefully next weekend I'll have something else to brag about... we shall see :D

Congratulations to everyone and their passes and successes over the weekend!!

I don't usually come into here, and certainly not to post anything, however I do have a small brag. My 10yo English Setter Spartan got his first pass in Rally Novice on Saturday with a score of 89/100. I'm very happy!!

Hopefully next weekend I'll have something else to brag about... we shall see :D

Well done! Who says that you can't teach an old dog new tricks!

Congrats to you and Spartan ST. It's the great thing about Rally isn't it..that the older ones can have a great time and have success and fun at the same time..and the non-obedience ones like my 10 year old agility girl :-)

Yay Spartan. I love it when the unusual breeds do well, especially those that the ignorant call stupid.

I assisted in training a Borzoi, in USA, to O.CH about 15 years ago

Form follows function & all "good temperament" & TYPE of intelligence, is breed specific. The Borzoi, was not "stupid". She was super smart. However, for hundreds of years the breed was selected to course/chase. Pups who inherited, the temperament to stay close and work cooperatively, were culled.The temperament to be very sensitive to moving objects as well as to be independent & run long distances in pursuit of moving objects, was selected for

This dog was very difficult to train as we were working against her inherited, breed specific ,temperament

HIGHLY intelligent!

She was still an "Obedience" person's nightmare

We used prey drive for rewards

The silver Standard Poodles & I had an exhausting weekend but a happy one

We gained 2 passes in UD, that count towards Roxy's O.CH., & 2 Rally Excellent titles

Please note that all errors in Rally O & U.D. were handler caused.

When will I learn, that running 1/4 KM straight out of a UD ring, into a Rally Excellent ring that I have rapidly walked 1X, is not the best thing to do (for me)

Having admitted that.... I think several RALLY O. signs/stations, are ridiculously ambiguous, cryptic, & un necessarily confusing to the handler

Where the HALT icons are placed on the signs, is only one example of many ambiguities

The signs need a total revamp as to make the challenge of RALLY O., THE EXERCISE instead of a struggle for the handler to interpret the oddly written signs correctly.

In addition, as far as Novice Class goes, IMHO, as handlers can coax encourage, pat, praise, their dogs, a tight lead on more than 2 occasions, or ANY harsh command, OR any intentional jerk on the lead should be an instant automatic NQ JMHO

MY WEEKEND BRAGS

August 25th Westernport Obedience Club

Ch Cosalta G'Day Roxy UD RA AD JDX ET

Utility (UD) Class 1st Place 192 points Judge Frank Valastro

August 26th Moorabbin Obedience Dog Club Double Obedience & Rally O. Trial

OBEDIENCE

Ch Cosalta G'Day Roxy UD RA AD JDX ET

(P.M) Utility (UD) Class 1st Place 191 points Judge Ray Ashman

RALLY O.

(A.M.) RALLY EXCELLENT Class 1st Place 98 points Judge David Hutson

RALLY EXCELLENT (R.E.) TITLE ATTAINED

(P.M.)RALLY Excellent Class 1st Place 97 points Judge Christine Geary

August 26th Moorabbin RALLY O. Trial

DUAL CH. (O.CH.) GiDay Violet Crumble RA ADX JDX ET

(AM) RALLY EXCELLENT Class 2nd Place 95 Points Judge David Hutson

RALLY EXCELLENT (RE) TITLE ATTAINED

Fantastic results Canine Coach - Your girls work so beautifully thumbsup1.gif

Like you I too find the signs confusing and usually have to check with the judge while walking the course as to when the dog actually has to stop.

Edited by Ptolomy

Wonderful results with your lovely girls CC.

The signs do get less confusing as you get more used to them. We had the advantage at our club of having done Rally at Club level for a couple of years before it became official - which doesn't mean we don't sometimes make mistakes. :laugh: One of our experienced competitors one day knew there were the 2 different call front/finish lefts on the course - one with a halt after the finish and one without - she'd drilled the '2 different' bit into her brain so much, that when she did an incorrect performance of the first one - the brain message overrode what was on the second sign, and she got that one wrong too :laugh: . Anoather trap for obedience competitors, is waiting for the judge to call "forward" after an obedience type move like the movoing down. :D

Thanks everyone for the congrats :)

CC that's fantastic about the borzoi. isn't it interesting that the dogs that are generally bred to work independently of their owners are branded as stupid? Setters are another one of these breeds.

One of the things I've found with Rally, is that it needs to be kept in mind that consideration should be given to older and disabled dogs OR people. The Pivot in the advanced, for example, would be very difficult for someone with an injured leg. Upon watching an american video with the same signs, the pivot was not demonstrated keeping one foot on the ground at all times.

• 2 weeks later...

A small brag from me.

Adelaide Royal is on and last night was the jumping classes. Jazz gained a Q and second in novice. She has only ever been to 1 trial before.

The royal is indoors on artificial surface so with that and people I wasn't sure what she would do but none of it bothered her. And the new flooring is much better than the old one.

Back again tonight for agility but feeling less hopefully as we have been having weaving issues.

A small brag from me.

Adelaide Royal is on and last night was the jumping classes. Jazz gained a Q and second in novice. She has only ever been to 1 trial before.

The royal is indoors on artificial surface so with that and people I wasn't sure what she would do but none of it bothered her. And the new flooring is much better than the old one.

Back again tonight for agility but feeling less hopefully as we have been having weaving issues.

Well done Piper - especially since it was only her second trial and it was indoors. I have competed at the Adelaide Royal and it is tough going and not something the dogs are used to.

Good luck for tonight

Thanks Ptolomy.

The new surface is much nicer. Weird for the humans but the dogs all coped really well and it has plenty of traction. The couple of slides I saw would have happened on grass as well IMO. And luckily they put Novice on last so the stands are not as full and also she had been hanging around for a few hours so had got used to the noises. We have done conformation there in the past so it was not totally new to her but having her on lead and the ability to have food in front of her face every second if need be is very different to running off lead and at a distance from me, she is known to get distracted at times.

Yep, was only a novice jumping pass. LOL

No brag from tonight but happy how she ran. Did her A-Frame beautifully and that has been an issue since she had a fright late last year. Ran up with confidence and down deep into the colour. Lovely dog walk colour as well, really responsive to my cues. The table was right near the fence by the public stands and unfortunately gave her time to be nosey and she got a refusal at the next obstacle and then got distracted watching people instead of weaving as well so 2 faults tonight.

didnt see your run tonight too busy doing Superdogs lol but yesterday's run was nice

My little brag lol was Gabby won yesterday master jumping and tonight master agility.

Open agility ran a tad too fast and missed the scramble coming down by a toe nail apparantly and last night mummy was very naughty and didnt wait for the dog to be in the tunnel before taking off Naughty mummy lol

Tomorrow its superdogs again and than ud monday night so that shall be interesting and hopefully the firework wont be on