Found A Sick Little Kitty Tonight.

Just before dark I heard these minor birds screeching away outside and thought they may of been attacking a blue tongue so went to investigate.

What I found instead was a tiny little kitten at the front of my house trying to get away from the birds. He didn't have much energy though and struggled to walk letalone run away. :(

I approached him (or her?) he was too weak to resist so I picked him up easily.

I bought him inside and he managed to eat some sardines. He is all skin and bone and was badly dehydrated. :( I have been giving him hydralite and also kitten milk in little amounts but regulary. I am not sure if he will survive the night to be honest. :(

One of his eye's is gunky but I have been wiping it down. He is touch and go atm.

I feel so helpless.

Earlier on Jack dissapeared into the bedroom and returned with his panda teddy bear. He offered it to the kitty as a subsitute Mum. :( then he got all upset and worried that his Mum was out there somewhere looking for him.

I went out and searched the front yard for more kittens or a Mumma cat but there were none. Only him. :(

OH has called him "Lucky". I am afraid he needs all the luck he can get atm.

Just look at him. :cry:

6666008009_6ef303bfa0.jpg

Poor little bub, he doesn't look well at all. How old do you think he is, from the pic, I'd say a maximum of 3 or 4 weeks.. I hope he survives the night... lots of positive energy coming his way. Make sure you keep him warm though. Keep us posted...

Poor little baby ... fingers crossed he/she makes it.

How is it doing?

My mum ended up with a kitten in similar circumstances but thanksfully it wasn't sick and maybe a week older.

It then got cat flu before it could be vaccinated and the vet didn't think it would make it but we sat with it and kept the fluids up and thankfully it pulled through.

Edited by Tilly

Hoping the little one made it through the night - he is in the best place to have a chance of making it with your family. How special is Jack - what a kind caring person he is - I am so impressed by your little man's compassion.

Little Lucky made it through the night but passed this morning. :cry:

I set my alarm and got up throughout the night to give him fluids and change his hot water bottle. I knew at the 5.40am feed that he wouldn't make it. :( I changed his hot water bottle and placed him on it. I told him to rest now baby. :cry:

When I came back for the next feed, he was gone. R.I.P. :(:cry:

He was such a sweet little thing. He loved his ears being rubbed, he'd tilt his head side to side and closed his eyes as he lapped it up. He made the tiniest little meow too when I saw him for the last time. He looked at with his one eye open and meowed.

I am glad he got a decent feed (probably the only proper meal he'd ever eaten), I am glad he got to feel love before he left and I am glad he died with a name.

I will tell Jack that his Mother came to the door meowing, so I had to let him go back with her. I couldn't tell him the truth, it would break his little heart. :cry:

6669777471_cb5f622cc7.jpg

Taken just after midnight when he'd had a feed, a hot water bottle change and after I'd cleaned his eye again.

6669777513_eab10f8cf7.jpg

:rainbowbridge: R.I.P. Lucky. xxx :rainbowbridge:

I think a star must shine over your house Rachel guiding the lost animals to your door. Poor Lucky. You did your best and he passed with someone at least caring about him. And I think you did the right thing with Jack.

It's always been that way PS, my whole life. Doesn't matter what house I have lived in or where it has been, I have been a magnet to the sick, injured or stray. I cannot explain it. :shrug:

I acted all excited when I told Jack that the Mumma cat came to the door this morning and was meowing so loud that she woke me up. I told him she was there with Lucky's 2 brothers and sister and that they were missing Lucky so I had to let him go with them. He was happy with that and every now and then goes to the bedroom window to see if he can see them in the garden. :( I hate lying to him but he has experienced enough loss. More than most kids his age. :( Thankfully I was able to spare him the pain this time.