Slowest Whippets You'll Ever See

Kirislin

awesome

reminds me of this photo, the horse is 26 years old

flyingfinish26yrsofage.jpg

was that the arab stallion who used to do endurance races when he was in his late 20's? Cant recall his name but I think I'd know if it I heard it.

fancy remembering that. it was so many years ago. this ones name was Aeneas and he won 5 tom quilty 100 mile buckles without a single vetout. considering the average vetout rate was 60% n more. then went on to win ironwoman races against horses a third his age. with margins of half and 1/4 of a mile :rofl:

Edited by asal

awesome

was that the arab stallion who used to do endurance races when he was in his late 20's? Cant recall his name but I think I'd know if it I heard it.

fancy remembering that. it was so many years ago. this ones name was Aeneas and he won 5 tom quilty 100 mile buckles without a single vetout. considering the average vetout rate was 60% n more. then went on to win ironwoman races against horses a third his age. with margins of half and 1/4 of a mile :rofl:

Yep, that's the one! Aeneas :)

I believe he was dual registered as an Australian Stock Horse. What is your connection to him?

awesome

Yep, that's the one! Aeneas :)

I believe he was dual registered as an Australian Stock Horse. What is your connection to him?

Yes he was. He was my best freind, partner and forever is in my heart. He brought me out on the other side of a very hard peroid of my life.

Thank you :)