Lab Pup Prices

Roguedog

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

very dodgy site. Seems one of their main stud male has what looks to me like ectropian. And no health testing.

Also seems they are most interested in money as one you have a deposit on a puppy you can only change your mind BEFORE they are born, then you have to take it regardless. I think I would only want my pups to go to someone who actually wanted them, not because they were forced to.

And how can you pay a deposit on something that hasn't even been born yet?

Oh dear. I located this "breeder" website with the information provided in this thread and WOW. Check out the puppy page with their agreement to purchase a puppy. Run Forrest, ruuuuuuuuuun, far away from this BYB :eek:

I wonder if people actually hand over that much money for one of their pups, that is outrageous.

Sadly they are registered breeders.

Huge overkill of photos used on the site. For some reason i get the feeling that they were members of this forum once but disappeared some time ago.

And they talk about them as "placing an order". If what you originally "ordered" cannot be supplied, no refunds are offered. You must wait around til they can give you one of equal "quality". :rolleyes:

Oh and this quote takes the cake!!!!!! :eek:

HE CAN SAFELY BE LEFT WITH ANY TINY CHILD,.HE HAS THE TRUE LABRADOR NATURE THIS BREED IS RENOWNED FOR,.

Edited by RubyStar

Oh dear. I located this "breeder" website with the information provided in this thread and WOW. Check out the puppy page with their agreement to purchase a puppy. Run Forrest, ruuuuuuuuuun, far away from this BYB :eek:

I wonder if people actually hand over that much money for one of their pups, that is outrageous.

Sadly they are registered breeders.

Huge overkill of photos used on the site. For some reason i get the feeling that they were members of this forum once but disappeared some time ago.

They may be registered but are nothing more than a BYB to me.

They mainly use head shots of their dogs, and of the few stacked shots they provide, well, let's just say they probably shouldn't have :laugh: Their dogs certainly aren't the "type" I like.

Hope they are members here and read this, their practices are an utter disgrace!!!! :mad

I agree RS.

My first thought was the dogs needed to lose weight so I could even begin to see what they were like. They have a DOL website so must be members, couldn't find them in the breeder lists though. Their website is very hard to read.

I don't know much about Labs, but all the labs on their site don't look right to me, they look too big & very overweight.

I'm also very put off about their no refund under any circumstances policy, it also makes me wonder if they would take back any dog they have bred if the owner couldn't keep it anymore. :(

I also think their prices are too much, & one of the adult male dogs they are selling is for a pet home, but they said they would negotiate if anyone wants him for a stud dog, which to me means they might charge more for main papers.

I liked the photos of their property & beautiful birds & wild life pics, but their dogs are just not my cup of tea.

I don't know much about Labs, but all the labs on their site don't look right to me, they look too big & very overweight.

I'm also very put off about their no refund under any circumstances policy, it also makes me wonder if they would take back any dog they have bred if the owner couldn't keep it anymore. :(

I also think their prices are too much, & one of the adult male dogs they are selling is for a pet home, but they said they would negotiate if anyone wants him for a stud dog, which to me means they might charge more for main papers.

I liked the photos of their property & beautiful birds & wild life pics, but their dogs are just not my cup of tea.

lol i agree, i esp didnt like the heads on some of their imported males, looked quite wrinkly some of them :(

Loved their property but the website had too much info on each page. A standard and simple format would be much better.

However i dont think anyone telling them off will make any differnce, they obv adore their dogs and think they are wonderful examples of the breed so it is unlikely they will give two hoots what anyone else thinks.

I know this has been discussed recently but I just wanted to check if $3500 for limited reg 8mth old male choc labs is a wee bit over priced? had a friend ask me about an ad on gumtree (they are looking for a choc lab for the family), my response? holy cow!!!! especially as neither parent is titled in any way.... ive told my friend that if it were me, I would look elsewhere as I suspect it is a 'colour' thing, which is sad for a reg breeder, $1500 is more like the price I would pay for a limited reg lab....

Does sound steep :confused: 8 months not weeks?? Chocolate isn't 'rare' persae, is it?

Age shouldn't matter, $3500 for a Lab is ridiculous! $1000-$1200 I would think

Chocolate is about as rare as blue staffords, they're not popular in the show ring, so they don't tend to get bred for that reason, but then they became the craze

That's phenomenal.. I know the main registered lab who was chocolate who I was showing was $900 or so.. Chocolates aren't rare at all these days but your right they don't show as well as they are a PITA to keep in condition due to their colour sun bleaching.. It took me many months of conditioning to get him back to condition to hit the ring and even then he still looked strange. Next to a younger. Chocolate who had been Uv protected his whole life...

To me there is a genetic marker with this colour they tend to be more so crazy then your average lab.. As discussed there is a reason why guide dogs don't have them in the mix.. I loved the boy I was showing but never again would I go chocolate..

I'd be curious to hear this pups breeding if it's a "big named" lab breeder the people might think they could warrant more charging for it

I know this has been discussed recently but I just wanted to check if $3500 for limited reg 8mth old male choc labs is a wee bit over priced? had a friend ask me about an ad on gumtree (they are looking for a choc lab for the family), my response? holy cow!!!! especially as neither parent is titled in any way.... ive told my friend that if it were me, I would look elsewhere as I suspect it is a 'colour' thing, which is sad for a reg breeder, $1500 is more like the price I would pay for a limited reg lab....

Does sound steep :confused: 8 months not weeks?? Chocolate isn't 'rare' persae, is it?

Chocolate is about as rare as blue staffords, they're not popular in the show ring, so they don't tend to get bred for that reason, but then they became the craze

That's phenomenal.. I know the main registered lab who was chocolate who I was showing was $900 or so.. Chocolates aren't rare at all these days but your right they don't show as well as they are a PITA to keep in condition due to their colour sun bleaching.. It took me many months of conditioning to get him back to condition to hit the ring and even then he still looked strange. Next to a younger. Chocolate who had been Uv protected his whole life...

To me there is a genetic marker with this colour they tend to be more so crazy then your average lab.. As discussed there is a reason why guide dogs don't have them in the mix.. I loved the boy I was showing but never again would I go chocolate..

I'd be curious to hear this pups breeding if it's a "big named" lab breeder the people might think they could warrant more charging for it

Oh that's really interesting Smisch, I had no idea about the sun bleaching!

Don't suppose you or anyone has any photos of a lab with it??

You have my Facebook.. I'll link a pic here when I get on my pc but there are a few photos in flab and friends and he is a really pasty colour I'm talking like orangey-creamy brown

You have my Facebook.. I'll link a pic here when I get on my pc but there are a few photos in flab and friends and he is a really pasty colour I'm talking like orangey-creamy brown

Sweet, I'll check that out now. Ta!

The blacks can also bleach but its rare, my boy does and many people ask if he is black or chocolate. His is from an interrupted hair growth cycle from meds tho

Yep black too can bleach we have seen it in the poodles, they can go a greyish kinda colour..Okay here we are we have the timeline of the coat colour picture 1 was Jan 2011 about a month after I got him, pic 2 was march 2011 theres already a difference, and then the final pic was in full show condition in may of 2011 - we won a neuter in group that weekend :D

post-5828-0-75593200-1327271637_thumb.jpg

You can now see why they are a PITA to show and keep in coat mind you I was only a novice showie and he was my first attempt at showing anything!! but in all the time in the ring with him there was only one other chocolate lab and that was his cousin or something.. when we didn grafton in may which was 6 shows in 4 days there were heaps of labs but he was the only neuter and the only chocolate all weekend

Edited by smisch

The blacks can also bleach but its rare, my boy does and many people ask if he is black or chocolate. His is from an interrupted hair growth cycle from meds tho

Yep black too can bleach we have seen it in the poodles, they can go a greyish kinda colour..Okay here we are we have the timeline of the coat colour picture 1 was Jan 2011 about a month after I got him, pic 2 was march 2011 theres already a difference, and then the final pic was in full show condition in may of 2011 - we won a neuter in group that weekend :D

post-5828-0-75593200-1327271637_thumb.jpg

Wow, that's an amazing difference! Could definitely see the sun bleaching in the photos you had on Facebook. The dark chocolate is such a beautiful colour.

We had a chocolate guide dog puppy attend some of our puppy preschool classes.

I had a look at this breeder's website. They're amazingly seal-like dogs - would be a little more interesting seeing them if they weren't carrying so much weight. And "rare short thick otter tail" (my bolding) is bewildering.

We had a chocolate guide dog puppy attend some of our puppy preschool classes.

I had a look at this breeder's website. They're amazingly seal-like dogs - would be a little more interesting seeing them if they weren't carrying so much weight. And "rare short thick otter tail" (my bolding) is bewildering.

Well there you go last I heard they werent using chocolates as they were just too happy go crazy labs.. *groan* god some people will tell you anything to sell a dog..