When You Leave The House

Vickie

208 members have voted

1. 1. When you are out, are your dogs...

• In the house loose
    • Crated in the house
    • Loose in the backyard
    • In runs inside garage or shed
    • In runs outside
    • Some contained, some not
    • Other

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest donatella

For those that crate your dogs while you're away how long do you crate them for?

I think its appalling when I hear people who crate their dogs for hours on end (ie a whole work day :eek: )

How is it any different to crating the dog for 12hrs overnight? The dog doesn't know the difference, just knows it needs to pee when you get home :laugh:

Ours are outside during the day, at night one is crated and the other had run of the house (until he broke the curtains) so now he's down the back in the 'dog room'

I voted loose in the yard but it depends on some thing's, at night they are in thier crates or if its a stinking hot day ill crate them. Because im a stay at home mum the really spend most of thier time on the lounge. :D

Tintin is loose in the house and has access to yard (if he can be bothered!) via the dog door. I'm sure he sleeps most of the time if he's home.

He doesn't have access to our bedroom because Lola is locked in there when we go out. Dog help us if she had free run of the house :eek:

She can be a very naughty pussy cat!

For those that crate your dogs while you're away how long do you crate them for?

I think its appalling when I hear people who crate their dogs for hours on end (ie a whole work day :eek: )

How is it any different to crating the dog for 12hrs overnight? The dog doesn't know the difference, just knows it needs to pee when you get home :laugh:

Ours are outside during the day, at night one is crated and the other had run of the house (until he broke the curtains) so now he's down the back in the 'dog room'

Exactly - don't judge people if you don't know the circumstances - my boys are quite happily crated for 12 hrs, even longer, overnight. Only VERY occasionally they might me crated for as long during the day - I think this preferable to leaving them outside where my psycho neighbour might get to them :(

Guest donatella

Because night is a known sleep time where the whole world sleeps. Daytime isn't all about sleeping for all dogs (although most would do it out of boredom).

I think it's cruel to be locked away for so much of their life.

Because night is a known sleep time where the whole world sleeps. Daytime isn't all about sleeping for all dogs (although most would do it out of boredom).

Tell that to my dogs :rofl:

Guest donatella

there is a big difference between night and day. I crate myself to my bed for 10 hours overnight but I wouldnt dream about doing it all day as well. What sort of life is that? You can't compare bed time to day time, not even worthy of a valid argument.

[quote name=poodlemum' timestamp='1327398139'

post='5693994]

Exactly - don't judge people if you don't know the circumstances - my boys are quite happily crated for 12 hrs, even longer, overnight. Only VERY occasionally they might me crated for as long during the day - I think this preferable to leaving them outside where my psycho neighbour might get to them :(

Guest donatella

That sucks for you then, I have a dog that sleeps all night no drama but is very active all day.

Tell that to my dogs :rofl: