Dog Bed

sashagirl

I've posted a pic of this no sew bed before. Another DOLer has made the same in a rectangular shape (der, why didn't I think of that!). I got it from the craftster website. It is washable and it was made of washed recycled blankets and stuffing (from all the pillows and doonas my SBT has eaten). If you like the idea of it I can give you a link to the crafster tutorial. I just did it in front on the tv one night and even our shep/husky cross can fit on it, although a rectangular one would've been much easier to cut and make!

post-33739-0-14380600-1327815701_thumb.jpg

I've posted a pic of this no sew bed before. Another DOLer has made the same in a rectangular shape (der, why didn't I think of that!). I got it from the craftster website. It is washable and it was made of washed recycled blankets and stuffing (from all the pillows and doonas my SBT has eaten). If you like the idea of it I can give you a link to the crafster tutorial. I just did it in front on the tv one night and even our shep/husky cross can fit on it, although a rectangular one would've been much easier to cut and make!

I saw this in the craft thread and was planning on making one tomorrow. Great idea about making it rectangular!!

Do you untie it to wash it? Wouldn't the stuffing go a bit lumpy? :confused:

are you after an inside or outside dog bed? For an inside dog bed i made a doona cover for want of a better name and then filled it with thrift store single bed bed-liners, woollen blankets cut down to size etc.

5896683556_404904277e.jpg

5896684114_178bb0e277.jpg

One side has a 100cm zip to make stuffing it with blankets etc easier. I guesstimated the size based on what i thought a full-grown lab would need laying flat. I used whalebone cord for the top and bottom and a light-stretch hounds tooth napped fabric for the side and heavy cotton for the bone appliqué. It's fully machine washable.

Nope I just chuck the whole thing in the washing machine as is and fluff it out a bit before drying and then again before using.

Easy as. Hope mine works :)

Whoa! That's fantastic Suziwong66! Very impressed with the cord border.

I would really like the link please Puppy_Sniffer, it looks great.

I'm sewing machine challenged so I found this product at my local pet shop

Molly Mutt

Seems like a great idea to me...

Large duvet is $35 and you stuff it yourself - you can use old clothes or blankets or my friend had old foam from a couch so I've got that in mine and now Scouts bed is comfier than mine :D

Here is the tutorial. My suggestion if you do make a round one though is to make the top circle smaller than the bottom one. You will need to adjust the number of ties to suit or just double up on some (which is what I did). If you make the rectangle shape then both pieces will be the same size.

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=236744.0

Suzie your big dog bed is brilliant!!!!!

For large bed destroyers whe I find a thick carpet scrap and nail it down to a pallet. Tech screws are better than nails, cause it makes it easier to replace the carpet when it gets too dirty.

That's a really good idea! I've got two bed destroyers that have to sleep on fleecy blankets and sheets on the floor at the moment! I would much prefer them up off the ground a little!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I made one a while back using two old pillows covered in a giant denim pillowslip that I sewed. Very easy to make, and you can easily wash the cover and replace the pillows when necessary.

If your dog is smaller, you could just use one pillow :)