Kcc And Bulla Policy Says - No Set Up The Day Before.

Stolzseinrotts

Hi All,

Seems there are many who don't want to follow the policy of No Set Up the day before a show at KCC and Bulla.(exclusion for setup left overnight after a show and for another show the next day)

Again the past few weeks I have seen marquees set up at both Bulla and KCC and all before the day of the show.

Now why don't the committees apply the ruling????

I get out of bed early to go and get a prime spot on the day of the show (Australia Day) and arrive at just after 5am at Bulla (before the gates are even opened) and after the gates are opened to find most spots are taken and all set up the night before??? How does this work and why do people think it is OK to do???

Again at KCC on Saturday, lots and lots of marquees / tarps and roped off areas were set up the night before??? Again how does this seem to be OK???

This is a reocurring thing, I can't count how many times last year this happened!!!!!

How is this to be policed and what should the repercussions be for those that fail to honour / respect the policy.

Should those offenders not be able to show because they failed to adhere to the policy??

Should people be issued a warning then if they do it again they are not allowed to show at the show???

I am really getting pissed off because people think it is OK to do what they WANT to do and not what the policy says, they clearly snub their noses at all of us that DO the right thing and follow the rules!!!!

What do you think would be a suitable outcome should people ignore the rules / policy and set up the night before.

Edited by Stolzseinrotts

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can assure you that a complaint was lodged by the ADI club re the early set up of exhibitors - ie prior to the day of the show.

Whether the Management Committee will do anything about it - who knows?

It is difficult for the show committee on the day to police this requirement - I would not need to tell you that there would be much verbal abuse etc...

You know the thing about rules??? They are there for the people who abide by them - others just please themselves!

Hi All,

Seems there are many who don't want to follow the policy of No Set Up the day before a show at KCC and Bulla.(exclusion for setup left overnight after a show and for another show the next day)

Again the past few weeks I have seen marquees set up at both Bulla and KCC and all before the day of the show.

Now why don't the committees apply the ruling????

I am not a show person but I think the committees should simply take down their gazebos etc and put them away. When they pitch up for the show (I would imagine they wouldn't bother showing up early) they can collect their stuff and set up where there is space left, just like everyone else.

I don't have a problem with people setting up the day before IF

They do not take up extra space, If wanting extra space go behind the first one, as not to take up extra front row spaces

They get there nice and early

And yes when I attend shows 3 hours away from home I still get there before 7am to get a good spot ;)

I was abused at ADI - Bulla by the exhibitor who had setup the day prior and also reported

for not moving my car. He also left his trailer there overnight and I parked infront leaving a good space for him to get in and hook up which he did. When he, for some unknown reason, asked me to move my car when my breed was being judged and I said No I was abused and then reported. Which was deemed frivolous by the Show Manager.

I never reported this exhibtior for setting up prior to show although I beleive he thinks I did. This could be the only reason for his abusive and arrogant manner. He had moved his car up on to the back of mine so I could not open my tail gate. What a stupid childish and worrying act.

I was 3rd car in the gate. there were tarps and ropes down and this large gazebo up. I work 15 mins. from Bulla I could easily setup the day prior But I respect the rules. If people wish to get there at the time I do good luck to them. But do not setup the day prior.

AT the Park on Saturday there were a number of spots taken at the group 7 ring. Saved also for people who could not be bothered getting up at 4.00am to travel 100 ks to the park to get a good spot. I arrived at 6.05 and it is most annoying that people think they are above the rules.

Some form of poilicing must be brought in. A fine of $100.00 per spot. That would stop them. Nominate a person who is always an early arrival at shows for each group to enforce the fines on behalf of the VCA. half to club and half to VCA. I will be making a suggestion to the VCA about this. At least if an offical does the "dobbing" then I do not have to worry about repocussions.

This behavior by people at shows is indeed a worry.

I am not a show person but I think the committees should simply take down their gazebos etc and put them away. When they pitch up for the show (I would imagine they wouldn't bother showing up early) they can collect their stuff and set up where there is space left, just like everyone else.

problem with that is who exactly is going to go around collecting all the stuff? Most committees are flat out the morning of a show, have a lot of older people on them that aren't capable of going around pulling gazebo's down or tarps up. I find it tiring enough putting my gazebo up and down once, no way I'd be going around removing others. It's a VCA rule, maybe they should get the groundkeeper to do the job?

We heard that some of these early setup offenders complained about their gazebos getting wet when the sprinklers at KCC park came on Saturday morning.

Personally I do not think it to be a huge issue as long as there is room between gazebos for people at the back to get through, but rules are rules.

Just slightly OT, parking rules seemed to be ignored to the point of becomming dangerous at KCC park, cars were parked along the roadway and on the grass. Surely if you are fit enough to run aroung the ring with a dog you can walk a few metres from the carpark to the ring with your gear.

Edited by capanash

Capanash, I noticed the parking too and it wasnt because there was no parking they were just too lazy to walk.

There is also the rule (I think is still in place) regarding using mats on the inside area. There are a tripping hazard and as such put everyone at risk of a claim.

I dont believe that an exhibitor or member of committee can enforce these rules, it comes down to the VCA employing someone specifically for the purpose. Why not make it a dual role and it can be enforcement and initial complaints. Or include the role (cant remember what it was called) that Ron Jensen used to do. That would compliment an enforcement role.

I agree the rules need to be enforced. It is becoming a joke especially when you make the effort of getting there as the gates open to see spots have been saved for their friends and the friends don't turn up until just before judging starts. if they want to save spots for their friends who are coming later don't go across rindside go back. Make it fair for the people that do get up early.

I also thought there was a rule about leaving walkways, but that rule seems to have been forgotten about too. Setting up a 'village' makes it hard for people who set up behind to get through. Thinking of others not just yourself doesn't hurt!

I don't believe it is up to the committee 'volunteers' to do. They have enough to do. It shouldn't be left for exhibitors to 'dob' in fellow exhibitors either. Perhaps EF's idea is the way to go.

I agree with all these comments - it is frustrating arriving early to see all the decent spots taken by people who dont arrive until just before their breed judging. But as we have all noticed some dog people are so selfish. I know one exhibitor who shows several dogs, runs around the ring etc but uses the disabled parking spot because she is too lazy to walk and arrives late as her friends save her a spot. Some dog people think they are above the rules unfortunately. :eek:

Hi, I was one of the exhibitors that double parked on side of roadway while unloading and loading, I am badly in need of a shoulder reconstruction, my other reco is only 12 months old and I really struggle carrying my gazebo and crates etc long distances, once we were unloaded, I moved my car straight to the carpark

teddy waddy = this is allowed its a loading zone i think what the others are reffering to is the people who didnt move their car after packing or unpacking...

someone saved a spot next to us on sat and again on sun not sure whos rope as they NEVER turned up sooo rude!!!!!!

i am very mindful of leaving gaps to get out the back to toilet dogs etc.. but i HATE people who use these gaps and on the way through their dogs either go nuts scaring the crap out of me and my dogs or piss all over my stuff effing rude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:mad:mad:mad

People think they are gods gift!! makes me smile when beat them... MUHAHAHAHAHAHA lol sadly i wish this happened more often!!! :D :D

Edited by kirst_goldens

I myself don't get the issue of having to be right next to the ring..it never bothers me where I sit as long as its with people I want to sit with and hang with, who cares if I'm near the ring I need to be in!! Lol which I never am!

Edited by Missymoo

KCC Park is a JOKE when it comes to regulations ....

If it's outside on the front lawn there are ALWAYS cars parked illegally on the driveway.

If it's inside then there are ALWAYS cars parked illegally on lawn areas.

Generally by people who should know BETTER... but obviously think the rules don't apply to them.

I am never early :laugh: :laugh:

I have to walk a bit further ... I have to set up a bit further back ... no big deal ....

KCC Park is a JOKE when it comes to regulations ....

If it's outside on the front lawn there are ALWAYS cars parked illegally on the driveway.

If it's inside then there are ALWAYS cars parked illegally on lawn areas.

Generally by people who should know BETTER... but obviously think the rules don't apply to them.

I am never early :laugh: :laugh:

I have to walk a bit further ... I have to set up a bit further back ... no big deal ....

Sometime we wonder if you ARE going to turn up or not. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thank you all for your comments. :thanks:

However one thing that hasn't been answered is what should happen should people be found to have set up the night before and be in clear breach of the policy????? I am not sure how to enforce the policy, but I do the right thing and would expect others to do the right thing and follow the rules. But when it it constantly being flaunted and ignored I have to wonder why have it in the first place?????????

Surely there has to be a way of making it fair for all when it comes to first there in the morning, gets the first choice. Not what is happening on a continual basis at both KCC and Bulla.

Oh, I should add I do get that a lot of people don't like or don't want to follow the rules, and many don't think any rules apply to them and this is clearly indicated by the extremely poor behaviour seen ringside week in week out.

So how do we make it fair for all?? :confused:

However one thing that hasn't been answered is what should happen should people be found to have set up the night before and be in clear breach of the policy?????

my opinion ... the grounds staff should have the authority to remove them ... maybe a fine when they go to collect them from him/her whoever or not released until a set time.