Kcc And Bulla Policy Says - No Set Up The Day Before.

Stolzseinrotts

I can't remember in WA but im fairly sure any items set up before the time allowed can be removed or something similiar .

If people set up on the day they aren't showing the space must be used or the items will be shifted .

The only problem is who determines what time someone isn't getting there ??

I set up for a friday night show ,the show started at 7.30pm mum got there at 8 pm,pissing down with rain.

I told her where i had set up & the trolley,chairs,grooming box etc etc where all there because the weather was so bad.When she got there carrying dog quickly through the rain then looking for our gear she ended up phoning me.

Apparently a select group of people figured it wasn't being used & shifted our gear in varying places ,i went off not only had they removed our gear they also had no idea where they had shifted it to .

So one also needs to be careful when touching peoples property ,these people meet with one very pissed off person & they new it & after there funny haha attitude soon realized they better get of there butts & find our gear which of course they had no idea what it looked like .

The trolley ended up being in the rain so the blankets & cover where wet plus the trolley it self & the other stuff had been moved down the line by other people .

People who shift any gear need to also take caution not to damage or loss any of it & i don't believe that job should fall on any volunteer .

Spot fines i think are more than doable .

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about putting a padlock or bike chain (or something similar) on their gazebos in a corner so they can not be folded up and packed away with a laminated note saying they need to go to the office to get the chain off - and pay a fine at the same time for their ignorance of rules :laugh:

Imagine the shame - it would be like a neon light alerting everyone that they broke the rules :D .

I suppose bright orange tape wrapped around the front poles would serve the same purpose but they would still be able to pack up and go home - but at least they would have to spend a bit of time removing the bright orange (or what ever color) tape - cheaper option and very noticeable. :thumbsup:

Edited by Andisa

Maybe hit people where it will hurt..their hip pocket, and have a fine for setting up the day before, or parking inappropriately?

$50, $100, more? Something people wouldn't be prepared to pay anyway for the joy of having a spot they want :rolleyes:

Whoever is unlocking gates in the morning could get their five minutes earlier to note site numbers of gazebo's or roped off areas for when staff arrive later. (Taking a photo would probably be a good idea for those who deny it).

Edited to say sorry missed the fact Andisa mentioned a fine already. :o The bright orange tape would also be a good way of causing embarrassment which would hopefully make people think twice in the future!

Edited by Roova

Don't you have to have some kind of legal mandate to impose a fine? I'd suspect it's not legally possible in those circumstances.

All I'd think could be done is for a caretake to take up the gear/ropes.

In the ACT there is a publicised set up time (midday the day before), and the office manager watches and has a word with anyone attempting it prior. This is hard work, there are always people who think they don't have to bother with the rules and they are usually not the sort of people who say "oh sorry, my mistake" and wander away again. :laugh:

For stuff that does go up, in the past it's been taken down by committees who have objected to it strongly enough to enforce the rules. That means the committee needs to have access to a few burly, helpful and hard to intimidate people to take all the material up and stow it and the show sec has to be prepared to cop the "omigod, where is my gazebo, how very dare you!" whining the next day

Dog world is full of cronyism, and if people have been allowed "special consideration" it's hard to unwind. Perhaps they would be better off allowing set up once the ground staff have finished preparing the grounds. I like the orange tape or bike lock idea too.

The parking is more of a problem then saved spots.

The parking will cause an accident, and only then will they do something about it.

so true ... and who will get sued ?? DogsVic ??

I would have thought it would be a matter of "parking at own risk" just like anywhere else.

Many years ago my car was parked at a shopping center in Dubbo NSW, it was damaged by one of the Wollies delivery trucks (going back over 20yrs ago and the bill was more than $1500). Days later I over heard 2 women talking about the incident in the shop I was working at and I asked them what they saw. They witnessed my car being smashed - the driver in a Woolies truck had trouble getting in and they said the look on his face was "F**k it" and just smashed in to the car moving it from the bay it was legally parked in. I went in to Woolies with the new information and they refused to do anything about even with the witnesses, I ended up having a huge fight with the manager in the middle of the shop telling him what I thought about it all. Went to the police station with the new information but because they never had the truck rego they didn't follow it up. Weeks later I left there and went back home to live/work, was sick of the crap. I suppose I could have pushed it further but as it happened in a public parking area there was nothing I could do, the insurance company were great.

Edited by Andisa

I would have thought it would be a matter of "parking at own risk" just like anywhere else.

I was thinking more along the lines of a child or dog running out from between all these illegally

parked cars !!!!

As far as illegally parked cars go ... if you car gets scratChed or damaged TOO BAD !!!

I was thinking more along the lines of a child or dog running out from between all these illegally

parked cars !!!!

As far as illegally parked cars go ... if you car gets scratChed or damaged TOO BAD !!!

Would it be any different to a child or dog being hit in a carpark anywhere else?

People park badly every where not just at dog shows.

Plenty of kids have been hit by cars outside of schools, many people still park illegally around schools.

* not trying to justify their bad behavior - I always park legally :)

Edited by Andisa

I think there are bigger things to worry about myself -

Just a small list of things I have seen in the last 12 months...

Verbal abuse between exhibitors, in and out of the ring

Exhibitors abusing a judge

Dogs biting another dogs

People running up the exhibitor in fronts ass

People letting there dogs pee on other peoples property

And im sure there is much more that I could come up with.

Hmmm I think the problem of settting up the day before could be solved if the ring layout was randomly changed and not advised until the day. :laugh:

I too resent space being saved for friends though - especially when the friends don't even turn up and we are all still politely walking around the rope/tarp whatever at the end of the day!

Maybe another option would be to permit all-breed committees to "hire out" 3x3 plots in the first row around the outdoor rings at KCC park and Bulla. Have the plots line marked on the ground along with alleyways between them. Plots could be numbered and only the payee who has been allotted that number can set up there. This would be an extra fund-raiser for the clubs. Clubs wishing to do this could pay a small charge to Dogs Vic to cover the costs of the groundsman doing the line marking. If all the plots don't sell it's not a problem as that would mean more free space for people to watch and assemble for classes. All other spaces could be first come first served freebies as now, but those 'prime' spaces could be used to gather income for better prizes etc.

Verbal abuse between exhibitors, in and out of the ring

Exhibitors abusing a judge

Dogs biting another dogs

People running up the exhibitor in fronts ass

People letting there dogs pee on other peoples property

I saw an exhibitor beating their dog a few weeks ago - a few people gave him a hard time. I wonder, is there a rule in NSW that we are obligated to report him on?

Verbal abuse between exhibitors, in and out of the ring not new

Exhibitors abusing a judge bad sportsmanship and they should be excused from the ring and if it is after judging then the judge should put a complaint in

Dogs biting another dogs doesnt that have to be reported by anyone that has seen it? and not jsut those involved?

People running up the exhibitor in fronts ass that shits me but has been happening for a long time

People letting there dogs pee on other peoples property that makes me angrier. at Cohuna someone let their dog pee on 4 of our soft crates - not impressed having to take them home only to pull them apart to wash them