How Long Between Seasons ?

mumoftwo

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is very difficult to judge the conformation of theses dogs as they are extremely overweight and need a good groom.

Well I knew it wouldnt be long ! "Extremely overweight"and "need a good groom" OMG anyone else care to comment ??

You can't judge conformation by just a photo, especially one that has a dog sitting down. FWIW I too think they are overweight. Your bitch would be much better off a bit trimmer before getting in whelp.

I also think you put the photo's up just to get a rise from people. If you seriously wanted an opinion you would have put up much better photo's.

It is very difficult to judge the conformation of theses dogs as they are extremely overweight and need a good groom.

Well I knew it wouldnt be long ! "Extremely overweight"and "need a good groom" OMG anyone else care to comment ??

Seriously, why post if you don't want opinions??

You like to bait people then whinge when you don't like the reply. :rolleyes:

You can't judge conformation by just a photo, especially one that has a dog sitting down. FWIW I too think they are overweight. Your bitch would be much better off a bit trimmer before getting in whelp.

I also think you put the photo's up just to get a rise from people. If you seriously wanted an opinion you would have put up much better photo's.

I put the photos up to show that they are actually Cavalier King Charles Spaniels ! I wasnt asking you to judge their confirmation at all ! In no way did I do it to "get a rise from people"

Unfortunately just because he is within the standard weight range doesn't mean he isn't slightly overweight :) maybe you could take a kilo off give them a good groom and clip and stand them, take a good photo and people can give you a better opinion/critique :) at the moment the photos you posted dont do either dog justice :(

Unfortunately just because he is within the standard weight range doesn't mean he isn't slightly overweight :) maybe you could take a kilo off give them a good groom and clip and stand them, take a good photo and people can give you a better opinion/critique :) at the moment the photos you posted dont do either dog justice :(

Shall do pockets, I want to learn how groom them myself so have been hanging off getting it done. They were sold to me with long hair and I quite like it like that. If they were going to be shown then of course Id have them done properly!!

I put the photos up to show that they are actually Cavalier King Charles Spaniels ! I wasnt asking you to judge their confirmation at all !

You posted them and above the photos you said:

I thought I would take some photos of my cavaliers that I intend to breed just to get everyones opinion of them........

You asked for people's opinions... that's hardly just putting the photos up to just to show what breed they are, and not asking for feedback, is it?

Of course it did..... And yet looking at it, it is OVER WEIGHT, but eh what do I know.

I value your opinion Sway and never meant to shrug your comment off. I will seriously take everyones opinion on board to improve their condition

Didn't you used to breed Cockers?? Unregistered I might add.......

Yes I did Sway but i took everyones advice on here and learned more about them and became a registered breeder ! I no longer have cocker spaniels by the way.

<I thought I would take some photos of my cavaliers that I intend to breed just to get everyones opinion of them........>

Yes by that I took it that you wanted opinions. Cavaliers King Charles Spaniels are shown unclipped so please don't get them clipped. Please learn some more about the breed and if you girl is worthwhile breeding. There are already way too many puppies being bred. If you learn everything you can by going to shows, talking with knowledgeable breeders, reading etc then you would be in a much better position as far as breeding. At this time you don't have some of the basics - such as knowing how to care for their coats. A decent breeder should at least be able to give their puppy buyers basic care information.

Seriously, why post if you don't want opinions??

You like to bait people then whinge when you don't like the reply. :rolleyes:

Extremely overweight was a bit harsh I think. They are both within the acceptable weight. Granted they could lose a kilo or two. And I do plan to get them groomed properly but as I dont show them I hadnt done it beforehand. The photo I took of them was just after a shampoo and blowdry. They both have perfectly clean teeth and ears, no matts anywhere. I have seen dogs owned by registered breeders that look far worse then mine........

<I thought I would take some photos of my cavaliers that I intend to breed just to get everyones opinion of them........>

Yes by that I took it that you wanted opinions. Cavaliers King Charles Spaniels are shown unclipped so please don't get them clipped. Please learn some more about the breed and if you girl is worthwhile breeding. There are already way too many puppies being bred. If you learn everything you can by going to shows, talking with knowledgeable breeders, reading etc then you would be in a much better position as far as breeding. At this time you don't have some of the basics - such as knowing how to care for their coats. A decent breeder should at least be able to give their puppy buyers basic care information.

Thanks for the feedback Gretel. When you say "knowing how to care for their coats" what exactly do you mean. They are brushed regularly, I keep their eyes, ears and teeth clean. Trim their nails and cut any matts out.

Edited by mumoftwo

within the acceptable weight range does not mean it is the right weight for them. As a vet nurse surely you know being overweight is not good for them?

What is the point of an "acceptable weight"if its still not acceptable when they are in within that range ?? Maybe they look overweight because they need a haircut ?