Bitch Proof Bitch Pants

I had some good ones, but can't recommend them because I got them from O/S and it took FOREVER for her to get them too me (as in I lodged a claim with paypal and they only just made it before I got my money back).

ETA- this is where I got them from http://nu-nee.tripod.com/bb.htm others have got pants from her and had a quick response, I just suggest emailing her before actually ordering.

Since then I have given up on pants and just have old sheets that I cover everything with and they spend more time in the crate when not supervised. I don't find my girls very messy unless they have a snooze so the sleep in crates! I mop regularly but really- I have cream tiles and don't see anything.

Edited by Jumabaar

Ok my bitch Zora is being a little cow and ripping the pads out of her bitch pants.. They are the plain black kind that come on the cardboard boxes.

Are there any pants out that are a bit stronger for little bitches?

My toy breed bitches kept doing this too - they actually bit holes into the black pants so I gave up using them and for the last two years both pair have been sitting in a draw. Just recently I have been minding a dog who if given the chance will lift his leg inside. I purchased belly bands to use on him - have been very successful and in the same order I purchased some bitches pants but as yet haven't had the occassion to use them. The girls are 100% house trained and it will be a couple of months before they come back in season. I purchased them from an advertiser on DOL - LoveMyFurBabies. Britches come in a choice of fabric, competatively priced and I had my order within the week. Only question is will they stand up to the bitches test. If not with my mature girls I hope I can use them in the future on a female pup while toilet training and then hopefully she will be fine with wearing them when in season.

you use those? I find them absolutely useless and also the dogs can't exhibit normal cleaning behaviors of their privates. I have two bitches in heat right now and there is no mess, no smell.

I think leave them be and they'll learn to clean themselves properly.

I have never found the need either Nehkbet. Without looking we would never even know Jazz is in, she is so meticulously clean (and in fact it was the increased cleaning that alerted me to this season). Piper was the same when she was entire.

How do your dogs clean themselves when they are asleep?

They don't leak like taps. They groom as much as they need, I even hear them wake up and clean if the feeling takes them ;) If you're worried when they're asleep just put them in a crate. Saying that if they're always used to bitch pants they probably will be messy for a while as they get used to the fact they're meant to do their own routine maintenance

They don't leak like taps. They groom as much as they need, I even hear them wake up and clean if the feeling takes them ;) If you're worried when they're asleep just put them in a crate. Saying that if they're always used to bitch pants they probably will be messy for a while as they get used to the fact they're meant to do their own routine maintenance

I do find the bitch that I initially used pants on was messier than the girls that never wore them.

Mine does! Just at night, you hardly notice anything any other time but in the morning there is always a big mess on her bed.

I just wash her bedding every day, and cover up the carpet/lounge etc for the odd drop here or there. Her first season was much messier though, admittedly.

This,

Jazz is always an unsettled sleeper and moves from 1 bed to another during the night. I have never seen any mess left from her. I might feel different about it if she slept on my bed, but she doesn't.

I purchased them from an advertiser on DOL - LoveMyFurBabies. Britches come in a choice of fabric, competatively priced and I had my order within the week.

I got mine from there as well and my girl is quite happy to wear hers, they fit well and she doesn't pay any attention to them at all.

you use those? I find them absolutely useless and also the dogs can't exhibit normal cleaning behaviors of their privates. I have two bitches in heat right now and there is no mess, no smell.

I think leave them be and they'll learn to clean themselves properly.

My bitch is not clean at all.

they need to learn to be clean, no way of doing that if the first sign of drippies they have pants put on them. But then it's personal choice I suppose. I'd never use them and all our bitches were meticulous cleaners.

they need to learn to be clean, no way of doing that if the first sign of drippies they have pants put on them. But then it's personal choice I suppose. I'd never use them and all our bitches were meticulous cleaners.

I was told by my breeder that it's quite typical of this breed, they just aren't that clean. She doesn't use bitch pants on her girls, so it's not that they haven't learnt to be clean.

Bitch pants are mostly required for my breed when indoors - with the odd exception most don't have long enough tongues to clean themselves due to their flat faces.

That said, some do bleed much more heavily than others, and for some sheets would be insufficient protection unless there was a waterproof layyer underneath.