Needy Paws Rescue

Hi Everyone

Certain comments have been made that will now be refered for legal advice and action.

:rolleyes: Oh please. Haven't you got more important things to worry about?

Sorry but I have to comment. I am sick to death of people "seeking legal advice and action". Please...get over it.

Just set the record straight and move on.

If you were going through what we are going through with people who are involved in animal rescue you would understand how and why we are very upset

We will become like america with all this crap.

I have just returned from Kenya where people are more concerned about finding clean water to drink for their children and a good job is one that pays $4 per day. My driver explained the reason he did not wear his seatbelt, was to stay alive if he was carjacked.

Get over it folks and look to make this world better. Lawyers are the only ones who make money from an "action".

If you were going through what we are going through with some people who are involved in animal rescue you would understand why we are very upset

Edited by kenreb

Then correct the information and welcome the chance to inform people of what you do and how you operate.

Most of the issue seems that people know very little about you.

Making threats demeans you and make you look like you have something to hide.

I always grab the chance to make the world better. Show by example.

And comming here and making threats ,when we have no idea who you are, and really couldn't have cared, helps you ,how?

Just dug yourself a big hole methinks :(

I appreciate that but we did not start this on a public forum nor did we ask to be discussed. Anyone could have contacted us before making assumptions on a public forum. There are other issues going with a person who has posted here on at the moment that we will deal with in an appropriate manner - but we are VERY hurt and angry over what has appeared on this forum today. It has been implied that we are beginners - I can assure all that we are not. It has been implied that we have asked for money when other rescue groups pay the transport costs - this is not the case - we actually pay someone to transport for us and we have always paid for it out of our own pockets until we made one request to friends to help us. There is one dog in foster care at the moment - he has been desexed, vaccinated and chipped and this was paid for by a sponsor for him. I have one foster dog in care that is from another group - she is desexed, vaccinated and chipped. She will be going to a new home soon. We had two dogs in temp care last night as they had to be out of the pound by yesterday morning and transport was today. If someone contacts us about adopting a dog negotiations do not take place on a public facebook page but are conducted privately between the person and us.

Hi Kenreb,

Sounds like you've got a bit on your plate at the moment. There are always going to be people who question what you do and how you do it, especially if you've recently started up something that appears to be new. I had a look at your fb page and your info section doesn't really give much explanation about how the rescue is run. I like to see lots of info, especially in a rescue page.. who does what, how things work, info on desexing and vetwork, etc. Saves having to ask questions ;)

I also like to see where the dogs are going, rather than just 'safe with rescue'. I'm not clear if you rehome to the public, if so, are all the dogs vetchecked and desexed? Do you save dogs and then give them to any rescue who comes along, or do you deal only with ethical rescues, where you know they'll have all relevant work done and be rehomed responsibly?

I've been involved in rescue for a while, mostly helping others, but now I'm doing my own thing. I welcome anyone enquiring about what I do and how things are done, be it here, on facebook, or anywhere else. It means they care about how a rescue is run and if they've missed something in my info page, I'm more than happy to have any issues cleared up.

I've had my share of meanies, but I'm happy to answer any questions openly and honestly. I don't automatically think that someone may have an agenda or is trying to trip me up or undermine what I'm doing... I just answer any questions. I'm always glad to have supporters who know where they stand with what I do and how I do it.

There have been other rescues starting up recently who's goal is purely to get dogs out of the pound. They are rehomed to anyone who wants them, and if they're undesexed at the pound they're rehomed undesexed. They are given to anyone who calls themselves a rescue, regardless of their reputation. And they ask for donations to continue their 'rescue work'. These type of 'rescue groups' are a big concern for others in rescue and it's not surprising that people who are experienced in rescue would ask questions about a new rescue group that arrives on facebook.

I'm not having a go at you or your rescue. It's just that there are lots of people reading these threads, not just the people you may have had issues with. They are the people you want to reach and it's very easy to get the wrong impression from a hastily written reply.

All the best :)

Certain comments have been made that will now be refered for legal advice and action.

Well, this bit, at least, feels familiar... :coffee:

This has already been said but.. you can't expect people to trust you when you react to simple questions with over-the-top threats of legal action.

If you feel incorrect information has been posted, step in and answer any concerns in a civil manner. Simple as that.

No rescue group is above questioning. An ethical group should be happy to answer questions without perceiving it to be an attack and personally, I'd be extremely wary of a group that made threats the way you did. Not a good look at all.

This has already been said but.. you can't expect people to trust you when you react to simple questions with over-the-top threats of legal action.

Kenreb wasn't exactly asked "simple questions". The organisations' credentials, ability, honesty, practises, etc, were called into question from the start.

I have always found it amusing (for want of a better word) that so many people have the idea that if something isn't on DOL, it either doesn't exist or it is new/underhand/dishonest/incapable.

DOL isn't the be all and end all of everything to do with dogs.

I know nothing of Kenreb, but I do know that there are plenty of people who are on the DOL forums who are highly regarded simply because of longevity. How many of the people who criticise and leap from great heights on newcomers have actually checked some of the "old timers" out to see if THEY are actually doing the right thing. I have personally met people who are highly regarded here yet I would not trust them for 5 seconds and would not give them a cent of my hard earned money.

How bout we do the adult thing.. ?? :shrug:

Welcome Needy Paws rescue & Kenreb..

:welcome:

DOL is a resource tool for many carers and rescue groups throughout australia..

As a new member would you like to introduce yourselves and of course how we can contact your members.

Some things that other people might like to know are :

Where are you based..?

Are you a breed specific rescue..?

What is the major focus of your group..? I.e. cats, dogs, sick animals, working dogs, small dogs etc..

How can other carers/ groups help you?

This would enable other members to contact you regarding a needy animal in your area.

Thanks..

Kenreb wasn't exactly asked "simple questions". The organisations' credentials, ability, honesty, practises, etc, were called into question from the start.

Given some of the questionable groups that have popped up in the past, I think it's perfectly reasonable for other rescues to have concerns.

If the group is doing the right thing, they have nothing to worry about.

As I said, no one should be above scrutiny- if you aren't willing to disclose how you operate (from the outset), people are going to make assumptions based on the information available. The way to prevent this is to be open from the start, especially where public donations are being requested and where dogs are leaving the pound undesexed.

Hi Kenreb,

Sounds like you've got a bit on your plate at the moment. There are always going to be people who question what you do and how you do it, especially if you've recently started up something that appears to be new. I had a look at your fb page and your info section doesn't really give much explanation about how the rescue is run. I like to see lots of info, especially in a rescue page.. who does what, how things work, info on desexing and vetwork, etc. Saves having to ask questions ;)

I also like to see where the dogs are going, rather than just 'safe with rescue'. I'm not clear if you rehome to the public, if so, are all the dogs vetchecked and desexed? Do you save dogs and then give them to any rescue who comes along, or do you deal only with ethical rescues, where you know they'll have all relevant work done and be rehomed responsibly?

I've been involved in rescue for a while, mostly helping others, but now I'm doing my own thing. I welcome anyone enquiring about what I do and how things are done, be it here, on facebook, or anywhere else. It means they care about how a rescue is run and if they've missed something in my info page, I'm more than happy to have any issues cleared up.

I've had my share of meanies, but I'm happy to answer any questions openly and honestly. I don't automatically think that someone may have an agenda or is trying to trip me up or undermine what I'm doing... I just answer any questions. I'm always glad to have supporters who know where they stand with what I do and how I do it.

There have been other rescues starting up recently who's goal is purely to get dogs out of the pound. They are rehomed to anyone who wants them, and if they're undesexed at the pound they're rehomed undesexed. They are given to anyone who calls themselves a rescue, regardless of their reputation. And they ask for donations to continue their 'rescue work'. These type of 'rescue groups' are a big concern for others in rescue and it's not surprising that people who are experienced in rescue would ask questions about a new rescue group that arrives on facebook.

I'm not having a go at you or your rescue. It's just that there are lots of people reading these threads, not just the people you may have had issues with. They are the people you want to reach and it's very easy to get the wrong impression from a hastily written reply.

All the best :)

Yellowgirl, a civil post that offers suggestions, rather than an interrogation. Especially the suggestion of filling out relevant details about the nature & work of Needy Paws on their Facebook page. That was my thought, too, when I found it. Then it would be self-explanatory. With the additional offer of phone numbers for additional questions & queries in person, that would make a useful communication package.

Edited by mita

Given some of the questionable groups that have popped up in the past, I think it's perfectly reasonable for other rescues to have concerns.

Because some groups and some people have been found to have extremely questionable ethics and practices, it doesn't make it right to shoot first and demand explainations later simply because someone new comes onto the DOL scene. As was done in this case.

Because some groups and some people have been found to have extremely questionable ethics and practices, it doesn't make it right to shoot first and demand explainations later simply because someone new comes onto the DOL scene. As was done in this case.

No one was "shot first". Someone asked a question, people responded with what information they had available to them.

The response was antagonistic and really quite rude. If a group wants to make legal threats against anyone who discusses them, they should expect that not only will the rescue community not trust them but also will refuse to work with them (for a number of reasons).

Rescue isn't just pulling dogs from pounds- it's working with other people and if you can't do that like an adult, you're probably not going to last long anyway.

I can understand the reaction by Needy Paws. Why did the question necessarily need to be asked here?

I think we all need to stop and think sometimes.

Needy Paws, I'd quit with the 'legal advice' line because anyone who knows anything knows that to try and claim defamation or similar is impossible unless you have a) unlimited amounts of money and b) can prove that the comments caused undue harm.

Apart from a website I was viewing recently, I am yet to see one example of defamation that could be worthy of taking on, and that includes ludicrous claims aimed at me over the years. :laugh:

Beautifully said Garnali!

I'd love to know more about a new group that's helping to save dogs.

Welcome Needy Paws rescue & Kenreb..

:welcome:

DOL is a resource tool for many carers and rescue groups throughout australia..

As a new member would you like to introduce yourselves and of course how we can contact your members.

Some things that other people might like to know are :

Where are you based..?

Are you a breed specific rescue..?

What is the major focus of your group..? I.e. cats, dogs, sick animals, working dogs, small dogs etc..

How can other carers/ groups help you?

This would enable other members to contact you regarding a needy animal in your area.

Thanks..

Heaven forbid that some individuals or groups may not use DOL. :laugh:

Is there some rule that states if you want to be accepted as legitimate you must frequent this forum and pass muster here? Read a thread like this and it is easy to see why some would choose to keep away.

DOL is good resource but it is not where all things dog start and finish.

We need more caring and enthusiastic people helping the dogs no matter where their shopfront is.

I can understand the reaction by Needy Paws. Why did the question necessarily need to be asked here?

The cynics among us and those who've been around for a while probably know why.

DOL is good resource but it is not where all things dog start and finish.

We need more caring and enthusiastic people helping the dogs no matter where their shopfront is.

Well said, Crisovar.