Hawkesbury Pound

Just to answer them putting up their own photo's and temp notes, they delete their old photo and temp notes especially the ones used from DOL, am more than happy to send you those as well to show they have continually used temp notes and photo's when asked not to.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone tell me what has happened to the Hawkesbury pound thread in the urgent section?

There isn't one for this week despite the fact I've heard of some dogs in urgent need.

Thanks.

This was the start of this thread

It was answered by kelscats then progressed from there To be twisted and taken out of context

And rather than just state the facts was allowed to carryon impliying some sort of staff involvement And problem at hawkesbury when there is none

As I have said staff have no control over any social network site

I am very aware and sympathetic to problems that have arisen between the two sites but do not get involved

Staff just get on with it

As I have repeatedly stated any enquiries about any animal can be answered by pound staff

Pcc 1029 was not a rehomeable dog and staff had witnessed issues with other dogs and some people

And was PTs for those reasons not because of anyone or any site or any reference from anyone other than staff experiences with the dog

Nic has stated that she was always welcome at hawkesbury by staff so has Kel so that's my beef sorted

As before and happy if time permittes to update ,bump,and assist a hawkesbury thread anyway possible

Moody iPhones tiny keys fat fingers

Edited by kidspirit

Yes I knew about the photo issue

I was told when i asked why no dol thread was up

That's out of my control

Yes I have a Facebook page and see other Facebook pages by many rescuers but don't comment on them as I'm busy checking my family and keeping up with what my own kids are doing

There is no secret to what's going on at hawkesbury we are all head down arse up feeding cleaning caring for and rehoming dogs and cats that's it

We ring rescue groups as I've said about dogs that need help

And no no rehomeable dogs have been PTs

But no dol thread along with the gossip and scandle has meant we have to work much harder to achieve this

This is hard to put up with when we did nothing wrong

Anyone that's looked at the pound rounds page can see they take their own photos and notes

And as I've said anyone can look at the hawkesbury council website to see what is impounded then phone staff with any questions it's that simple just phone

Perhaps use our website rather than someone else's Facebook page then you can get information direct from the shelter

This is the only way to get the most up to date facts

And avoid confusion

Dismissive remarks make it that much harder, can you not see that. "gossip and scandal" it isn't just gossip and scandal. The fact the pound knows of the issue and it is not a secret, then why act like you didn't know why it was stopped? Yes, pounds are busy and cannot deal with the issues going on, but pretending to not know (your quote "Talk the truth there is no DOL thread due to politics") so I say to you, talk the truth....

There has been a whole lot of stress and negativity brought on since the photo and temp issue, people didn't stop the HP DOL thread because they wanted to, they just didn't want to be associated with Pound Rounds and keep it unbiased I suggest you have a talk with the people involved and hear what they have been through due to this, that is where my sympathy lies, and with the dogs and cats that have been affected.

The blame has not been put on the pound but the people who do not want to work with pound rounds in any way shape or form. As if that is a crime, as if that is unmanageable. It is relatively bloody simple, yet because this group have a self entitled movement they disrespect anyone else's opinions or rights to not want to work with them.

As Blacktown List has suggested HP website is not up to date, take from that what you will (am not saying it is true or not I have no clue) but if that is the case this going to make things difficult and a lot of unnecessary calls being made. DOL was a good way to keep up with what dogs were needing help, between the pound and the volunteers it worked well.

At this point it sounds like contacting the pound is the best option.

This was the list of dogs I saw needed rescue by the 16th of Feb on their social networking site

"HAWKESBURY POUND KILL LIST THURSDAY 16 FEBRUARY 2012

PLEASE EMAIL URGENTLY (deleted the email address)

PCC 118 male JRT x cattle dog 1 yr

PCC 152 female greyhound 1.5 yrs, surrendered

PCC 151 female rottweiler 4yrs, desexed

HCC 112 male staffy 5 months

HCC 118 female JRT 5 years

PCC 127 white maltese x - RESCUE ONLY

Please help with donations - we need support to save these babies today."

Yes true a DOL thread about the dogs was a great asset

And as you stated it was because of photos that there is no thread

That had nothing to do with staff so why not cut that line of thread off imeadiatly and correct them Rather than let it carryon

I know you can say that's not your responsibility and true it's not but this should be an informed site

I don't need to be sent the link as that has nothing to do with me

Staff have to remain impartial and rightly so

But a bit of fairness towards us would be good

As I've said staff are more than happy to assist with information with this site just ask

No there have since been threads up and going on HP dogs this year, did you know of the photo issue? If so who would have brought that to the pounds attention?

I am guessing there has been no thread as dogs are safe, maybe you could shed some light on if there has been dogs pts (because the only way I have been able to follow any dogs from HP was on the social networking site and they are a bit dramatic and no real follow up on what happens to dogs is known - as in if any were pts etc).

It was not put onto HP staff about the photo's, it was about what happened this week I only just mentioned the photo's in my last post!! I hardly know the position of HP on any of what has been going on, (one would hope it was impartial), so I am unable to say what (if any) position HP plays in this so unable to cut anything off nor speak for them. You seem to be able to do that as you work there, I don't and have no idea of the internal politics of a pound nor is it my problem.

From what I see

It has been said that there is a monopolisation of a pound to one group of people. That has not been said that is the pounds fault. It has been directed by Blacktown List that there was 5 issues and 3 & 4 caused issue 5 :confused: wish they would clear some things up.

Wish people would start realising people are actually truly confused to what is going on and answers are hard to come by these days.

EDITED TO ADD - I do know of one dog pts this year thanks to the social networking site and I am sure they took the photo of the dog off DOL and blamed them not having photo's to share from DOL that the dog was pts - talking of blame - it would actually be nice for it being stopped being put on volunteers that go and do their best to then see crap like that, just because they do not want a group profiteering from their photo's and changing temp notes

What dog ?

PCC1029 I can send you the lovely photo put up by Melanie Norman with her accusations of Poundlist DOL being at fault if needed.

You wonder why it has gotten this bad, and you feel the need to defend HP and their staff, imagine how it feels after years of volunteering and doing a DOL thread trying to help the dogs and cats to then start getting the crap she has been writing about others - all because of not wanting to associate with her group, it would wear you down and everyone that volunteers any time to pounds and photo's etc have lives too that need time spent on it and do their bloody best to do things they way they feel is along the lines with their morals and ethics only to be repetitively get public and private attacks by a group of people who are upset over not wanting them to use the photo's and notes provided on DOL as an independent group. People give up and find other ways to help sometimes and I fear that eventually it will lead to a permanent state because people can only take so much abuse. Such a mountain over a mole hill if only they could accept the word 'no'!

EDITED TO ADD - they have now copyrighted their photo's just to throw in a bit of irony for you

Yet again you post like the staff at hawkesbury have something to do with these issues and you know that this is just not the truth

I asked you to speak up about why the thread has been disrupted and you did

Then you seem offended that I stuck up for myself( as I am staff ) and somehow think That made me responsible and one of the baddies

Then . Say I don't know what people on here have gone through did you read the bit when I said nic and Kel are amongst my dearest friends ? So forgive my sarcasime but I do know very bloody well how much heart break it bought

So yet again I must say the staff have not caused these problems and remain completely impartial

So any information that you need about any dog ring the shelter direct to get the best up to date accurate information

And avoid any confusion

Yes I knew about the photo issue

I was told when i asked why no dol thread was up

That's out of my control

Yes I have a Facebook page and see other Facebook pages by many rescuers but don't comment on them as I'm busy checking my family and keeping up with what my own kids are doing

There is no secret to what's going on at hawkesbury we are all head down arse up feeding cleaning caring for and rehoming dogs and cats that's it

We ring rescue groups as I've said about dogs that need help

And no no rehomeable dogs have been PTs

But no dol thread along with the gossip and scandle has meant we have to work much harder to achieve this

This is hard to put up with when we did nothing wrong

Anyone that's looked at the pound rounds page can see they take their own photos and notes

And as I've said anyone can look at the hawkesbury council website to see what is impounded then phone staff with any questions it's that simple just phone

Perhaps use our website rather than someone else's Facebook page then you can get information direct from the shelter

And avoid confusion

Dismissive remarks make it that much harder, can you not see that. "gossip and scandal" it isn't just gossip and scandal. The fact the pound knows of the issue and it is not a secret, then why act like you didn't know why it was stopped? Yes, pounds are busy and cannot deal with the issues going on, but pretending to not know (your quote "Talk the truth there is no DOL thread due to politics") so I say to you, talk the truth....

There has been a whole lot of stress and negativity brought on since the photo and temp issue, people didn't stop the HP DOL thread because they wanted to, they just didn't want to be associated with Pound Rounds and keep it unbiased I suggest you have a talk with the people involved and hear what they have been through due to this, that is where my sympathy lies, and with the dogs and cats that have been affected.

The blame has not been put on the pound but the people who do not want to work with pound rounds in any way shape or form. As if that is a crime, as if that is unmanageable. It is relatively bloody simple, yet because this group have a self entitled movement they disrespect anyone else's opinions or rights to not want to work with them.

As Blacktown List has suggested HP website is not up to date, take from that what you will (am not saying it is true or not I have no clue) but if that is the case this going to make things difficult and a lot of unnecessary calls being made. DOL was a good way to keep up with what dogs were needing help, between the pound and the volunteers it worked well.

At this point it sounds like contacting the pound is the best option.

This was the list of dogs I saw needed rescue by the 16th of Feb on their social networking site

Yes true a DOL thread about the dogs was a great asset

And as you stated it was because of photos that there is no thread

That had nothing to do with staff so why not cut that line of thread off imeadiatly and correct them Rather than let it carryon

I know you can say that's not your responsibility and true it's not but this should be an informed site

I don't need to be sent the link as that has nothing to do with me

Staff have to remain impartial and rightly so

But a bit of fairness towards us would be good

As I've said staff are more than happy to assist with information with this site just ask

No there have since been threads up and going on HP dogs this year, did you know of the photo issue? If so who would have brought that to the pounds attention?

I am guessing there has been no thread as dogs are safe, maybe you could shed some light on if there has been dogs pts (because the only way I have been able to follow any dogs from HP was on the social networking site and they are a bit dramatic and no real follow up on what happens to dogs is known - as in if any were pts etc).

It was not put onto HP staff about the photo's, it was about what happened this week I only just mentioned the photo's in my last post!! I hardly know the position of HP on any of what has been going on, (one would hope it was impartial), so I am unable to say what (if any) position HP plays in this so unable to cut anything off nor speak for them. You seem to be able to do that as you work there, I don't and have no idea of the internal politics of a pound nor is it my problem.

From what I see

It has been said that there is a monopolisation of a pound to one group of people. That has not been said that is the pounds fault. It has been directed by Blacktown List that there was 5 issues and 3 & 4 caused issue 5 :confused: wish they would clear some things up.

Wish people would start realising people are actually truly confused to what is going on and answers are hard to come by these days.

EDITED TO ADD - I do know of one dog pts this year thanks to the social networking site and I am sure they took the photo of the dog off DOL and blamed them not having photo's to share from DOL that the dog was pts - talking of blame - it would actually be nice for it being stopped being put on volunteers that go and do their best to then see crap like that, just because they do not want a group profiteering from their photo's and changing temp notes

What dog ?

PCC1029 I can send you the lovely photo put up by Melanie Norman with her accusations of Poundlist DOL being at fault if needed.

You wonder why it has gotten this bad, and you feel the need to defend HP and their staff, imagine how it feels after years of volunteering and doing a DOL thread trying to help the dogs and cats to then start getting the crap she has been writing about others - all because of not wanting to associate with her group, it would wear you down and everyone that volunteers any time to pounds and photo's etc have lives too that need time spent on it and do their bloody best to do things they way they feel is along the lines with their morals and ethics only to be repetitively get public and private attacks by a group of people who are upset over not wanting them to use the photo's and notes provided on DOL as an independent group. People give up and find other ways to help sometimes and I fear that eventually it will lead to a permanent state because people can only take so much abuse. Such a mountain over a mole hill if only they could accept the word 'no'!

EDITED TO ADD - they have now copyrighted their photo's just to throw in a bit of irony for you

Yet again you post like the staff at hawkesbury have something to do with these issues and you know that this is just not the truth

I asked you to speak up about why the thread has been disrupted and you did

Then you seem offended that I stuck up for myself( as I am staff ) and somehow think That made me responsible and one of the baddies

Then . Say I don't know what people on here have gone through did you read the bit when I said nic and Kel are amongst my dearest friends ? So forgive my sarcasime but I do know very bloody well how much heart break it bought

So yet again I must say the staff have not caused these problems and remain completely impartial

So any information that you need about any dog ring the shelter direct to get the best up to date accurate information

And avoid any confusion

This is just getting childish. Please show me where I have said in that last post it was the pound staffs fault.

I have been answering your questions or attempting to show you what has been happening, really simple, it shows how this issue has snowballed and become so difficult and how people ceasing to do the thread have been given a lot of grief from one particular group.

Since you are aware of that, you would know I am not saying the grief came from the pound. So stop trying to say everyone is having a dig at HP staff. You have clarified HP staffs stance on the matter numerous times. I am pretty sure I acknowledged that a while back.

I hope there is a way forward for a DOL HP thread, it seems Blacktown list is having a go at it, maybe that will give time for things to settle down.

Will add a disclaimer in here - in no way am I suggesting the above information is accusing HP staff of having a hand in the issues that are on going.

One group seems to have a hold on the pound and nobody else can get close.

Shame really, cos there's an actual group of honest people who have already been doing it for some time.

One group does not have a hold on the pound, anyone, can rescue or adopt straight from the pound.

Is Hawkesbury limiting rescuers though? Who normally takes the pics and posts them on DOL, staff at Hawkesbury or a rescuer?

No HP is not limitimg rescuers, photos are taken by volunteers and at the moment it seems to be only kelscats.. Staff do not have time to take photos and list them on DOL or anywhere else. (I would have though you would already know this anne).

And who has done this previously? Is there a reason why it has stopped? Is it the pound that has stopped it?

Sounds like you have an issue with the pound?? No one has stopped it, and as stated about it has always been volunteers that take photos.

I don't think it's possible to run a Hawkesbury thread on DOL (or any other site) without having people on the ground, in the pound. The pound website doesn't provide much more than a due date. It's only the volunteers who are there talking to the staff who can find out about kill lists, adoption interest and definite saves.

It looks as though the people (such as Kelscats) were on the ground at Hawkesbury Pound have now no information except all the dogs are safe (which is great). Maybe you could let people know who is conactable regarding the Hawkesbury Pound since you seem to know the people that go there and how rescue can find out the dogs that need help.

People do not have to join DOL to see the dogs, but you have to join up to the social networking site.

From my understanding as well Blacktown List, the people representing themselves on the social networking site for Hawkesbury Pound have stated some rescues they will not work with. That they have their information as contact as first preference, unlike on DOL it was only pound contact information, not a 16D holder with numerous rescues associated with them that seem to be the same people (from the same social network page) just under a different names and very confusing and no real clarity on what they actually are in rescue.

If people are wondering why there are no answers and it all seems to be confusing, that is because it is and the social network group will not clearly tell people who or what they do. They ask for donations, foster carers, transport, vet costs, kennelling costs. But then state they are not a rescue.

Malti is is very easy for rescue to find out which dogs as in need, just pick up the phone and call.. 45606444...

Well there was at least one greyhound

‎152 PCC

surrendered due 14.02.12

greyhound one year old girl

that very nearly missed out. She went to FOTH at the very last minute - she certainly wasn't safe until the final hour

This girl had a save the day before PTS day.. It was not at the final hour.

So it is Hawkesbury Pound that are not forthcoming with information about dogs in need or is it someone acting on their behalf (officially or unofficially)?

Once again just pick up the phone and call.. Staff are very helpful and do everything possible to make sure that all dogs that are on the list get adopted or rescue.

Surely pound staff are using their own judgements though and calling specific rescues when needed? Why would they ignore other rescues if the dog is at risk?

Has anyone contacted pound management to express their concerns about dogs being left at risk with this method?

Are rescues failing to take to take appropriate action to resolve the problems faced? If management are not aware of issues they can't be expected to ensure that the issues are resolved.

Yes they are using their own judgements and ringing rescue groups when needed.

The issue at hand is the need to give the Hawkesbury dogs reliable exposure on DOL.

I understand the pound policy works like this: kill day is Thursday and every dog with a due date through to, and including, Thursday is under sentence of death. So they should be regarded as 'urgent' from Friday onwards.

Now it should be possible to keep track of the dogs in the pound by their due dates, and put up a list of the week's urgents on DOL on Sunday or Monday. But the photo gallery on the pound website is not a reliable database. Dogs are put in and dropped from the gallery at staff discretion; some never even make it onto the website. One thing that does help: there's an RSS feed of the gallery updates.

It seems that by Tuesday the pound staff are working with an informal list of dogs that have no adoption interest—that's as close as Hawkesbury gets to a Blacktown-style 'kill list'. This is where it's important to have a source (i.e. a volunteer) inside the pound—someone who gets to see the list, and who can find out which dogs do have names on them. As I've mentioned, there is another website where this information is published, and you don't need to have a membership on the site to see it.

Anyway, back to DOL: If time allows I'm going to put up that list of Hawkesbury's urgents at the start of each week. I will welcome anyone's contribution of info from inside the pound.

If and when dogs photos are removed from the site is because they either have gone home or have been adopted. You don't need a source inside the pound just pick up the phone..

The issue at hand is the need to give the Hawkesbury dogs reliable exposure on DOL.

I understand the pound policy works like this: kill day is Thursday and every dog with a due date through to, and including, Thursday is under sentence of death. So they should be regarded as 'urgent' from Friday onwards.

Now it should be possible to keep track of the dogs in the pound by their due dates, and put up a list of the week's urgents on DOL on Sunday or Monday. But the photo gallery on the pound website is not a reliable database. Dogs are put in and dropped from the gallery at staff discretion; some never even make it onto the website. One thing that does help: there's an RSS feed of the gallery updates.

It seems that by Tuesday the pound staff are working with an informal list of dogs that have no adoption interest—that's as close as Hawkesbury gets to a Blacktown-style 'kill list'. This is where it's important to have a source (i.e. a volunteer) inside the pound—someone who gets to see the list, and who can find out which dogs do have names on them. As I've mentioned, there is another website where this information is published, and you don't need to have a membership on the site to see it.

Anyway, back to DOL: If time allows I'm going to put up that list of Hawkesbury's urgents at the start of each week. I will welcome anyone's contribution of info from inside the pound.

Why is the list unable to be put up by the volunteers that go to Hawkesbury Pound? Kelscats has said her latest experience and that others know that some dogs were at risk of being put to sleep.

Who would you be Blacktown List? Are you a representative of the group on the social networking page, as you seem to be able to get the put to sleep list when others on the ground at Hawkebury pound are no longer allowed to see? What happens when you don't have time to do a Hawkesbury Pound list even though Kelscats states she was at the pound and could have met the dogs?

This seems to have happened just before Christmas and now the dogs are the ones that are suffering. Exactly what people were worried about in the first place. Putting a hold on a dog to stop he/she being put to sleep is a risky move by whoever does that, they risk pounds refusing to hold dogs over if not collected before pts time, if their hold continually falls through.

Where did kelscats say that from her lastes experience at the pound dogs were at risk of been pts..

Blacktoen List, thanks. The offer of putting up a list here will help people in the interim.

Malti, while I can understand what you are saying I think you need to recognise that Hawkesbury pound staff hold ultimate responsibility here, not any other rescue.

If Hawksbury's system is such that one organisation can tentatively hold most of the dogs, and the system shows it can be tenuous at best, then Hawkesbury need to be alerted to the potential problems.

I wouldn't think that it is a sustainable system.

Once again anyone can get the pts list..

Blacktoen List, thanks. The offer of putting up a list here will help people in the interim.

Malti, while I can understand what you are saying I think you need to recognise that Hawkesbury pound staff hold ultimate responsibility here, not any other rescue.

If Hawksbury's system is such that one organisation can tentatively hold most of the dogs, and the system shows it can be tenuous at best, then Hawkesbury need to be alerted to the potential problems.

I wouldn't think that it is a sustainable system.

I realise it is the pound that is ultimately responsible, but I think the rescue or whatever they are, have a hand in what is now happening and wish it could be clarified who do people go to, to help with the HP dogs. With what has gone on since Christmas nothing is being achieved and now seems one group of people that say they aren't rescue are now monopolised the situation to where to get any information you need to go through them. Yes again, it is the pound that is failing but I also refuse to believe that it has nothing to do with this group of people wanting it that way too, rather than them doing what they do and the other people who go to HP be allowed to continue what they have done. It is a really sad thing to see what people have worked at for years to be ceased and be told what Kelscats was.

I have seen them running after many different names on the social networking site, I have no clue as to why they do this except maybe for people to not know they are working with the one but group with different names.

I am just wondering why Blacktown List is now involved again with being able to find out when it seems Kelscats was at HP and was told there was no list. Are they with the rescue/people that has this information? If not I don't think it is appropriate to write under a group name (such as PL or BTL) without identifying it is an individual's opinion rather than implicating other members of that list as it being their opinion too. Just my opinion on it anyway

The pound is failing?? Kelscats was told their was no pts list, because there were no dogs pts.

Have you raised your concerns directly with the pound staff?

I know what you are saying, I really do. However raiising the issue here does nothing to help or resolve the situation, and in fact, only increases the antagonism and angst.

No I haven't personally and it seems this is a new thing that has happened. I hope it is addressed and something can be sorted out. There is no reason why the people that have volunteered at HP for many years should now be unable to continue. I guess it is up to the pound to decide that.

Unfortunately the antagonism and angst is part of the problem if things were not happening that are stopping people from doing their own thing in rescue, there would be no reason for conflict. It has turned into a really sad situation that is still unfolding and so many people in rescue are being affected, people willing to help but are now being misinformed of what is going on just shows it is worsening rather than finding a happy medium where people are not forced to work with people they choose not to or blocked from volunteering for whatever reason.

I suppose my above comment may seem like it is antagonistic but I am just trying to give reasons for the comments made and that it is not just crying over spilt milk, there now seems to be a big problem occurring that is now truly affecting dogs in the pound (two that were at risk of the pts list, but someone was told otherwise). I feel really bad for the person and the dogs and do not understand why a new group appearing is having such a big affect on dogs in a pound, it is truly worrying.

I don't think malti has even rang the pound or spoken to a staff member, but she does write that rescuers are been misinformed and volunteers are blocked from volunteering, have you been mis informed by staff at HP, or blocked from volunteering malti??

Not sure why this discussion is still going as I have offered to do a thread, end of story.

But what has worried me from the beginning and not sure how we all are going to stop this is this listing and the part where they are asking for donations when they don't actually have the dogs and may never get them. To my way of thinking this is just a site collecting donations for nothing, you only have to look at their site to see it is all made up of asking for donations. For instant the jack is on their that I have rescued, also the greyhound, wonder if there were donations taken for them. Sorry but it all smells to me.

Not sure why this discussion is still going as I have offered to do a thread, end of story.

But what has worried me from the beginning and not sure how we all are going to stop this is this listing and the part where they are asking for donations when they don't actually have the dogs and may never get them. To my way of thinking this is just a site collecting donations for nothing, you only have to look at their site to see it is all made up of asking for donations. For instant the jack is on their that I have rescued, also the greyhound, wonder if there were donations taken for them. Sorry but it all smells to me.

I'm sure the ACCC would be interested. If I want to know about dogs at HP I make a phone call, I also know that HP actively call the groups I'm associated with. Some people/groups don't want ANY dog to be put to sleep - personally, I would rather a very aggressive dog is put to sleep (human or dog) than put back into society. I won't lament the passing of a dog like that. However I will weep over an innocent old dog that has been left in pain and agony for years and has to be put to sleep because it's too late ....

I'd like to see dogs that have names on them displayed with an asterisk on HP's website BUT having been name no. 6 on the list against a dog, I've been successful in rescuing the dog because all the other names dropped off. Some pounds don't work in this way but HP do and I think that is really proactive in the dog's favour.

Edited by dogmad

Thankyou dogmad

I think the asterix is a great idea and will definatley suggest it perhaps the asterix could be added when a dog has a rescue against it

That could avoid rescue confusion and avoid any dog slipping through the cracks

Thankyou Jill and black town list a DOL thread is a great asset to the animals at hawkesbury

Staff at hawkesbury have no control or say about any Internet site there is more than just the two we are talking about

Staff get calls from lots of different sites and answer all enquiries but are not responsible for them so if anyone has any questions regarding the animals just give us a call we are more than happy to help you because that helps us

And helps the dogs and cats

I

Now it should be possible to keep track of the dogs in the pound by their due dates, and put up a list of the week's urgents on DOL on Sunday or Monday. But the photo gallery on the pound website is not a reliable database. Dogs are put in and dropped from the gallery at staff discretion; some never even make it onto the website.

If and when dogs photos are removed from the site is because they either have gone home or have been adopted. You don't need a source inside the pound just pick up the phone..

Thanks for explaining that, MissMolly. Over the time that I was checking the site every day I saw several occurrences of dogs leaving the site for a while, then returning, and other events like the gallery going from four pages to two and back to four in the space of a few hours. I recollect also seeing kill lists that included dogs who had never been on the site (7 day impounds, not surrenders, judging from their PCC/HCC numbers). I've seen dogs leave the site over the weekend, only to appear on the following week's kill list.

Such things are only a problem for someone who's trying to use the site as the primary source for DOL thread updates. Calling the pound to double-check every departure isn't tenable, but catching e-mails updates volunteers takes care of it.

Update to the issues I summarised a few pages ago:

1. Allegation that the pound has appointed (de facto) one group as the rescue point-of-contact

Refuted by kidspirit and MissMolly. The posters should acknowledge this and retract the allegation.

2. Allegations that the appointed group is making errors

Cited cases (e.g. greyhound) refuted by kidspirit and MissMolly.

3. Allegation that certain other volunteers have been excluded from access to the dogs and cut out of the info loop

Refuted by kelscats, kidspirit and MissMolly. The posters should acknowledge this and retract the allegation.

4. Control of volunteers' photographs and temp notes after they've appeared on DOL

Ongoing concern for the affected volunteers. They are no longer posting their content on DOL.

5. Lack of a regular/reliable Hawkesbury thread on DOL

I'm happy to fill this gap and JRT RESCUE wants to as well.

So how about those retractions, and maybe an apology to the pound staff?

Update to the issues I summarised a few pages ago:

1. Allegation that the pound has appointed (de facto) one group as the rescue point-of-contact

Refuted by kidspirit and MissMolly. The posters should acknowledge this and retract the allegation.

No, it is believed a group have appointed themselves to be in the middle as point of contact. That still remains an issue, and one that has been stated over and over again as not being the pounds control. This issue is on going and I believe a few have stated this concern and in no way is that resolved or been seen as anything different.

2. Allegations that the appointed group is making errors

Cited cases (e.g. greyhound) refuted by kidspirit and MissMolly.

Also stated they have misinformed people with pts lists and putting dogs up that are no longer needing rescue, that remains to be the case and proven by the current list they still have up.

3. Allegation that certain other volunteers have been excluded from access to the dogs and cut out of the info loop

Refuted by kelscats, kidspirit and MissMolly. The posters should acknowledge this and retract the allegation.

I believe certain volunteers are getting confused from what information is being given and what they see on a social networking site. I believe it to be the one you have wanted to put up but are unable to do so as you claim it is a banning offence.

I think this thread has made the point over and over that the best and only way at this point is to contact the pound directly.

4. Control of volunteers' photographs and temp notes after they've appeared on DOL

Ongoing concern for the affected volunteers. They are no longer posting their content on DOL.

I think you need to look back and see new threads have been started since the using of photographs and as Kelscats stated there were no dogs on pts list that were not safe and Nic B has also stated why she is not currently attending the pound that are not consistent with your 'allegation'.

5. Lack of a regular/reliable Hawkesbury thread on DOL

I'm happy to fill this gap and JRT RESCUE wants to as well.

I truly hope you do fill the gap, it is becoming impossible to know what dogs need rescue or adoption from any other way than going to the pound and that is not possible for some. I wait with anticipation for the thread to be up to date and able to answer questions people have.

So how about those retractions, and maybe an apology to the pound staff?

How many times does it have to be said. The pound is not being blamed. There has been questions about the pound which I think have been sufficiently answered (almost to the point of monotony). It seems clear that the pound is aware of issues beyond their control and are sympathetic and wanting like any pound staff do for the animals to get out of the pound safely.

Thank you Judge Blacktown List

Will end it here as all that seems to be happening is answering the same questions over and over, but when questions have been asked to you Blacktownlist you have successfully ignored those.

Phew, what a thread. It certainly takes some dissecting.

Well said Anne

Staff are very happy to answer any questions and assist any rescue that enquires so please just call the shelter

I am speaking for myself only all my posted and comments are my own personal views and opinions

Thanks for taking the time to add to the discussion. This issue is building and it is in my view a very important issue that needs to be sorted. Malti (I think) identified the feeling and that is that there is a shift at the pound, and I beleive at Blacktown also, and this is raising concerns.

Can I suggest then that you are more careful with how you phrase your statements. You frequently use 'we' and other such statements that make it seem like you are writing on behalf of the pound and not just from your own view point. I understand how easy that is to confuse though and am a regular offender myself. Sometimes I feel like adding a disclaimer to my sig that says just that. :laugh:

And avoid confusion

This is what I also believe is the most sensible and logical thing to do.

Dismissive remarks make it that much harder, can you not see that. "gossip and scandal" it isn't just gossip and scandal. The fact the pound knows of the issue and it is not a secret,

I agree that the pounds are aware of this ongoing issues and that it is building. I think that the issue needs to be brought to a satisfactory resolution. This doesn't seem to be something that will 'go away' and the fact that it involves many, many rescues and is not just the typical unrest that occurs is a concern.

I personally feel that some kind of negotiation or mediation needs to be considered.

Is Hawkesbury limiting rescuers though? Who normally takes the pics and posts them on DOL, staff at Hawkesbury or a rescuer?

No HP is not limitimg rescuers, photos are taken by volunteers and at the moment it seems to be only kelscats.. Staff do not have time to take photos and list them on DOL or anywhere else. (I would have though you would already know this anne).

My knowledge or lack of knowledge is not important. My aim in this thread is to clarify what is happening, not just for me, but for others reading.

Sounds like you have an issue with the pound?? No one has stopped it, and as stated about it has always been volunteers that take photos.

:laugh: Good grief. What is the point of your comments? Why would I have anything against the pound?

I can state here and now that you have very poorly captured my interest in this thread and I feel you need to reconsider your accusations because they're quite off course and I take great exception to them.

As I stated above, my intent is to clarify and, perhaps even, assist in some small way to resolve some issues.

So it is Hawkesbury Pound that are not forthcoming with information about dogs in need or is it someone acting on their behalf (officially or unofficially)?

Once again just pick up the phone and call.. Staff are very helpful and do everything possible to make sure that all dogs that are on the list get adopted or rescue.

Why would I do that? Again I'll say, that you've come in guns ablazing, and you're aiming at a target that doesn't exist. You have totally missed my intent and somehow arrived at the incorrect conclusion.

My statement, quoted above is an attempt to CLARIFY what the issue is. To have someone state CLEARLY what the issues is. I don't like the confusion and I know, through conversations I have had, that the ongoing and building tensions recently surrounding Hawkesbury and to a lesser extent Blacktown pounds is causing confusion and angst.

My knowledge or lack of knowledge is not important. My aim in this thread is to clarify what is happening, not just for me, but for others reading.

:laugh: Good grief. What is the point of your comments? Why would I have anything against the pound?

I can state here and now that you have very poorly captured my interest in this thread and I feel you need to reconsider your accusations because they're quite off course and I take great exception to them.

As I stated above, my intent is to clarify and, perhaps even, assist in some small way to resolve some issues.

Why would I do that? Again I'll say, that you've come in guns ablazing, and you're aiming at a target that doesn't exist. You have totally missed my intent and somehow arrived at the incorrect conclusion.

My statement, quoted above is an attempt to CLARIFY what the issue is. To have someone state CLEARLY what the issues is. I don't like the confusion and I know, through conversations I have had, that the ongoing and building tensions recently surrounding Hawkesbury and to a lesser extent Blacktown pounds is causing confusion and angst.

I understand that you and others want to clarify the issue, but i do not see how this can be done on a forum, the easiest way to to clarify again is to go straight to the source and in this case it would be HP.. I said to pick up the phone and ask staff because you and others were posting questions about how HP are or are not forth coming were on the PTS list and its volunteers.

Sorry if it was all guns blazing but I do know who hard staff work at the pound for the animals, and it really upset me that their are people that question how helpful the staff are etc..

I haven't questioned anything Miss Molly and I will again say you are way off base. I stated quite clearly on several occasions that if there are concerns they need to be directed to the pound..

Clearly you missed this.

Are you a pound employee? Is that why you feel so defensive perhaps.

Of course this issue can be clarified in a discussion here. There are hundreds reading these threads trying to cut through the bickering and trying to determine what all the angst is about.

As you or I cannot control who asks what questions or makes what statements, the best that can happen is that the issues are clearly articulated. I was asking deliberate questions in order to clarify the issue

Anyway, moving on, I am not crticising anyone, any organisation or any person. I strongly suggest that if people have concerns about any pound that they put their concerns in writing in a clear and reasonable manner. This also stands for concerns about improper fund raising. Put your concerns in writing to the appropriate org. Speak directly with the source and not through 3rd parties.