Too Many Breeds....

Dame Aussie

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've grown up with various terrier rescues from the RSPCA and pounds. I have a mini schnauzer now and he is my first dog as a grown up! :) I'm training him up in obedience and once my knee is better agility. I would like to get into showing with my next dog and don't realistically think I'd be able to maintain a mini handstripped for shows much as I love them and so am currently beginning my research for the next dog (I think 2 or 3 years away - it's never too early to start right? ) It's crazy how many breeds I like, but as to what would suit...I'm looking at Field Spaniels, English Springer Spaniels,Welsh Springer Spaniels and Aussuie Shepherds. Who knows what I'll end up with though!

Ive grown up with labs and my golden boy but I want to try and own as many different breeds as possible just to make life interesting :) I'm hoping we get a house at the end of the year so I can convince oh to get another dog but I told him he can choose the breed so might end up with a sibe or great Dane lpl

I've got my perfect main breed. I will always have a Toller or two or three :)

I do plan on definately getting an Aussie and a Pap one day. There are a few other breeds I would love to own eventually and that list keeps growing unfortunately rather than diminishing!

I grew up with Dobermans and I will always love them but we have recently added a new pup to our pack and based on her and her parents and the other dogs of her breed that we have met we will stick with them from now on. Absolutely outstanding temperament, personality and adorable too! So it is Australian Bulldogs for us from now on, however we have decided when we get 'old' we want to have French Bulldogs.

I have always wanted an Afghan Hound and I also love Pointers but will probably never own one of either. OH would love a Pug one day too.

I'm still crazy about BC's, my next dog will be another one then I want to start looking at Malinois.

I'd also one day like to own a Kelpie (or a few), Borzoi, Greyhound, Bullmastiff, Pug, Rottweiler, German Shorthaired Pointer, Field Lab, Field ESS.

Need to stop looking at other breeds.

your husband is a smart man :) Nothing beats the Brittany bundle of love

She already has OH convinced after a week! :) That's okay we can have our dogs in "pairs". OH argument is "you can do agility/tracking/obedience with my Brittany but I can't take your BC hunting!". Truly versatile then :)

CaseyKay, I agree with Ralleyvalley :) In a couple of years Scout might have you convinced too :laugh:

After meeting my Brittany I never want to own another breed - truly perfection in a dog :thumbsup:

I grew up with border collies and OH grew up with border collies and currently have the three BC girls. We recently got OH's Brittany pup. He has wanted one for a very long time but it is really interesting having a breed quite different from your usual. In a few years when Gael who is 2.5 years and the pup are grown up and sensible and the seniors are gone I will get a BC pup again. Just so many things I love about the breed.

I struggle to find a range of breeds!!

Have a BC, used to have another. Aussie Sheps are my 2nd breed of choice. After that there's none I want to keep at the moment, although lots I like to look at.

I can't even make a decision at the moment between a BC or an Aussie for my next dog, and I want one fairly soon!!!

I love my greyhounds and I'm not old or retired :shrug:

I love your Greyhounds just from the pics in your siggie Stans mum :laugh: :love:

Thanks Aussie,they have really taken to their retirement by the sea don't you think? :laugh:

I love my greyhounds and I'm not old or retired :shrug:

I love your Greyhounds just from the pics in your siggie Stans mum :laugh: :love:

Thanks Aussie,they have really taken to their retirement by the sea don't you think? :laugh:

:laugh: I can't wait to get one!! OH likes them too so I won't even have to convince him ;)

I do like the variety pack....so far a Beagle, ACD, Dalmatian and field bred ESS.

I would have another Dally (LUA preferably) and a house full of Springers. There's not another Spaniel breed I am quite so taken with. I'd love a working Irish Setter one day but that's a whole other head space I suspect :laugh:

I will always own an Aussie Terrier or two (or three or four) but since being on DOL I've fallen in love with Salukis!! They are such gorgeous, regal looking dogs and I'd love to try my hand owning and showing one day.

I've also always wanted a Norwich Terrier, which I think will be my next puppy and I'm also very determined to own an Old English Sheepdog one day as I swear I've wanted one since birth!! ;)However that will have to wait until I move to the UK as I don't think it's fair keeping one in Aus with their coat.