Natural Kong Fillings?

I'm sure there was a Woody Harrelson movie made a few years ago that should give you some tips...."Natural Kong Fillers"

ETA: I gave myself a chortle when I first thought of this, but now I have read it back, it is quite lame. Probably one of the reasons I rarely post...

Edited by Fudo

We use fruit, veg, tinned fish, yogurt, cottage cheese, peanut butter (is a fave)...

We also freeze turkey necks and brisket bones - keeps them happy for a while.

Freezing home made stock with treats in it, in ice cream containers so he has to work for it...

I'm sure there was a Woody Harrelson movie made a few years ago that should give you some tips...."Natural Kong Fillers"

ETA: I gave myself a chortle when I first thought of this, but now I have read it back, it is quite lame. Probably one of the reasons I rarely post...

:rofl: made me laugh :laugh:

I "melt" some vegemite in hot water and freeze it in the kong, usually with some chicken pieces or meat pieces in it. Stock probably works the same, but I'm vegetarian so don't keep stock in the house, and everyonee has vegemite!

I also do fruit and yoghurt frozen, or chopped carrot and peanut butter. Literally anything you can fit in it!

Thanks for the replies everyone! Don't know why I didn't think of any of these. Holly will love the banana and yogurt :thumbsup:

Went and bought them a Kong each this ave and stuck a little peanut butter and sultanas in it :eat: They loved it!

Frozen stock will go down well too!

Thanks muchly! :D

Edited by sjp118

Thanks for the replies everyone! Don't know why I didn't think of any of these. Holly will love the banana and yogurt :thumbsup:

Went and bought them a Kong each this ave and stuck a little peanut butter and sultanas in it :eat: They loved it!

Frozen stock will go down well too!

Thanks muchly! :D

Careful on sultanas, dried fruit is on the "no go" list for dogs.

Abbeys favorite (and only filling I've tried) is banana yoghurt and kibble frozen...... Although she has worked out if she leaves it in the sun goes and gets up to mischief and comes back its nice and melted and easy to eat...... Damn smart Labradors laugh.gifbanghead.gif

Billie 'bounces' kongs on the ground to dislodge the food so I try and cram large items in that involve more work to get out. Sizeable pieces of meat work well if you can get them in there in the first place...she bounces and bounces (from progressively higher places) before resigning to chewing the food out.

Billie 'bounces' kongs on the ground to dislodge the food so I try and cram large items in that involve more work to get out. Sizeable pieces of meat work well if you can get them in there in the first place...she bounces and bounces (from progressively higher places) before resigning to chewing the food out.

Billie is smart!! lmao Gus just licks and digs at his kong and if it doesnt come out he gives up.

Just off topic a little, what type of yoghurt do people put in there to freeze?? Jager isnt a huge fan of the natural yoghurt, would it be okay to put some of the flavoured ones in there with some kibble??

Also, how do you plug the little hole at the bottom??

:rofl: My little one does this as well. She also knows that pavement is better than grass for bouncin' things out. My older dog just licks.