Should We Disclose A Foster Dogs Past When Being Rehomed?.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yep - but even without donations they are still operating un professionally and immorally if they are placing dogs without giving their full history and that in itself has a huge impact on whether people have the desire to take a rescue dog from anyone.

Anyone who donates to unknown people on a Facebook page, no matter how sad it may sound, needs their head read.

I agree to a degree, lol.

I have donated to SSR & RWL but I must say I followed & spoke to the lovely people there first. I totally support/supply AMRAA Auction Fundraising. I have offered to donate knitted doggie coats to others.

It has been uplifting to come across some wonderful people in the rescue pages I follow - I think rescue people most amazing & wish I was rich to give a whole lot more.

Getting back to PR - their ethics are just so very wrong. When I first came across them I was sorely tempted to send a donation, you really so think you are going to help the animal. Fortunately I scrolled through & saw the attitude of replies & backed away.

It is just so wrong & surely must give the wrong impression of rescues, once the person has realised they have been taken for a ride.

Any person or group that accepts donations(whether you ask or not), fund raise for whatever purpose, even if it is going straight to your vet account is required by law to have a CFN, this I found out right at the beginning when I first started to do rescue for jacks as I had an appointment with the Gaming and Licensing board and they came out and explained it all to me. If you don't have that then anybody can be reported to this board.

And with that you are required to have a Committee of 3 people, bank account, constitution and when you apply you have to state who your auditor is and have a letter from them.

When you apply for Tax exempt and Charity Status the committee increases and also you need an extra bank account for the donations to go in.

I would think the ATO would also be interested if you are receiving money.

Edited by JRT RESCUE

Any person or group that accepts donations(whether you ask or not), fund raise for whatever purpose, even if it is going straight to your vet account is required by law to have a CFN, this I found out right at the beginning when I first started to do rescue for jacks as I had an appointment with the Gaming and Licensing board and they came out and explained it all to me. If you don't have that then anybody can be reported to this board.

And with that you are required to have a Committee of 3 people, bank account, constitution and when you apply you have to state who your auditor is and have a letter from them.

When you apply for Tax exempt and Charity Status the committee insists and also you need an extra bank account for the donations to go in.

I would think the ATO would also be interested if you are receiving money.

Edited by Steve

I think another area that has not been touched on is the welfare & future of the dog that is now in the hands of this group. What now ? What is the next step in the scheme of things. I have contacted Parramatta council whose responible for the area that the attack happened. I have spoken & taken steps to have the dog declared dangerous but as the event was not in any way connected to me apart from the fact he was rescued originally from an organisation i fostered for & was in my care for 2 months.It is in a grey area. I have emailed this council as well. There is a woman there who has the details & i have her direct number. To be rehomed in the manner they are promoting is sickening. Please do not think i have a grudge against the dog as i feel that she has been let down enough already.

I think another area that has not been touched on is the welfare & future of the dog that is now in the hands of this group. What now ? What is the next step in the scheme of things. I have contacted Parramatta council whose responible for the area that the attack happened. I have spoken & taken steps to have the dog declared dangerous but as the event was not in any way connected to me apart from the fact he was rescued originally from an organisation i fostered for & was in my care for 2 months.It is in a grey area. I have emailed this council as well. There is a woman there who has the details & i have her direct number. To be rehomed in the manner they are promoting is sickening. Please do not think i have a grudge against the dog as i feel that she has been let down enough already.

I am guessing like many incidence this group have been involved in it will be swept under the carpet and deleted like it never happened. The people that can do the most are the ones this happened to, I hope kizzyneo may work with you on reporting this incident to the local council and the DLG, the two authorities that can address the issue at hand.

Anyone who donates to unknown people on a Facebook page, no matter how sad it may sound, needs their head read.

I agree, and to me it is no different than the Nigerian lottery scams that people still get sucked into :eek:

Maree

CPR

I would imagine it has been deleted. I had a look and the first thing that came to mind was "defamation". The trouble with starting a page like that and having an open forum is you can't stop people writing inflammatory posts.