Should We Disclose A Foster Dogs Past When Being Rehomed?.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why did they not get a professional to assess the dog in the first place instead of placing it with unqualified carers who imo played a dangerous game by having this dog with small dogs. Even if they think it is all lies in regard to the attack. Think is the operative word in this case or should i say denial. They could have used some of the money from their hard earned donations from Joe public to pay for this dogs assessment instead of sending her interstate to god knows who. They disgust me to the point where i do not think that they should be allowed to operate in the self appointed role they have given themselves.

Why did they not get a professional to assess the dog in the first place instead of placing it with unqualified carers who imo played a dangerous game by having this dog with small dogs. Even if they think it is all lies in regard to the attack. Think is the operative word in this case or should i say denial. They could have used some of the money from their hard earned donations from Joe public to pay for this dogs assessment instead of sending her interstate to god knows who. They disgust me to the point where i do not think that they should be allowed to operate in the self appointed role they have given themselves.

Going by that facebook page I would say that Shmoo is probably right. They lack the insight and intelligence to know why procedures should be followed and so feel they are doing a great job by sending dogs here, there and everywhere out of pounds. And because they feel so victimised, they are not going to take advice from anyone.

Steve I don't know the people involved, but people only need insurance if they have something to protect, and these people may literally have nothing to lose by selling dangerous dogs. Which is why it is so surprising that the council is offering a verbal assurance of the safety of this particular dog. Councils can be sued for millions.

Going by that facebook page I would say that Shmoo is probably right. They lack the insight and intelligence to know why procedures should be followed and so feel they are doing a great job by sending dogs here, there and everywhere out of pounds. And because they feel so victimised, they are not going to take advice from anyone.

Steve I don't know the people involved, but people only need insurance if they have something to protect, and these people may literally have nothing to lose by selling dangerous dogs. Which is why it is so surprising that the council is offering a verbal assurance of the safety of this particular dog. Councils can be sued for millions.

And the interesting thing is that they take NO responsibility for the dogs they "rescue", they say the pound staff have assessed them and know them to be worth saving. This is rubbish. I'm waiting for the day when these councils are sued for it is surely coming soon.

And the interesting thing is that they take NO responsibility for the dogs they "rescue", they say the pound staff have assessed them and know them to be worth saving. This is rubbish. I'm waiting for the day when these councils are sued for it is surely coming soon.

And in the process making it harder for genuine Rescue to do what they do best. There's a reason some pounds do not want or like to work with Rescue - and it comes from bad experiences.

This is leading up to one monumental bad experience.

And in the process making it harder for genuine Rescue to do what they do best. There's a reason some pounds do not want or like to work with Rescue - and it comes from bad experiences.

*LIKE*

T.

I'm waiting for the day when these councils are sued for it is surely coming soon.

Yep its coming alright - problem is we have to wait until someone gets hurt and mad enough to do something about it first

But I cant see how they are going to avoid it if things remain the same.

It takes rescue back years and puts all of the hard work and promises about how rescue wont place dogs in homes without being sure they are good to go on the line.

Just came across this by accident

http://www.facebook....RescueHatePages

That's quite impressively unprofessional. Let's hope that tactic prompts many people to find other rescue groups to support.

That page is gold. :coffeesplurk: And still harping on about Pound List photos as well because they can't be bothered going in and getting their own.

I've said it before...heavy handed bullying and attacks on a small group of women who put in time and effort for the dogs, not so one rescue-but-not-rescue can use the images to cyber beg.

Why can they not take their own? This is one question that goes unanswered.

re Insurance: All they have is an ABN and a NSW specific CFN.

They aren't registered with ASIC so the individual members and particularly the clause holder are open to be sued the day a dog comes back to bite them. Which will happen. Because they certainly don't use due diligence, temp test or take heed of pound advice like a dog being impounded for poor temperament.

How can they be held responsible when they only pass info on?

They get a foster for a dog, find a rescue to take it on & openly state that the rescue then takes all responsibility. Leaves them in the clear, unfortunately.

A friend of a friend just fostered via them, no house/yard check, no assessment with her little kiddies, dog & cat. They did not check her out nor did the rescue group.

The hate pages & the pretend people they put up on f/b is so transparent. I know a few people who have asked pertinent questions & they have been blocked with comments deleted.

A recent comment I saw them post was Blacktown had not killed a dog in months...next comment KILL LIST, these dogs will die today, donate to save!!!!!!

yep they have the perfect system but sooner or later someone is going to have to be accountable if a dog is put into a home and bites someone or another animal. If its the pound that knows the issues and with holds that info before letting the animal go they are it and anyone who is saying the dog has been temp tested and is no threat is in the firing line if the dog isnt what they tell the new owner what it really is.

So perhaps the main issue isnt pound rounds and it is rather the peopel wh are just letting dogs out without caring what they are capable of or where they go.

It is for this reason I cant see that NSW can hold off much longer in introducing laws to control shelters and pounds , private rescue etc.

Much as I hate the thought of new laws - how else can the community be protected ?

Hmmm... how about the PR representative who forged a genuine rescuer's signature to spring a dog from a pound under that rescue's name... without notifying said rescue...

Everyone who has a 16D should and is legit rescue should be making sure that all pounds they deal with know exactly who is allowed to use their clause to get animals out of said pounds - and no exceptions unless prior arrangement by the clause holder is established.

How are we to know what animals have been sprung under various rescue's names without our knowledge if all paperwork is handed to the person taking the animal? Might be an idea to contact DLG and find out how many animals they have listed under your rescue's name... because if these people have done it once, they may have done it many more times... and who is accountable when the DLG ask for your records at the end of the year?

T.

Oh - and my rescue is on their hate list because we have some kennels and refuse to fill them up with unsafe dogs that PR want us to "save"... sheesh... we don't fill them even with our OWN dogs that we carefully select from our local pound or have surrendered to us. We can only care properly for a certain number of dogs to get them to a rehomable status, and that's what we set our upper limit to (which is a MUCH smaller number than we have a license to keep).

T.

Ok, I have well and truly had enough after a number of hard working volunteers have coped an avalanche of abuse from PR today.

I will be speaking with council tomorrow, this is out of hand, council need to be made aware of exactly who they are dealing with here.

I believe under the circumstances, given that PR have made it clear that if there are any issues with a dog they become involved with/rehome/rescue or god knows what else, responsibility will fall back upon councils who release the dog. Councils are at great risk of being sued and they need to be made aware of this.

There have been endless issues for rescues, volunteers, foster carrers, families etc.

If you are comfortable, please feel free to email me [email protected] with your experiences and concerns.

I will ensure any information will remain strictly confidential.

Facts and first hand experiences are crucial.

Thanks in advance,

Nic

Nic - if PR just go away is the issue of pounds releasing dogs with out proper temp testing and without desexing and without caring about who they go to still the same? Its just hard to see how they can do what they do if the pounds aren't allowing it to happen.

If you stop them how do you know another group doesn't do the same thing tomorrow or that private people take dogs out when they shouldn't be let out? Or am I reading it wrong?

I wonder if pounds don't have some kind of disclaimer in their adoption paperwork about that. No pound can truly assess a dog as 100% "safe" outside the pound environment when they only get to keep them for a maximum of 7-14 days in a kennel environment.

I believe that rescue should be held to a higher standard than that - and reputable rescues already operate at a much higher standard, which should be the norm IMHO...

Funnily enough - the most reputable rescues seem to be in the firing line for PR and their minions... reputable rescue is a finite resource, and animals are selected very carefully, tested thoroughly, and all likes and dislikes are imparted to prospective adopters. PR are all about just getting animals out of pounds with little or no regard as to what happens next... except to bring the donations in of course...

T.

Nic - if PR just go away is the issue of pounds releasing dogs with out proper temp testing and without desexing and without caring about who they go to still the same? Its just hard to see how they can do what they do if the pounds aren't allowing it to happen.

If you stop them how do you know another group doesn't do the same thing tomorrow or that private people take dogs out when they shouldn't be let out? Or am I reading it wrong?

I dont think we can stop PR's Julie, though I do believe that council need to made aware of the issues.

There are particular 'rescues' who HP will not work with.

The pics and notes on DOL are designed for experienced rescuers as a guide only. The dogs then go into care and are assesed, vetted rehomed responsibly.

Only on Saturday I was asked to introduce a small breed dog to two families with young children. I had not previously met the dog though realised very quickly that he was unsuitable as he had rear end issues. I made that clear to the families, they were very grateful, and I then informed the staff.

I have a good working relationship with council and believe that they will be very concerned with a number of issues involving PR's.