Whippet In Qbyn Pound

Is there any chance a local group can get her out for us. I'm happy to foster her and the NSW Club rescue co-ordinator is aware that she's there and we'd like to help out and clean up after our own breed.

I'd prefer to see her out of there straight away, rather than wait another couple of weeks

Sorry but what does "clean up after our own breed" mean? :confused:

Take care of the Whippets in need and not burden "rescue" with them.

I'm not going to be getting her out of the pound as she's a cross bred and I foster Whippets only . Hopefully she find a nice home

Poor girl, I hope someone who can take cross breeds may be able to help her. She looks adorable in the photos. Unfortunately I cannot do rescue these days. :(

Edited by LabTested

She doesn't have kelpie in her, she is smaller than her pics and is so sweet.

Maree

CPR

It was just a guess looking at her photos and going on the whippet kelpie crosses I've seen in the past. What I can say is she is not a pure whippet.

She looks like a beautiful sweet little girl though, and I really hope she gets a loving forever home. I hate looking in rescue because it just makes me sad, all these beautiful dogs in there, through no fault of their own, frightened, confused...... :cry:

I would have thought that rescuing a whippet X would be the definition of 'cleaning up after the breed' . Regardless of the percentages in the makeup of her genetics, this is a whippet cross. It is now up to 'rescue' to rehome the garbage.

Guest lavendergirl

I would have thought that rescuing a whippet X would be the definition of 'cleaning up after the breed' . Regardless of the percentages in the makeup of her genetics, this is a whippet cross. It is now up to 'rescue' to rehome the garbage.

None of these dogs are garbage surely. :(

She has rescue back up if she's not sold directly from the pound. I think she'll probably be sold directly as she's a lovely dog and this pound do get a good number of people looking at their dogs.

that's good to know, she has the sweetest face, I am sure she will be a brilliant pet, and fast too! :laugh: I'm glad she's got a coat now so at least her stay at the pound wont be so cold.

she looks like a whippet cross, doesn't mean she has any whippet in her at all.

It's very sad, but for those with limited resources and space I suppose they have to draw the line somewhere. I'm making an assumption here because I am not involved in rescue.

Sadly, we are seeing more and more pure whippets in pounds now and I suspect most of them are from puppy farms or BYB's since pedigree breeders usually (although not always) remove dew claws, and most of the whippets needing rescue have dew claws.

But the people who do rescue whippets still try to save these ones, no matter where they've come from.

She looks like a beautiful little girl though and I really hope she gets the perfect home soon.

It seems as though there is consensus among the whippet experts that the dog is a whippet cross. As soon as it was established that she is not 'pure' , whippet rescue bailed on her.

I will only take on "Whippets", I do so because as a "breed" they come with a certain amount of predictability in terms of their temperament and breed quirks.

I am not "whippet rescue", I am a dog breeder and exhibitor and as such I will pick and choose what dogs I bring into my home.

It seems as though there is consensus among the whippet experts that the dog is a whippet cross. As soon as it was established that she is not 'pure' , whippet rescue bailed on her.

I will only take on "Whippets", I do so because as a "breed" they come with a certain amount of predictability in terms of their temperament and breed quirks.

I am not "whippet rescue", I am a dog breeder and exhibitor and as such I will pick and choose what dogs I bring into my home.

*LIKE*

T.