House/dogs Sitter Needed In June For 5 Days

Tapua

OK we need a break and we havent been away together on our own without the dogs for 4 years and we need a break. So where do I find a responsible house sitter - I need one in June for about 4/5 nights. Where can I find someone and what is reasonable to offer as payment. Any suggestions. We have 8 dogs to care for 5 adults & 3 puppies.

Where are you? I posted something similar a while back and got quite a few pm's from DOL'ers offering to sit. Unfortunately most had kids which rules my place out but perhaps someone here might like a holiday? Alternatively try your vet and also house sitting web sites.

Where are you?

I have a couple that I highly recommend. They usually only do Sydney metro tho, and free too, though usually only 1 or 2 pets.

Pls PM me if you prefer. I have placed them with several friends/pet-owners and have had rave reviews. I also know them both quite well.

OK we need a break and we havent been away together on our own without the dogs for 4 years and we need a break. So where do I find a responsible house sitter - I need one in June for about 4/5 nights. Where can I find someone and what is reasonable to offer as payment. Any suggestions. We have 8 dogs to care for 5 adults & 3 puppies.

Sorry can't help with suggestions of who, but feel your pain. My Oh and I have had 1 holiday away together ion 18 years and that was when my brother was staying with us for six months and he could look after our tribe.

Wish you good luck in finding that person to look after your dogs......and enjoy your holiday!!!!!!!!

I advertised in the local paper and received lots of applicants..

I treated it like I was hiring someone... There were both good and not so good applicants.

We settled on a third year law student and she was wonderful.. She ended up sitting for us a few times...

Of all the ones we interviewed, the older uni students were the best...

In country NSW Woodstock near Cowra about 3 hours from Sydney we have 1 acre and 2 bedroom house.

Way too far from me, otherwise would've loved to help.

A list sounds like a great idea.

I advertised in the local paper and received lots of applicants..

I treated it like I was hiring someone... There were both good and not so good applicants.

We settled on a third year law student and she was wonderful.. She ended up sitting for us a few times...

Of all the ones we interviewed, the older uni students were the best...

Great way of going about it. I would try this because there will be decent and capable people out there for the job but you just have to find them. It sounds a lovely job for someone, even a retiree or widower etc.

Oh my goodness! I have plans to go down and see my sister in Woodstock but not till August. I would've loved to come and look after your lot for free as I would've just added it to my overall trip (which has no timeframes).

If you want a break again in August I would be more than happy to help out. I've only cared for a max of 3 dogs at a time in a home based environment but I'm sure your dogs have a routine that I would be following. It's all about them you know!

As I see it the problem is anyone capable of looking after a tribe of dogs probably has their own tribe of dogs to look after! :)

Yes, you hit the nail right on the head.

I can only house sit for those will allow me to take my own dogs.

I have 9 dogs and when I am away for three weeks at a time

I send the four manageable dogs to the local kennel

and the five not manageable dogs, stay on the property with self watering and a caretaker/petsitter checks on the dogs morning and night.

My usual vet is on call if needed.

I pay the caretaker $40 per day.

The caretaker does not live in the house.

They visit morning and night: lamb necks to the dogs, feed the cat, hay to the horses and check water supplies.

Edited by lilli