Which Breed Best Suits Your Image?

Blackdogs

We all know that people don't always own the types of dogs one would expect when thinking about stereotypes. I'd be interested to hear which breed you believe would suit your image (or perceived image) best and which you actually own.

This isn't meant to be taken too seriously, it's just for fun. :)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am short asian girlie girl type of girl so it totally make sense I own a small white fluffy dog. Which, of course, I do. I have a Japanese Spitz. I also own another small cute and fluffy dog too, a Cav x Shih Tzu :D

Well....I dont know if I look like a dalmatian person because I have never seen myself with any other dog... but my partner on the other hand is a financial planner, Italian and loves his suits.... he owns a pitbull by the name of Nala who is an absolute princess.... :)

I'm female, average height, brunette, and I like sporty clothing like track pants, so I guess I'd look good with a BC or something along those lines...

I currently have two little ones, a poodle x and a JRT x, but I've decided that I'd prefer something bigger next time, like a dobermann or malinois....

Great thread! I'm a dumpy middle aged grumpy HR Manager who doesn't take cr*p from anyone! German Shepherd perhaps? :rofl:

And I suppose the three westies I own who are independent types with attitude are a good match too!

Edited by westiemum

People always tell me that I've got a very mismatched dog. :laugh:

They expect something more along the lines of a big, maybe black and "mean" looking thing with a studded collar. Or chunky and "mean" looking. Or something that looks like a big scruffy mutt. My OH is the same - people are like.. .. poodle.. ?? You have a poodle?? Yep. Instead, I have a Toy Poodle that grandmas and old ladies love to gush over. It rules.

I've always considered my personality would be closest to a Bull Terrier.I have in the past owned a BT and a BT cross.

I'm a short chubby Grandmother.

Edited by Purdie

What would you guys think when you see a tall white aussie guy going jogging with a small Japanese Spitz? And, is not embarrassed to give her a cuddle in public. Just say, he gets hit on by a lot of guys...

What would you guys think when you see a tall white aussie guy going jogging with a small Japanese Spitz? And, is not embarrassed to give her a cuddle in public. Just say, he gets hit on by a lot of guys...

Thats so cute! I always smile when I see very large or tall men with tiny dogs! I think its sweet! :D

I look like I should own a Bitty! I'm small, girly and own a blond, girly, very pretty looking dog who wears girly collars!

MrB says one day he is going to buy me a yellow Beetle so I can cruise around with the Bitty riding shotgun! First wife and second wife in a cute car he says! :laugh:

I'm female, tattooed, metalhead so I guess it would be more stereotyped if I owned a bull breed of some kind or a mal perhaps.

Mr Bjelkier looks like a viking so it's pretty funny to see him with his white fluffy dogs.

Edited by Bjelkier

I am a country girl who is most often found in jeans (and covered in dirt courtesy of the ponies...) so my Kelpies suit me perfectly :) Not sure what I consider the stereotypical owner of a Lappy to look like :laugh:

Guest Willow

I'm very tall with loooong leegs, and long brunette hair....physically I guess I would look "right" with a Dane, or something long and leggy, a Grehound maybe....my reality is and aged, warty, smelly staffy :rofl: (perhaps he suits me....I guess that would be for onlookers to decide!!!!)

I look like a cross between a tree hugging hippie who escaped from the 60s and a sporty practical jeans/trackies wearing kind of person - no idea what kind of dog that means I should have...a saluki? (comes with it's very own fringes to suit the best hippie styling :laugh: ) or just some sort of nondescript rescue mutt?

We should be doing this the other way around and asking "What do you think a great dane owner looks like?" :laugh:

Well I'm a high school student in my last year so I suppose I should have a SWF or an 'oodle' or something trendy. I've got the family's staffy cross, then my own Aussie and schipperke...don't think I could get further than the stereotyped I guess :laugh:

By the way, awesome thread idea!

I'm female, brunette, average height, tattooed and pierced and I have an Aussie and an LGD, I actually think I suit them :laugh:

I don't know what people would consider a matching breed!

OH is well built with a shaved head and I always tell him he looks like a thug :laugh: so the LGD suits him but not the pretty merle Aussie! He loves any type of Bull Terrier normally and they suit him to a T.

Edited by Aussie3

My husband looks like he and our Doberman belong together, they are both lean and fit looking. Truth be told though, he is much better suited to our Bulldog as he is not very active and prefers to sit/lay most of the time.

He is in the Army and drives a tank so either of those 2 breeds would suit that I guess. He is very smitten with our JRT though, she is his dog and she wears a pink collar and lead and he kisses and cuddles her in public and talks to her in a baby voice and calls himself 'daddy' :D

ETA I'm not sure for me. I'm female, early 30's, tattooed and some piercings, a natural brunette but often dye my hair red or violet.

Edited by dobesrock

Let's see. An older breed, fairly large in size and not one to stand back from a stoush. I've been told I can be a bit intimidating but those who know me well think I'm quite a softie.

Neapolitan+Mastiff.jpg

I'll probably have similar wrinkles eventually. :D

Edited by Haredown Whippets