Dancing With Dogs Freestyle & Heelwork To Music

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Clover

Well done on the titles and results everyone :cheer:.

:laugh: Boxergirl we are working on that at the moment and are having fun with it. Bookers enthuasiasm is great, well done.

What have we been doing..... Competing at the Brisbane Royal - The Ekka

It is one of the hardest but fun venues to perform in. Our arena is a huge undercover tent area where large audience gather to watch up perform usually they are eating while watching us.

The hard part is we perform on the same surface that the breed showing happens where they have been using food all day, bitches in season etc.

I have entire male dogs who are food and people motivated you could imagine how difficult it is for my dogs. I also performed 2 new routines which was a huge or crazy thing to do. :laugh:

Although only 1 of my 3 routines came off the way I wanted it to I was happy with what they did.

Our results were Chook 1st in Freestyle Intermediate (no quallie) with his new routine Super Mario and 1st Heelwork to Music (with a quallie score 159) with War of the Worlds and my young boy Styler 3rd Heelwork to Music Intermediate (no quallie) with new routine The Thunderbirds.

Here is a link to Chook's HTM Intermediate Routine. (hopefully I have done it right, I'm not very techie LOL)

Wow lovely routine and congrats on your pass at the EKKA. Royal are such hard places to compete at in any dog sport and to get a pass is just fantastic :)

Well done on the titles and results everyone :cheer:.

:laugh: Boxergirl we are working on that at the moment and are having fun with it. Bookers enthuasiasm is great, well done.

Hi Clover :wave: I have met you at BODC.

And thanks every one for the Congrats on Splash's Freestyle title. She was having heaps of fun in the ring.

Lovely video BC4ME :thumbsup:

Thank you it was definitely hard work, Chook can be very frustrating to work one minute he is spot on and the next he is an airhead so when it all came together I was so stoked and I lost it at the end like a big blubbering baby :rofl::cry::cry::rofl:

What have we been doing..... Competing at the Brisbane Royal - The Ekka

It is one of the hardest but fun venues to perform in. Our arena is a huge undercover tent area where large audience gather to watch up perform usually they are eating while watching us.

The hard part is we perform on the same surface that the breed showing happens where they have been using food all day, bitches in season etc.

I have entire male dogs who are food and people motivated you could imagine how difficult it is for my dogs. I also performed 2 new routines which was a huge or crazy thing to do. :laugh:

Although only 1 of my 3 routines came off the way I wanted it to I was happy with what they did.

Our results were Chook 1st in Freestyle Intermediate (no quallie) with his new routine Super Mario and 1st Heelwork to Music (with a quallie score 159) with War of the Worlds and my young boy Styler 3rd Heelwork to Music Intermediate (no quallie) with new routine The Thunderbirds.

Here is a link to Chook's HTM Intermediate Routine. (hopefully I have done it right, I'm not very techie LOL)

Wow lovely routine and congrats on your pass at the EKKA. Royal are such hard places to compete at in any dog sport and to get a pass is just fantastic :)

Thanks, yes royals are the hardest place to work but I love the atmosphere.

Even though I knew Styler's routine wasn't really ready to compete I put it in just so he could soak up the atmosphere and also to see what needed proofing. You don't get that environment anywhere else so I worked with it and although he didn't quallie we got a lot from the experience.

When it comes to dog training I'm a big believer that you have to make the most of every opportunity that comes along.

Totally agree BC4Me. Kenz had a blast doing her royal DWD demo a few years ago. Took me a bit by surprise given she had only just started coping in the normal world of trials and it was a huge jump from that to expecting her to work and perform at the royal. The demos were on after General Specials so at the end of the royal and the ring had similarly been used all week for showing dogs and there was food on the ground.

I might just be thinking about a starters freestyle routine for my oldie :laugh:. Want to get out and there and do something and she seems up for it after racing around her track at the tracking trial the other weekend. Will give it some more thought.

Loretta and Jackson were great! Such a lovely team, and a good advertisement for our sport.

Ms Shandy and I are competing this weekend, just in Novice Freestyle. Four of our new starters from our club are entered as well; their first competition, so we'll be performing the important job of cheer squad and moral support!

Loretta and Jackson were great! Such a lovely team, and a good advertisement for our sport.

Ms Shandy and I are competing this weekend, just in Novice Freestyle. Four of our new starters from our club are entered as well; their first competition, so we'll be performing the important job of cheer squad and moral support!

Good luck and remember to have fun :thumbsup:

Is that at Erskine Park, aka Orchard Hills lol? Except for going to the Dogs NSW open day I haven't been to anything DWD related this year due to ill health. I'm contemplating going with a friend to have a look see. :)

Is that at Erskine Park, aka Orchard Hills lol? Except for going to the Dogs NSW open day I haven't been to anything DWD related this year due to ill health. I'm contemplating going with a friend to have a look see. :)

Yep, we're competing there, whatever they're calling it!

I think there's about a dozen of us coming up from Canberra, including quite a few new starters. We had a dress rehearsal tonight, and there were some great looking routines!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

how is everyone going? My routines are not happening at the moment as I have hit a brick wall with ideas for music etc. Looking forward to watching everyone compete at Royal Melbourne show. I believe that they got 39 entries which is great and good luck to them all.

cheers

Lol kallistar. Back burner for mine at the moment ... but ticking over. There's a DWD comp at the BC National in Melbourne in March .. so that gives me a target..who knows if I'll meet it. :-)

In the meantime we're busy with agility , rally, track and search, and a bit of conformation showing for Rory.

Good luck to everyone at the Royal. Bet it'll be a crowd pleaser.

Lol kallistar. Back burner for mine at the moment ... but ticking over. There's a DWD comp at the BC National in Melbourne in March .. so that gives me a target..who knows if I'll meet it. :-)

In the meantime we're busy with agility , rally, track and search, and a bit of conformation showing for Rory.

Good luck to everyone at the Royal. Bet it'll be a crowd pleaser.

Is the dwd comp at the BC nationals just for BC,s?? Do you think that my girl Splash could get away with being a BC for the day?