Dancing With Dogs Freestyle & Heelwork To Music

The end of our first week with the Michelle Pouliot Course & things are going good :thumbsup: Now on to Step 2 of the Stationary Duration Attention Exercises & introducing the four heel positions, left, right, front & behind. Still with little to no distractions. Hoping by next week I will be able to fade out the hand cue & just use a verbal to put her into position.

How is your dwd training going now Sheena ?

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shhhh, don't say they're that close!!! I haven't really sorted out my routine yet, nor a costume!!!

:laugh: You're not alone there PME. I'm staring to panic a tad now - I do have music edited - and some ideas ... but choreo is still a work in progress - have ideas about costume (will be simple) - props - likewise. Why did I enter 2 dogs in 2 xlasses each???

Time is an issue - just finishing an online course - working slot - at the Fenzi academy - great!! but tine consuming - and dogs have a busy calendar - Rally and obedience trials last week, agility doubles this weekend and next weekend ... gulp!

@ sheena - that course looks really interesting. Hope she offers it again.

Shhhh, don't say they're that close!!! I haven't really sorted out my routine yet, nor a costume!!!

two weeks away I believe :) And you have some idea of what song you are using, cause you have already entered I hope.. not like me who hasnt got any idea and wants to enter the April DWD comp

Edited by kallistar

:laugh: You're not alone there PME. I'm staring to panic a tad now - I do have music edited - and some ideas ... but choreo is still a work in progress - have ideas about costume (will be simple) - props - likewise. Why did I enter 2 dogs in 2 xlasses each???

Time is an issue - just finishing an online course - working slot - at the Fenzi academy - great!! but tine consuming - and dogs have a busy calendar - Rally and obedience trials last week, agility doubles this weekend and next weekend ... gulp!

I am trying to work out how I can get there to cheer you all on.. So want to watch you all

two weeks away I believe :) And you have some idea of what song you are using, cause you have already entered I hope.. not like me who hasnt got any idea and wants to enter the April DWD comp

Song sorted, plus most of the moves we will include. Just need to sort out what order they need to go in and how to use the ring, oh and that whole costume issue!!

Song sorted, plus most of the moves we will include. Just need to sort out what order they need to go in and how to use the ring, oh and that whole costume issue!!

:) the costume is probably the hardest part

We havn't done much now for at least a week, as I have been too busy with the agility trial. But it did give me good opportunities to practice her attention exercises in a very distracting environment. She was all eyes for me :thumbsup: so I would say that the DWD course is also helping with her other activities :)

I think it's available at any time Tassie :)

Hmm, freaking out a little bit now!! I have a routine, but Kenzie doesn't want to practice and do things!!! I don't have a costume and I don't know if I can sort one out between now and the weekend!! Argh!! I'll work something out I'm sure!

As Ness said, sometime you have just wing it.

Also ask for ideas on here for costumes.. that is part of the reason this is here, to help everyone in DWD.

I am toying with the idea of entering the April DWD.. but I might chicken out

Good luck

As Ness said, sometime you have just wing it.

Oh I do hope so!!! I have music, sort of (rather uninteresting costumes) and some ideas - but .... putting it all together ....hmmmm. Busy all weekend at agility trial - and last weekend. And now getting ready to leave on Wednesday. Chickening out is looking better and better :rofl: