Dancing With Dogs Freestyle & Heelwork To Music

I had a dementia moment and entered 2 of my kids at the royal at the beginning of October. I am trying to bumble my way through putting 2 routines together (1 x starters and 1 x intermediate) and it just isn't happening - poor dogs have a big handicap - ME!

I do have music - thinking I should quit now while I am ahead. rofl1.gif

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ kallistar .... :-) sadly, because of ANKC riles about breed Nationsls, everything is only for ANKC registered BCs ....sorry Splash.

@ Ptolomy ...love those rushes of blood to the .head. But hey you still have a couple of weeks . ;-)

@ kallistar .... :-) sadly, because of ANKC riles about breed Nationsls, everything is only for ANKC registered BCs ....sorry Splash.

@ Ptolomy ...love those rushes of blood to the .head. But hey you still have a couple of weeks . ;-)

But Splash looks like a black tri BC with a full white collar, four white feet and white tip on the end of her tail.. Surely they wouldn't notice the difference... ROFLOL

@Ptolomy, you will get there, cause you have amazing talented dogs and you are an amazing handler :) Just don't forget to post your results on here please :)

kallistar.....if you can get Splash past the BC folk I'm going to enter my Springer. And the Dally :laugh:

LOL, but your Dally has spots and your Springer has broken colour. So I think that my girl would get away with it alot easier than your sorry. And the GP keep telling me that she is a lovely BC :)

So when are you going to get into DWD? I cant remember if there is a Dally or Springer competing here in Vic yet

Call me :confused: but does that include Limited register BCs? I would love to enter Tilba in DWD but we aren't very good, in fact we are terrible. :( Looks like we'll have to go down to Melbourne dogless as we are going to play it by ear accommodation wise. If all else fails we could stay with oh's nephew but his kids are terrified of dogs so no chance of taking them.

Yes - all Border Collies registered on the ANKC Main, Limited or Neuter Registers are eligible for the performance events. Limited Register of course are not eligible for conformation. As far as I understand, this is not a ruling of the local organisers - they are bound by ANKC rules regarding the holding of National Breed events - I believe these rules have been in place for a few years now - though they were not in place at the time of the first BC Nationals, I believe.

The ANKC rules have caused some major concerns (for want of a better word) among particularly the Sporting Register BC people who would like to be able to compete in herding and agility in particular.

Yes - all Border Collies registered on the ANKC Main, Limited or Neuter Registers are eligible for the performance events. Limited Register of course are not eligible for conformation. As far as I understand, this is not a ruling of the local organisers - they are bound by ANKC rules regarding the holding of National Breed events - I believe these rules have been in place for a few years now - though they were not in place at the time of the first BC Nationals, I believe.

The ANKC rules have caused some major concerns (for want of a better word) among particularly the Sporting Register BC people who would like to be able to compete in herding and agility in particular.

Thanks ness & Tassie, I thought it was so, just double checking.

I know an instructor at my obedience club before I joined, did/does agility & judges. She only ever has mixed breed dogs & fought for them to be able to compete in agility.

kallistar.....if you can get Splash past the BC folk I'm going to enter my Springer. And the Dally :laugh:

LOL, but your Dally has spots and your Springer has broken colour. So I think that my girl would get away with it alot easier than your sorry. And the GP keep telling me that she is a lovely BC :)

So when are you going to get into DWD? I cant remember if there is a Dally or Springer competing here in Vic yet

Something I'd like to try with both of them but retrieving training trumps all at the moment - down the track, for sure - I'm already putting together a repertoire of fun tricks with Em and she works reasonably well on both sides. I have a huge list of songs for both of them :laugh:

Thanks ness & Tassie, I thought it was so, just double checking.

I know an instructor at my obedience club before I joined, did/does agility & judges. She only ever has mixed breed dogs & fought for them to be able to compete in agility.

I can still remember members of the club I belonged to then going mob-handed to a meeting of Dogs Tas to get the Associate Register reopened, so that mixed breed and non registered pures could compete in the performance disciplines. Not so many years .ago

• 2 months later...

Well it is nearly the end of the year and with it another year of DWD comps are nearing the end.

Last Saturday the DWD Club of Vic held their last comp for the year. I wasn't competing but went to help out and watch some fantastic routine in both HTM and Freestyle.

Next year the new revised rules start as of 01/01/2014 which will make it more exciting for us all.

Has any one got any updates of what they have been doing that they would like to share with us?

*cough* I have entered a trial in a week and a half's time - I keep threatening to do some training between now and then - but not holding my breath. Think I have said this before but we will slip into retirement after this one laugh.gif Advanced is way to hard for me.

*cough* I have entered a trial in a week and a half's time - I keep threatening to do some training between now and then - but not holding my breath. Think I have said this before but we will slip into retirement after this one laugh.gif Advanced is way to hard for me.

Are you doing Freestyle or HTM and no you are not allowed to slip away into retirement just yet. :laugh:

Definitely HWM - we have no tricks or skills - in fact we can heel and not much more rofl1.gif and now he is in semi retirement heel position is open for interpretation....... in fact so is sit, drop and come eek1.gif

Bless his little white cotton socks biggrin.gif

I did bring the stud dog out for the Royal and after he ate the music and I had to race home and burn another CD - he did get his HWM starters title - but have no plans to being him out again - my blood pressure is still recovering smile.gif

Well it is nearly the end of the year and with it another year of DWD comps are nearing the end.

Last Saturday the DWD Club of Vic held their last comp for the year. I wasn't competing but went to help out and watch some fantastic routine in both HTM and Freestyle.

Next year the new revised rules start as of 01/01/2014 which will make it more exciting for us all.

Has any one got any updates of what they have been doing that they would like to share with us?

We had our last comp here in QLD last week-end. We saw some lovely new starters having a go in Rookies. I am looking forward to seeing them compete in starters next year.

We had a thunder storm approaching just as the competition got underway and it hit during presentations. There were a few withdrawals with dogs not coping with the impending storm. But overall there were some lovely routines performed.

My boy Chook just missed out on his Freestyler Intermediate title so now we will have to take all our props all the way up to Toowoomba early next year LOL.

My highlight for the year was Chook performing at the Ekka and taking out first place in HTM Intermediate. For him to perform in that environment was amazing, I was so proud of him and the best part was we got it all on video. :thumbsup:

What was everybody else's highlights?