Dogz Forum User Needs A Hand

Steve

Just a quick update.

The cash donations have made a huge impact on this girl and has allowed her to cover a couple of things as well as being able to get some desperately needed groceries - it has taken an enormous amount of pressure off for her.

She has also received the dog food donations which will keep her going for several weeks and this has meant a lot too as the dogs are the reason she hangs in and pushes to get better.

I hope now she has another reason - knowing so many people cared enough to go out of their way to make life a little easier for her - even though she feels she isn't worthy.

To everyone who offered kind words,gifts, donations and best wishes to this girl on her behalf I would like to say Thank you- especially to the kind person who bought this to our attention.

Dogzonline rocks - Thank you.

I will stay in contact with her and keep you posted.

Julie

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quick update.

The cash donations have made a huge impact on this girl and has allowed her to cover a couple of things as well as being able to get some desperately needed groceries - it has taken an enormous amount of pressure off for her.

She has also received the dog food donations which will keep her going for several weeks and this has meant a lot too as the dogs are the reason she hangs in and pushes to get better.

I hope now she has another reason - knowing so many people cared enough to go out of their way to make life a little easier for her - even though she feels she isn't worthy.

To everyone who offered kind words,gifts, donations and best wishes to this girl on her behalf I would like to say Thank you- especially to the kind person who bought this to our attention.

Dogzonline rocks - Thank you.

I will stay in contact with her and keep you posted.

Julie

Thanks for the update, much appreciated Steve. :D

Guest Panzer Attack!

Hi there everyone that has read this thread, messaged kind words or donated,

i am beyond words at the kindness of this forum. When Steve called me to say that a DOLer had read my blog and reached out, i was so touched, but a little ashamed too (not your fault, mystery person!). My sickness became critical so quickly, the day after i told my boss i was sick i was admitted through emergency with a failing heart and abysmal blood oxygen. The last few months have been the toughest of my entire life. i've been struggling with an eating disorder on and off since i was 12 years old, and i'm 27 now. THANKFULLY the hospital deemed me suitable for a publicly funded anorexia program and i'm now on the road to recovery (slowly, oh so painfully, but surely). Since my almost 2 week stay in hospital i've managed to reach my first goal weight and no longer look skeletal (i've put on a bit over 10kg to get there!).

Naturally i did not know i was going to get this way, and unfortunately C-link and i haven't had the best relationship. They have paid me a little money in the almost three months since my medical team urged me to apply for sickness benefits due to my not being fit to work, but we're still fighting to get the full amount. Thanks to my Most Favouritest Person we are getting there (and thanks to my bank for extending my credit card limit so i'm not yet homeless LOL)!

My number one priority was making sure my dogs could eat, and i figured if i told Steve i was a bit short on dog food (and this was after she kept persisting because i was sooooo friggin embarrassed when she called!!!) she'd post me a bag. God i did not expect the outpour of kindness and doggy delights!! Considering i have a Papillon and a JRT mix, they're going to be eating like kings for the next couple of months! :laugh: i won't name and shame the people i know donated but please know that i thank each and every one of you from the bottom of my heart. And to those who i don't know - thank you too!

Also - to everyone who has commented on my blog or messaged me on here, please know how very much it means to me. i've lost a fair number of friends through my latest bout of this illness due to being 'selfish', 'stupid' and 'why can't you just eat a cheeseburger omg?', including my closest friend of 12 years :( Even my parents don't understand. i was in a dark place and the only thing getting me through were a tiny number of people that tried their hardest to understand, and my dogs. Eating disorders are NOT a choice and not something you can just quit one day, and i'm finding that out the hard way!! When Steve called me i cried, when my boss told me my beloved job was there when i wanted to come back i cried, when people on this forum i've never spoken to offered me better support than my own flesh and blood (brother barely speaks to me, parents are angry) i cried, and i just can't say enough how amazing you all are. THANK you.

And lastly - if anyone here is struggling with an ED and needs someone to talk to PLEASE let me know. Recovery is a wretched journey but if i can do it after this long, you can too! One of the people in my group is 51 and started fighting her anorexia when she was 16, so it's never too late!

xoxoxoxoxo

edit: it's been really super confronting posting this and i was shaking as i hit the 'post' button, but i felt like a coward trying to get people's user names so i could PM them a thank you and hope they wouldn't attack me for not having a real sickness, so eek!

Edited by Panzer Attack!

Panzer Attack! .....you are a fabulous person for accepting that you have an illness`. You don't have an easy one that is well understood by the community like MS or diabetes.

You have an illness that in 50 years will be treated very differently but until then anorexia will not receive the support from the general community that its sufferers deserve.

You didn't choose this but you are on the path to accepting this and moving forward.

You will go down some dark paths yet but always remember that you are loved and cared for by strangers who can see what a good person you are.

When you are down.....find this thread and remember how everyone reached out to you and offered you support.

Cuddle your dogs and rejoice that you have them.

You are special...... get better and then pay it forward to someone else in that dark place.

Hugs xxxoooo

Until now, I didn't know which DOLer this thread was about. PA you're post had me in tears. What you have been through sounds incredibly horrible. Take strength from all the caring people here. I hope you start to see more happy days. :)

Where are the tissues I have something in my eye!

Anorexia is another one of those illnesses that most people can't possibly understand, but now you know there are stacks of us behind you and supporting you :grouphug: Can't rush perfection, right? So take time and heal yourself :kissbetter:

Edited by shmoo

PA : You're here, you're aware of your problem, you've admitted it to yourself and you're trying to get better, little by little.

Four milestones that I can count, and I don't even know you :D.

Keep taking one step after another. And don't quit even if there's a slip up.

It makes such a huge difference when you know so many people are behind you, doesn't it? I know - I've had them behind me and it is a tremendous, overwhelming yet beautiful force of gentle, solid strength.

Take it. Run with it.

:)

Edited by Erny