Flying Dogs To Perth

huski

More importantly, are you flying evil Beagle and do I get to meet her? :p

Not this time but maybe for a visit!

My mum has moved to Perth and is taking Cherry with her.

I have booked her in via AAE, it was only $60 plus crate through dog tainers which was $45. Thanks everyone for your advice!

Glad you worked it all out.

Just wanted to add, I always thought that flying a dog unaccompanied, is more expensive, even through AAE. It cost me a lot more flying my dog return unaccompanied even through an agent, but flying with the dog was considerably less. it was almost worth considering flying the trip with her, because the cost didn't vary that much!

So, if I'm flying WITH the dog, I book direct through AAE. If I'm not flying with the dog, I book through an agency, which is definitely cheaper.

I really do miss the good old days :laugh:

Prior to the 2000 Olympics I flew with my dog and cat several times out of Sydney. There were always building works going on and I had to line up with the regular passengers to check in. We were constantly waived the fee once the check in staff met them and we were always pulled out of the queue and treated like we were flying first class. Then they'd ask if I would like to put them on the plane myself so I'd walk out on the tarmac with a crated cat plus dog on lead and her empty crate. Oh the days before security was a priority!!!

Prior to the 2000 Olympics I flew with my dog and cat several times out of Sydney. There were always building works going on and I had to line up with the regular passengers to check in. We were constantly waived the fee once the check in staff met them and we were always pulled out of the queue and treated like we were flying first class. Then they'd ask if I would like to put them on the plane myself so I'd walk out on the tarmac with a crated cat plus dog on lead and her empty crate. Oh the days before security was a priority!!!

That would have been a LOT easier!!

I dropped Cherry and mum off at the airport this afternoon, the flight won't get in for another couple of hours though so I am just waiting to hear how Cherry Bean will go. She's done the flight before so I hope she is ok, I was in tears dropping her off today :o:(

Must have been little planes ,never in all the years of flying dogs where we allowed to do that due to safety rules on the tarmac

When are u coming to Perth? Is it for a trial??

No no (not at this stage anyway!) I'll be there over Christmas time though to visit mum and Cherry. Maybe with Daisy, not sure yet.

Hope she has a safe trip huski, i wish you could still take them in the terminal at most airports (would be much easier). I find the whole flying across the country thing stressful. Dropping them off 90 minutes early, then flights are nearly always late, then collecting your baggage, then finding the freight building. The dog normally has to spend a good 8 hours in the crate.

Cherry made it to Perth safe and sound and is loving being back at our family home there. She is apparently running around like a puppy and having a great time. I'm still really sad and miss her lots but the house there is much better for her than my place plus she's the only dog there so is getting loads of attention. I'm happy she is happy and my mum is so glad to have her there.