Tiny Pony Time!

WoofnHoof

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure I would suffocate him with cuddles :rofl: He looks so fluffy and cuddly just like a giant teddy horse :rofl:

He sure is one cute little pony!!

I showed OH the pics and asked if we could get one... he said only if the pony could sleep on the bed with us and the dogs. BAHAHAHA!!!

I have already put my order in for one here :laugh: So darn cute !

Lol as far as horses go they don't get much cheaper or easier than these little dudes :D It was raining and awful last week I was soooo tempted to bring him inside but I was strong and didn't, plus it would have sent the dogs crazy lol.

That is exactly what OH said to me when I put my mini pony order in with him yesterday, " so I suppose we will have a pony next galloping around the loungeroom next with our 2 dogs" :rofl: He knows me too well :p

Edited by BC Crazy

Silly question, but how old are Foals when they leave their mum? I just presumed that as a larger animal, they would stay with them for a long time, but it seems not.

It's a bit of a piece of string question - different circumstances. With Shetlands or miniature ponies generally between four and six months. Any earlier is very unfair, and too much longer makes the weaning process more difficult. If the mare is pregnant again, better not to have the foal on her too much longer - but if not it isn't an issue for the ponies, more a management convenience issue for the owner.

My foal is still on the mare and he is six months. And she could be in foal. But I'm still housebound with broken leg so I can't manage weaning him til he is 7 or 8 months - not ideal, but not the end of the world.

Company is an issue with new weaners - if no company it's also unfair - and if they are weaned with company, they might not develop independence and always have separation anxiety when taken out for training etc. Or stress if the companion pony is taken away. Life's never simple.

Oh my that's just like marshmallows on legs :D :D :D

Where do I put my order in for one of him please ????

I had a mini a million years ago but he was never as gorgeous as that like hunk of spunk :love: ( but I did get him as a 4 year old lol and he was still pretty cute)

Love his coloring and his mum is pretty too.

We want updates every week at least :laugh:

Cheers Janet

Sorry I've only just been back to this thread!

It's a bit of a piece of string question - different circumstances. With Shetlands or miniature ponies generally between four and six months. Any earlier is very unfair, and too much longer makes the weaning process more difficult. If the mare is pregnant again, better not to have the foal on her too much longer - but if not it isn't an issue for the ponies, more a management convenience issue for the owner.

My foal is still on the mare and he is six months. And she could be in foal. But I'm still housebound with broken leg so I can't manage weaning him til he is 7 or 8 months - not ideal, but not the end of the world.

Company is an issue with new weaners - if no company it's also unfair - and if they are weaned with company, they might not develop independence and always have separation anxiety when taken out for training etc. Or stress if the companion pony is taken away. Life's never simple.

Yes this, it depends on a lot of things, if it had been up to me he would have been with mum longer as the seller took him off mum at about 3 months. :eek: Not something I'd do but I didn't have a lot of say in it unfortunately, he seems to be coping ok though he is getting more independent and he always has the big horses to talk to although he's not in with them. The filly I bred I weaned her at 6 months and she was quite independent and they were both ready to move on, that made it a lot easier.

He's doing really well, he had to get branded the other day and he went really well, another thing I would have left longer but the seller wouldn't put his papers in until he was branded so it had to be done. So hopefully he can chill out and rest up for a bit now, he is a pleasure to have around always calls out when he sees me and is always up for a scratch, he is learning not to bite and strike so that is great I think he will be a very well mannered little guy. I'll try and get some more pics it really needs to warm up on the weekend so I can give him a bath :)

I'll try and get some more pics it really needs to warm up on the weekend so I can give him a bath :)

Yes please. I dont care if he has a bath or not, Woof. I come in here everyday to see if you have updated pics of the funny little guy.

Are you going to give him a bath in the tub laugh.gif that would be pretty cute

Why did he have to be branded? Is it similar to why we microchip or more to verify breeding?

He is unbelievably cute. I wanna give him a cuddle

Lol Cat no he'll have to have the hose like the big boys :) Branding is mostly for ID and tracking, some microchip as well or instead of these days. The seller wanted him branded with her brand so that he could be identified as coming from her stud (he will also be registered with her prefix), it was a condition of sale and one I was fine with, no skin off my nose :)

Lol Cat no he'll have to have the hose like the big boys :)

How much does he weigh? When I first showed the pic of him saying hello to the horses to mr R, he thought he was a dog :rofl:

Not sure Raz, the vet estimated him at about 40kg, he probably a little less though, he's able to be picked up he's very tiny :D I reckon I'll have to teach him to stand on a grooming table like a dog cos grooming at that height will do my back in! :laugh:

He should get about the same size as his mum (I think the pics are on page 2?) which is about 80cm so he's got a fair bit of growing to do he won't be finished until he's about 3 or 4, I think they get to around 80kg? Not sure but I know I can't pick up an adult mini :)

Oh yeah he is just so cute he has the funniest little neigh it's like a little piglet squeal cracks me up :laugh:

Oh yeah he is just so cute he has the funniest little neigh it's like a little piglet squeal cracks me up :laugh:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: You need to film him and stick it on utube. I've got to hear this!