Plans On Another Dog.

introduce slowly and carefully. constant supervision is a must. sooner or later, they will get use to each others' presence.

Or fight to the death with no chance of separating two dogs with that much power. I sure wouldn't risk an entire male of either of those breeds with any other entire male. The risk is just too great if they have a disagreement. I would be very surprised at anyone that would sell you a second male.

Do you have a Cavalier pup as well?

Edit - if your cane corso is still a pup, I think it would be better to raise and train this boy first, and get to know his adult temperament before adding a second pup, especially for dogs that are going to grow up so big.

Edited by Weasels

introduce slowly and carefully. constant supervision is a must. sooner or later, they will get use to each others' presence.

Or fight to the death with no chance of separating two dogs with that much power. I sure wouldn't risk an entire male of either of those breeds with any other entire male. The risk is just too great if they have a disagreement. I would be very surprised at anyone that would sell you a second male.

Totally agree with dancinbcs...

So you purchased a Cav puppy in April and have added a Cane Corso puppy and now you want to get Boerboel pup... You are going to be so busy training and caring for so many pups..

Wasn't there another forum member not long ago with one of these large powerful breeds that also had a Labrador?

There were issues and the big dog hurt the labrador. But they were best mates when one was a pup...

Edited by Staffyluv

So you purchased a Cav puppy in April and have added a Cane Corso puppy and now you want to get Boerboel pup... You are going to be so busy training and caring for so many pups..

Wasn't there another forum member not long ago with one of these large powerful breeds that also had a Labrador?

There were issues and the big dog hurt the labrador. But they were best mates when one was a pup...

I think that was a neo mastiff and didn't he get bitten by it when separating them?

Yes I remember that poor lab..

I think that was a neo mastiff and didn't he get bitten by it when separating them?

sooner or later, they will get use to each others' presence.

yes, they will.............. however, getting used to one another's presence is NOT automatically being friendly, or being able to be left unsupervised. :(

some dogs, male or female, just do not like certain other dogs, IMO. -

Guest english.ivy

Before even considering, allow the cane corso to mature and become fully trained.

You're asking for trouble if you don't.

What I really meant was introduce slowly meaning let them smell each other first on lease I have to add and see their initial reaction. It could have been love at first sight! Brotherly love I mean.

He also did not state if he's getting a puppy or an adult, male or female. Either of the above would have produced a whole different result.

Edited by andrewang

What I really meant was introduce slowly meaning let them smell each other first on lease I have to add and see their initial reaction. It could have been love at first sight! Brotherly love I mean.

He also did not state if he's getting a puppy or an adult, male or female. Either of the above would have produced a whole different result.

The first post does state a male puppy?

I agree with letting your current dog mature first and ensure this dog is very well socialized. Then decide if you think it would handle a new dog in the household. I would advise against getting another male with the breeds you are choosing, especially undesexed. Better to get a female.

x2

If you are purely in the pet situation (ie not an established committed breeder OR trainer) I personally would class anyone who would sell you a male puppy of ANY breed with a male Corso at home as totally unethical.

Two very powerful breeds, if they start a serious fight some one or thing is going to die before they stop. Please reconsider - why not have your dog neutered when he's old enough (could be 2 years or so) and then go looking for a bitch. I only say have him neutered because if you go looking for a bitch with an entire male at home this raises a lot of alarm bells given how many bogan idiots want to get in to "tough" breeds - sad but true.

If you desexed both they old get along fine IMO

Rubbish. If BOTH dogs are de-sexed they're back on a level playing field. With an existing where issues have arisen I would say desex one, keep the other entire, but this is a situation this person is planning on creating - get a bitch and 99% of the time the problem will never arise. I didn't realise they already had a Cavalier - hope it's not a male or it could end up very unpleasant all 'round.